Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Donation Based VPS Organization - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Donation Based VPS Organization

Comments

• Do you intend to monetize your site with Ads?

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited March 2013

Who's the dumbass?

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@mpkossen Thanks for contributing.

To everyone else who applied. If I can't verify your address at all, you won't be getting a VPS set up. 3 people applied all of which I can't verify your addresses.

• I just send you my address on your forum

• Wow, really expensive bandwidth, why?

$1 per 50GB is quite expensive.

Because I have a limit of 10TB soft capped on most of my boxes. Past that, it gets pricey

Again people are welcome to join the forum and make suggestions, these are numbers I came up with but if there are reasonable requests, I'm all ears.

Should probably be more like $10 / TB

• rahulksrahulks Member
    edited March 2013

When did users from India tried to brute force your servers ?

Did it happen ?

• dnomdnom Member

It's a bit sad that you don't provide service to Asia since I imagine many of us would actually benefit more from the free offer. But if it removes your headache I certainly understand blocking problematic countries on free offers.

My servers have been brute forced for approximately 3 months now from both india and china. Not to mention 80% of spam mail I recieve is either from china or india.

• @agoldenberg said: @mpkossen Thanks for contributing.

Sorry, I just had to make @BronzeByte call himself a dumbass :)

@mpkossen Fair Enough! As you were sir :)

• So it's a racist NGO. Not cool.

• NexusNexus Member
    edited March 2013

Would be pretty cool if you setup or did something like what joepie did with his small niche site. (A main site explaining exactly what you do/etc). All I see here, is that you simply just uploaded a vanilla forum script and called it a day.

This shows me as the user that you're not taking this serious so why waste my time and use any services? Not to sound harsh, but just saying. I believe you can capture more potential members if you set up a main site explaining what exactly you're doing. (A example is http://dollarforthepoor.com/ ) Or joepie's donation site

@Abdussamad This has nothing to do with race. I own several servers and most spam and bulk email comes from India and China. You can call it racism if you like. I call it controlling spam and brute force attacks.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

China and India are countries, not races :)

@nexus Fair enough. I wanted to get people set up as quickly as possible, and I will eventually build out a community portal that is worthwhile as soon as I get the time.

I wanted people to be able to get set up ASAP, so yes I skipped out on the full fledged web site and opted for a quick forum where people could make requests.

@jarland said: China and India are countries, not races :)

This Exactly.

• NexusNexus Member
    edited March 2013

@agoldenberg said: I wanted people to be able to get set up ASAP, so yes I skipped out on the full fledged web site and opted for a quick forum where people could make requests.

Nice! Well lmk when it's up! This sounds pretty interesting and I wish you the best.

• @mpkossen said:

Yeah, I should probably stop being lazy and double posting because i want to keep my sig

• MiguelQMiguelQ Member
    edited March 2013

@agoldenberg said: My servers have been brute forced for approximately 3 months now from both india and china

We all get brute forced mainly from India and China (and Hetzner, and OVH, and any other cheap host) :S

Exactly which is why I stay away from serving China, India, and most of Asia. Because I see this kind of stuff happen on a daily basis.

Current Loads on My Nodes: http://eastcoastvps.org/news.php

• @agoldenberg so bad you changed the CMS, I had to register again :S

• All registered and VPS provisioned. :)

@DestroyeRCo yeah sorry about that :(

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I say, good luck!
    Not being sarcastic. I truly wish you the best