Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Donation Based VPS Organization - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Donation Based VPS Organization

Comments

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@curtisg spelled my name wrong and being a web developer thanks for contributing absolutely nothing constructive.

<?php if(@curtisg === Douchebag) { echo 'Thanks Douche!';} ?> Funny enough this code always seems to make it through the if statement.... Maybe I should turn it into a while loop.

• @agoldenberg said: Funny enough this code always seems to make it through the if statement.... Maybe I should turn it into a while loop.

Great way to ruin your image.

Although you might start this service with good intentions, I expect you'll be flooded by people that only want to spam/flood/DDoS/etc. Either way good luck with this.

• Free = attract assholes

@random_dude THanks but I'm not worried about ruining my image with a guy who asks me to throw an alert tag in the title of a site thinking I'm an idiot.

Myself and a colleague will be monitoring the servers very closely. The minute I see anything like that, the person is suspended, terminated and banned from any and all services.

• Hey @agoldenberg,

Don't take notice of the certain arseholes on here, I'm sure we both know who I'm referring to ;)

It's an awesome thing you're doing, best of luck to you. If you need a hand with something, even if it's just testing out a linux template, give me a buzz.

@ElliotJ I honestly take it all with a grain of salt. The internet houses some pretty big jerks these days so I don't really pay it any mind.

I appreciate the offer of help!

• NateN34NateN34 Member
    edited March 2013

Was interested in this, until I saw that you have to post your full name on a public forum....not good.

I'd recommend using MyBB and the forms plugin. That way you can make applications that people fill out and submit and it will send it to a private thread, which only you and your staff may view.

http://mybbsource.com/mods.php?act=view&id=99

Free, if you make 2 posts and it is good for a very professional looking application.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@NateN34 said: post your full name on a public forum

Jarland Donnell.

Come at me people :D

• @jarland said: Jarland Donnell.

Hey, I love your first name, but I still wonder how parents would come up with such name. No offense, I just never heard of it before, it sounds like a really cool name, but I didn't expect it to be a first name, rather a nickname.

• @agoldenberg said: Myself and a colleague will be monitoring the servers very closely. The minute I see anything like that, the person is suspended, terminated and banned from any and all services.

That's a very big no-no. Suspension is fine, but termination immediately might not be (user still needs to retrieve files, so unless you provide him with a vzdump), if a blind DDoS hits it's gonna be painful for the EU.

@BronzeByte said: Hey, I love your first name, but I still wonder how parents would come up with such name. No offense, I just never heard of it before, it sounds like a really cool name, but I didn't expect it to be a first name, rather a nickname.

Named after my father, who was supposed to be named Garland, but they spelled it wrong ;)

@nateN34 re-read the first post in the forum about applications.

You can PM it to me on the forum.

@Boltersdriveer If it was running nothing but spam, then there is no reason for us to offer them a dump of their data. We would simply get rid of it all.

• @agoldenberg said: @Boltersdriveer If it was running nothing but spam, then there is no reason for us to offer them a dump of their data. We would simply get rid of it all.

DDoS =/= spam.

• Are you talking about inbound ddos or outbound ddos?

Inbound ddos often isn't the fault of the user. I have had ddos attacks off and on ever since I terminated someone for outbound ddos attacks.

Using our service for outbound ddos is prohibited.

• @dmmcintyre3 said: Are you talking about inbound ddos or outbound ddos?

Inbound ddos often isn't the fault of the user. I have had ddos attacks off and on ever since I terminated someone for outbound ddos attacks.

Yup, talking about inbound attacks. Have known quite a few providers that terminate their user's services because of DDoS related incoming issues (usually those that don't automatically nullroute the user).

To save anyone from sharing personal info, I've created an order form here: http://billing.digitaleh.ca/order.php?o=ECVPSORG

You still have to post a forum thread with your intended use, and resources needed.

Everything is up and running, so sign up for your VPS before they're all gone :)

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

You're still calling it a donation in the pinned post.

Fixed. Now referred to as Contributions.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@agoldenberg said: Fixed. Now referred to as Contributions.

Alright.

I'm not here to trick anyone. 3 people have signed up and received their VPS free of charge this will continue until a new node needs to be brought on. Currently there are 3 Nodes. NY, TO, and NC

Best of luck. With your intentions clarified as you have done here, the ultimate motivation appears unique and interesting. There are better system admins here than myself, but if I can help you with anything let me know.

@jarland I appreciate that and will be in touch!

• I was about to post benchmark or something but my laptop doesn't work properly atm.

• Signed up and got mine. Thanks @agoldenberg! I wish you all the best with this.

No problem sirs!

• @agoldenberg can you approve me on your forum so that I can make a request too?