Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH - It's back - dedicated server for 12€ a month - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH - It's back - dedicated server for 12€ a month

Comments

• Out-of stock... I guess I was just in time, although it is not yet set up ...

• @wlambrechts said: Out-of stock... I guess I was just in time, although it is not yet set up ...

that's odd !
    I've made an order just before it was out-of stock, and I've stopped at the last step when I got the VAT included in the invoice, I've submitted a ticket to exclude the VAT off,,,waiting their respond,

Now, I'm confuse ^_^ should I pay the invoice or not ?? !!
    I can still see the invoice in my account manager

• earlearl Member

@PandoGulf said: that's odd !

I've made an order just before it was out-of stock, and I've stopped at the last step when I got the VAT included in the invoice

In one or two days OVH will reply asking for documents, when you send the required documents it will take another 1-2 days before they remove VAT from your account but I don't think the invoice that you have now will be updated cause mine never did I ended up making a new order which did not include the VAT..

• @earl said: it will take another 1-2 days before they remove VAT from your account but I don't think the invoice that you have now will be updated.

Well, I think in this case I have to pay the invoice with VAT and then ask for the VAT amount to be refunded.

Let's hope they won't have a problem refunding the VAT.

Thanks earl.

• earlearl Member

@PandoGulf said: Let's hope they won't have a problem refunding the VAT.

Good luck:)

on another note, I just did a net install of centos in KVM without hardware virtualization and it literally took a whole day!! it's just rebooting now from the install!

• Anyone know how long it normally takes for the server to be set up ?

I paid the invoice through PayPal, but it does not show up in the manager, although I did receive an email confirmation stating the payment for my order was received.

Thanks

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2013

@wlambrechts said: I paid the invoice through PayPal, but it does not show up in the manager, although I did receive an email confirmation stating the payment for my order was received.

I paid via Paypal

• 1.5 hours later got: "Your Payment has been received!" (wtf, just now???)
    • about 50 minutes later: server delivered.
      You get a separate E-mail that the server has been set-up (with the IP and root password), so don't expect to find it in the Manager before then.
  • Thanks rm_ ... I hope I will get mine soon. Mail to support unanswered until now.

• Usually between 2-6 hours for Kimsufis. Support takes days to answer (you get what you pay for).

And I want to say huge thanks to @Bob_v2 who posted about the offer here.
    Now it's already out of stock, and if not this thread, I would've missed it!

• rm_: I fully agree with you. Thanks Bob

• goexodusgoexodus Member
    edited March 2013

I sent a email and still waiting for a reply. I have a print of the offer but no screen shot.

Also Waiting email regarding the 1+3 IPs and escalated to manager which from past experience means absolute nothing.

Its funny but i am little pissed about the trickery. Anyone has screen scan of the initial yearly offer at french site ?

Thanks on my part also ... for the find

• earlearl Member

Surprisingly enough OVH.ie support is pretty quick!! I put in a ticket regarding my fail over IP/vMAC and they responded in less than 5 min!!

• @earl said: I put in a ticket regarding my fail over IP/vMAC and they responded in less than 5 min!!

What's the result?

• earlearl Member
    edited March 2013

@wahyan said: What's the result?

I had to wait 10 min for the Fail over IP to be removed from the vMAC.. sure enough 10-15 min later works again in venet!

• wroxwrox Member
    edited March 2013

@earl said: In one or two days OVH will reply asking for documents, when you send the required documents it will take another 1-2 days before they remove VAT from your account but I don't think the invoice that you have now will be updated cause mine never did I ended up making a new order which did not include the VAT..

What kind of documents? They asked me about my IBAN documents - So I provided them with my BIC/IBAN number as a reply since I haven't got such (physical) documents from my bank.

This was the answer I got after asking him if I could do it without:

__

__

The first ticket with them regarding this, with the same person that is, was sent 2nd Feb this year. Any ideas on what to do? Should I contact my bank regarding this.. official document?

• earlearl Member
    edited March 2013

@wrox said: What kind of documents? They asked me about my IBAN documents

Dude I don't even know what an IBAN is, lol! and a BIC in Canada is a brand of pen/lighters

I actually requested they remove the VAT prior to paying for the order, a nice Irish lady named Linda ask for two document, one with photo ID for proof of address so I scanned a copy of my old college ID card and the envelope of my credit card statement and that was it..

the letter you got sounds nasty!! they could not even spell "kind regards" correctly, what the heck is a kings regards?

edited March 2013

@wrox said: They asked me about my IBAN documents - So I provided them with my BIC/IBAN number as a reply since I haven't got such (physical) documents from my bank.

Well I don't know the specifics of this either; but how did you originally get your BIC/IBAN number, did someone just tell it to you over the phone? :D Surely there must be some official document with a stamp and signature, specifying it? Or even just mentioning it as one of your side's details in some financial agreement. Or perhaps you can get one contacting your bank or the organization that manages handing out and keeping track of these numbers.

• earlearl Member

So did you make a payment through wire transfer?

Maybe OVH is requesting the receipt of the wire transfer?

• It has been 12 hrs now after my payment and I haven't receive my dedi-server info... yet !
    also, they didn't agree to refund the VAT, although I've already send them the documents.

• As people have already said multiple times they won't refund the VAT. You must send them the documents before you order, then they will not add VAT at all to your order. But once it's there they are not editing the already issued order/invoice.

edited March 2013

OVH support sucks for sure ...

• @rds100 said: As people have already said multiple times they won't refund the VAT. You must send them the documents before you order, then they will not add VAT at all to your order. But once it's there they are not editing the already issued order/invoice.

I know, but I didn't have a choice they were going out of stock and their support really slow in resolving issues

However, one time VAT would be acceptable, but I'm afraid they will bill me the VAT again in next renewal ?? Or all future payment would be VAT excluded ?

thanks

• earlearl Member

@PandoGulf said: However, one time VAT would be acceptable, but I'm afraid they will bill me the VAT again in next renewal ?? Or all future payment would be VAT excluded ?

Well if they have removed VAT from your account then when you create a new order you can see that the invoice does not include VAT..

• Hi everybody,
    I'm sorry about the ip failover. I'll put a scan of the print i made on monday (I left it at the office).
    I'm an old Ovh client, and till now, I had zero problem with them.
    It seems that someone made an error and nobody want to take the fire.....
    I let you know if ihave any reply on monday.

edited March 2013

Thanks a lot for everything ...

• @Bob_v2 said: I let you know if ihave any reply on monday.

thank you, Bob

• Disappointing ...

Ordered, and paid on Thursday ... nothing happens.
    No response to my questions until I notified the responsible.

I received a reply the offer was a success and there was no guarantee I could get one. If nothing happened I needed to contact back this afternoon to get a refund ...

Uptil now nothing has happened ... Will post my further experience later.

• I did receive the data of the new server ... yes ...

• PandoGulfPandoGulf Veteran
    edited March 2013

@wlambrechts said: If nothing happened I needed to contact back this afternoon to get a refund ..

Well this is my case here nothing has happened since Friday.
    how did you made them to respond to your questions ?

I have submited a ticket in their support system but up until now nothing

thnx