Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prometeus - iwstack accused of fraud without explanation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Prometeus - iwstack accused of fraud without explanation

eKoeKo Member
edited June 2016 in Reviews

so Last night, I placed an order at iwstack, so i payed the 30euro thing.

I used my real details, name, paypal, address cuz my project has nothing to do with illegal stuff, yet I got rejected and got no real explanations about WHY i got rejected. Im totally sure thats because im from a non EU country, and there is some kind of prejudice about it.

My order was rejected and refunded.
Here is the screenshot of the ticket, please comment and let me know what you think.

Thanked by 1netomx

Comments

• tommytommy Member

lol move on, they dont want your money

Thanked by 1boernd
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Ever think maybe you're in a public fraud database or maybe there's something easy to find via Google that might lead to a negative view of you and your intentions?

Let's just kill this "racism" thing in its tracks. No one cares about your race, no one is judging you by your place of birth.

• PandyPandy Member

You forgot to blank out your name on one of the replies

• eKoeKo Member

@jarland said:

I dont think Im on any public db for fraud as I never did fraud ever in my life.
    Also, If i were doing fraud, I wouldnt offer to be verified by passport, dont you agree?

• maybe somebody same as your name make illegal stuf with iwstack previously. And now they do blacklist

@eKo said:

@jarland said:

I dont think Im on any public db for fraud as I never did fraud ever in my life.
    Also, If i were doing fraud, I wouldnt offer to be verified by passport, dont you agree?

Being in a database for fraud doesn't necessarily mean that you commit or intend to commit fraud. Just saying that they seem to have some idea about your intentions, you should be most interested in where that data came from.

• eKoeKo Member
    edited June 2016

I asked WHY all this, still no explanation are given.

Thanks @Pandy, fixed.

• vldvld Member
    edited June 2016

Total bullshit? You got a refund, didn't lose any data. They can choose their clients. Move on.

@eKo said:
    I asked WHY all this, still no explanation are given.

Well then it's up to you to put the puzzle together. They obviously have no intent on explaining. We can be quite confident it isn't discrimination. They have data that leads them to believe that they know this, so what could it be?

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

That's why you sign up with fake data at prometeus and most other providers.

Thanked by 1eKo
  • eKoeKo Member

@vld said:
    Total bullshit? You got a refund, didn't lose any data. They can choose their clients. Move on.

Excuse me, so for you is just being refunded and move on?
    At least I need to know WHY they threat me like that, dont you agree?

For what it's worth I can't find you on fraudrecord or anything via Google, at least based on the info available to me.

Thanked by 2vimalware netomx
  • eKoeKo Member

@jarland

The intention of this thread is to give my own review of this provider, who didnt provide a service which was paid for regular name, regular paypal, even offered them to be verified by ID. Now, I know for sure that my name is clean, i never used my real details for fraudolent stuff, and never will. Said that, this is a shame that a provider such as prometeus, under these circumstances, doesnt offer me the chance to know why im rejected or let me verify my identity so Im no fraud at all.
    Also, not providing a real / concrete reason why a customer is rejected seems to me a bit strange, cuz I Will move on for sure, but the WHY still stays in place.

Thanks.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited June 2016

eKo said: i never used my real details for fraudolent stuff, and never will.

That part made me smile a bit. You probably did not mean it that way, but it implies so much.

Fair enough. @Maounique

• eKoeKo Member

@Amitz said:

by that I meant that I never did fraudolent stuff in my life, neither with fake or real details.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@eKo said:
    @jarland

The intention of this thread is to give my own review of this provider, who didnt provide a service which was paid for regular name, regular paypal, even offered them to be verified by ID. Now, I know for sure that my name is clean, i never used my real details for fraudolent stuff, and never will. Said that, this is a shame that a provider such as prometeus, under these circumstances, doesnt offer me the chance to know why im rejected or let me verify my identity so Im no fraud at all.
    Also, not providing a real / concrete reason why a customer is rejected seems to me a bit strange, cuz I Will move on for sure, but the WHY still stays in place.

Thanks.

Often times providers do not explain why is because in doing so they provide you information from which you can attempt to evade that detection. Trust me people try it all the time.

If the provider doesn't want to accept your business just move on. You are taking this too personally.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • AmitzAmitz Member

by that I meant that I never did fraudolent stuff in my life, neither with fake or real details.

Don't get me wrong - I am not judging. It just sounded awkward in the given context. ;-)

• eKoeKo Member
    edited June 2016

Yeah, its personal, because, a trusted Provider such Prometeus, cannot do stuff like that. I trusted the reviews from here on LET, for that reason decided to give it a shot...

@Amitz said:

Im deeply sorry, but english isnt my main language :)

• deankdeank Member, Troll

A host won't explain why since explaining why gives them ideas on how to evade next.

You are taking too personally. On PMS perhaps? :D

Thanked by 3rgenzon Lee jihchi
  • so eKo, from your name, are you really an Albanian?

• eKoeKo Member

Of course, why would i lie about my nationality?

• eKo said: Yeah, its personal, because, a trusted Provider such Prometeus, cannot do stuff like that.

Just because you don't like what they did does not mean that they are not allowed to do stuff like that. All hosting services have the right to choose whoever they do business with, and they are not obliged to tell you why they do not want your business. Unless of course, you can prove that they they are falling foul of anti-discrimination laws for the jurisdiction they are in. Which obviously isn't the case here.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

They clearly don't want your business, so just move on.

Thanked by 1eKo
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

I think some just can't handle the fact that the world does not revolve around them.

Thanked by 2dragon1993 chorong
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

If one were to hazard a guess, might it be related to this thread in some way?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1708413

• eKoeKo Member

@deank
    I think that you said is a bit much...
    I asked very politely the reason why the service was denied to me. Im not pretending anything, just reporting a not cool behavour from a reputable provider. Thats it. Of course, thats is all my opinion, there can be thousands who are super happy with prometeus, this isnt my case. And of course they can choose who they want to do business with, but not explaining the reasons behind such decisions makes me feel bad, because im a person and not a simple line of code on their database.
    Thanks.

• eKoeKo Member

@Nekki said:

Hello,
    That project has been already fixed, i was looking to do some kind of monitoring system from different locations, and iwstack was a perfect choice, not only for the locations, but also for thier price and reputable name (prometeus).

• They can deny clients, but this could simply be a misunderstanding.

@eKo move on, they might have had bad experience with people from your country.

Thanked by 1eKo
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@eKo said:

@Nekki said:

Hello,
    That project has been already fixed, i was looking to do some kind of monitoring system from different locations, and iwstack was a perfect choice, not only for the locations, but also for thier price and reputable name (prometeus).

Don't get me wrong mate, you don't need to explain to me, I'm just suggesting as to why @Mao fucking hates you and wants to GTFO.

Thanked by 2eKo netomx
This discussion has been closed.