Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Donation Based VPS Organization - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Donation Based VPS Organization

1235»

Comments

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Going well so far. If we get IP capped, then we will have to start charging $1-2 even for the free ones just to pay for the IPs

• @agoldenberg said: My servers have been brute forced for approximately 3 months now from both india and china. Not to mention 80% of spam mail I recieve is either from china or india.

Are you sure about it? I'm asking because attacks and spam from India are quite rare. Or I don't attract them. If you're going by country, the main email spammer is the USA, followed by China. As for the continue brute force attacks, I just aggregated the data from my servers and here we go (current running attacks):
    China 33.6%
    USA 17.3%
    Korea 5.3%
    Germany 3.6%
    Russia 3.5%
    Turkey 2.6%
    UK 2.3%
    Thailand 2.3%
    India 2.3%
    etc

I dunno mine seem to get a lot from India, China and Korea mostly.

I'm watching very closely what each person is doing. They state their intended use of the service when signing up. Anything outside that scope will end in suspension.

• chan32167chan32167 Member
    edited March 2013

paying for IPs would defeat the point of this... i already pay like 1$/month for better specced servers from providers, i know wont dissapear in x months.

And nice initiative, i wish you good luck

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@hostingwizard_net said: Are you sure about it?

Fun times. Most of mine yesterday came from Indonesia.

Best any of us can do is keep tabs on our logs and notice problem areas. One day it's here, another it's there.

@chan32167 then keep your VMS. Nobody is asking you to sign up.

• lol defensive much?

Nope not at all.