Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prometeus - iwstack accused of fraud without explanation - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Prometeus - iwstack accused of fraud without explanation

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@eKo said:
    @deank
    I think that you said is a bit much...
    I asked very politely the reason why the service was denied to me. Im not pretending anything, just reporting a not cool behavour from a reputable provider. Thats it. Of course, thats is all my opinion, there can be thousands who are super happy with prometeus, this isnt my case. And of course they can choose who they want to do business with, but not explaining the reasons behind such decisions makes me feel bad, because im a person and not a simple line of code on their database.
    Thanks.

While I do understand your point of view, businesses don't generally tell you why they deny you services because telling them why generally irk them and get into a verbal fight later on. Additionally, they can sign up again with different aliases if told why.

Reps will kindly tell you they are denying you the service and that is it in majority of cases.

If you place yourself in their shoes, you can see why. Why cause a possible commotion when you can end it cleanly? You may be a nice person but they don't know that.
    Better be safe than sorry and cutting you off without telling you why is just common sense.

Thanked by 1eKo
  • raza19raza19 Veteran

Albania is not North Korea. From what I know prometeus is a very remarkable bunch. This all seems like a giant misunderstanding unless there is something missing from the pic, @Maounique should know better.

• I called the International Hosting Rights Tribunal and they say that iwstack is going to be forced to host you. Just hold in there and they'll contact you.

Thanked by 3netomx switsys cassa
  • leonaleona Member

There maybe numerous reasons why they passed you by. Did you get your IP or the proxy IP you used, get slammed in the no fly zone as a suspicious activity

• eKoeKo Member
    edited June 2016

@leona
    Hello, i purely used my home ip when i placed the order. No proxies or Vpn where used.

@joemerit
    Thanks for the effort !

@raza19
    Thanks for the comment. I coudnt agree more.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2016

Thanked by 4eKo ehab netomx cassa
  • rds100rds100 Member
    edited June 2016

Wait, what did you put in the country field when you registered? And town?

• eKoeKo Member

@rds100
    Town: my home town

As i said, i've provided full details.

• rds100rds100 Member

@eKo i've seen someone trying to register with country Albania and town Kosovo. Needless to say we don't let such orders through. That's why i asked. If you are from Kosovo, that could be a problem.

• eKoeKo Member

@rds100
    Im albanian from albania :)

• ehabehab Member
    edited June 2016

@eKo said:
    @rds100
    Im albanian from albania :)

you didn't make order from another country

j/k :P hope you find another location/provider.

• Waiting for another party for clarification. Where are you @Maounique ?

• eKoeKo Member

Their reply on the ticket:

"Hello!

As I already told you, we do not allow linking/mirroring illegal torrents, we have to obey the law, it has nothing to do with your location, (only ours, these these are illegal in US/EU) we have many albanian customers as we have indonesian, vietnamese, kenyan, etc.

Thank you!

John"

#

My reply:

"From where on earth did you made the idea i will use your services for illegal purposes? This is the real question!

I didnt asked or stated that i will use the service for linking/torrenting/warez stuff!

This is just so funny, i dont know where you got this idea from me, but is all wrong!

Best wishes for your business, you're not that serious provider i thought you were."

#

So funny...

• HaxHax Member
    edited June 2016

eKo said: So here is my problem. Im trying to do a reverse proxy to a website called extratorrent.cc, just for me and some of my friends in the uk, which have it blocked by their ISP.

eKo said: Hello, That project has been already fixed, i was looking to do some kind of monitoring system from different locations, and iwstack was a perfect choice, not only for the locations, but also for thier price and reputable name (prometeus).

"Hello!

As I already told you, we do not allow linking/mirroring illegal torrents, we have to obey the law, it has nothing to do with your location, (only ours, these these are illegal in US/EU) we have many albanian customers as we have indonesian, vietnamese, kenyan, etc.

Thank you!

John"

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

John is Mao

Thanked by 2cassa TheLinuxBug
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@netomx said:
    John is Mao

OR

Mao is John?

Thanked by 2netomx cassa
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Nekki said:

@netomx said:
    John is Mao

OR

Mao is John?

Nekki is Mao

• Francisco
    Thanked by 2cassa vedran
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

netomx said: Nekki is Mao

Francisco

MIND BLOWN

Thanked by 3netomx ATHK cassa
  • ATHKATHK Member

@Eko I'm assuming you signed up here with the same email address? If not PM me the email address you used with that provider and I can do a few checks for you.

• eKoeKo Member

@ATHK
    Sent you a PM.

@Sixell
    I dont get you, I already answered about that project, which is completed now.

As I replied, I was looking for some little cloud instances to use for a monitoring system.
    Thanks.

• LeeLee Veteran

John Deer who is not a real person because Mao which is not a real name because he wants to stay anonymous working for a provider rejecting customers.

Always makes me smile.

Thanked by 2netomx Kris
  • ATHKATHK Member

Well I couldn't find squat with OPS email he has one thread on Google product forums and that's it. Unless the fraud is tied by name IP or phone number.

I'd just put it down to the provider not wanting you, you should move on I would suggest DO unless they don't haveven the locations you want.

• eKo said: Im totally sure thats because im from a non EU country, and there is some kind of prejudice about it.

I know right? That's literally the only possible conclusion one could reach. There are absolutely no other possibilities.

Tell me where to meet, I'm ready to march.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

It is a good thing when a host is strict. It means they are protecting their existing client base against potential bad neighbors.

It sucks to get rejected, but I don't expect Mao will explain his side, as this will expose confidential information.

Thanked by 1pbgben
  • jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited June 2016

eKo said: Im totally sure thats because im from a non EU country, and there is some kind of prejudice about it.

There are bazillion prometeus customers here in LET who are not from EU and US. Man, I'm from 3rd world country in Asia. We are in the lowest tier of the discrimination hierarchy, but I was received as a customer many years ago. So the prejudice angle is out of the window.

• eKoeKo Member

The latest reply is very funny, I drop it here as I havent more time to argue with Prometeus funny guys:

#

"Thank you.
    Once you did that before, we assume you skip providers to do it again.

Thank you!

John"

#

Im not sure what I did before, in this life or an other, but this still is funny, whatever it is.
    Cheers.

(im closing this super cool ticket on their site as I havent all my life to dedicate to such morons).

• NekkiNekki Veteran

That reply didn't seem very funny to me. I demand a refund.

Thanked by 2eKo netomx
  • eKoeKo Member

@Nekki said:

I got rejected & refunded at the same time, so Im ok.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@eKo said:

@Nekki said:

What about my refund?

• @Nekki said:

@eKo said:

@Nekki said:

What about my refund?

Don't forget my one aswell! I demand a refund for not purchasing a service with them.

Thanked by 2eKo netomx
This discussion has been closed.