Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Provider Rips - Our third one in a row. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Provider Rips - Our third one in a row.

Comments

• @KuJoe said: These kinds of threads are exactly why our new design will be based off a free template instead of spending a few hundred dollars on a new theme. :)

Amen. Excellent choice.

• @KUJOE

I realise that, hence I thought the best way for the young lad to learn what he did was wrong was to discover how much time, money and effort goes into creating a website.

Just reading over the thread I laughed when wesley said that he is actually a girl called lesley. What next he is blind?

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@net said: I realise that, hence I thought the best way for the young lad to learn what he did was wrong was to discover how much time, money and effort goes into creating a website.

Oh I see, that's actually a good idea.

• @KuJoe said: These kinds of threads are exactly why our new design will be based off a free template instead of spending a few hundred dollars on a new theme. :)

When I build the old Club Uptime website, I used a mashup of about 10-15 different Themeforest templates combined together that I had purchased over time. Then, I got some stock photos and a badass background and was happy. No one ever knew (or admitted to it, at least) that it was an Envato product, technically speaking.

It's cheaper than hiring a designer and still comes out rather unique.

A ripped theme is actually a positive. It gets you more publicity, and allows those loyal fans to bash the crap out of the site that uses a ripped theme :)
    Honestly though, how many "biggish" sites do you see that are using a ripped theme? Most who use them are just youngins who get maybe 1K people at most per month.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Thanked by 1Ash_Hawkridge
  • It is starting to make sense why almost every provider featured here or who are active around LET have had there sites ripped, i haven't seen any that, for instance, only advertise on WHT etc and not on here.

• @VMPort said: have had there sites ripped

All of those who use templates that others uses such as theme forest, Are site has not been ripped.

• Of course you could just have a crappy site. No one would want to steal that.

Let's be honest. How many of the providers here are attracting clients with their sites? Look at buyvm. They have a very basic site. Look at (I can't believe I'm suggesting this) BURSTNET. They have a crappy site. How about Tim? He has an image of my ex mother in law on his site. And they're still getting clients.

Thanked by 4japon Aldryic Mon5t3r tux
  • JoelJoel Member
    edited December 2011

I'm not sure why the enthusiasm for a race to the bottom of the web design chain.

Personally I actually like a nice looking website. Absolutely function over design, but what all of a sudden having a nice website means you deserve to have it ripped?

@clubuptime said: It's cheaper than hiring a designer and still comes out rather unique.

That's great, but somewhere along the chain there was a designer who designed it in the first place ;) Just that his costs are spread out over many due to the template being re-used. It does not void the fact that to get a good looking site, you need a good design. Whether an individual likes it or not, that does not materialise from nothing. It takes time and effort, and somewhere along the chain that has been invested otherwise the design wouldn't exist.

• Ripping a design is so easy, a complete idiot can do it (just like they can set up Solus + WHMCS and have a VPS company). These companies won't be successful in the end though, so no real reason to get butthurt about it.

• Well looks like everyone is accusing me now

Will go away from LET and LEB

Bye

• KairusKairus Member
    edited December 2011

@xprotocept said: Well looks like everyone is accusing me now

Will go away from LET and LEB

Bye

I wonder why? Learn to use different user names on web sites you don't want being linked to you. Oh, and when you're caught in a lie, it's usually best to just admit it rather than make up terrible excuses.

• @xprotocept said: Will go away from LET and LEB

Travellers should not be stopped. Farewell.

• @Kairus

I really didn't rip those websites, why should i?

Everyone please believe me

• Then why did you claim to be a girl called lesley trans gender issues?

• @net said: Then why did you claim to be a girl called lesley trans gender issues?

I'm not a girl...
    My real name is Lesly and i think that's a girl name right?

• @net said: Then why did you claim to be a girl called lesley trans gender issues?

He actually said he has a girls name, not that hes a girl.

• justinbjustinb Member
    edited December 2011

@drmike said: How about Tim? He has an image of my ex mother in law on his site. And they're still getting clients.

what?

@xprotocept said: Well looks like everyone is accusing me nowWill go away from LET and LEB

bye

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2011

@drmike said: Of course you could just have a crappy site. No one would want to steal that.

Let's be honest. How many of the providers here are attracting clients with their sites? Look at buyvm. They have a very basic site. Look at (I can't believe I'm suggesting this) BURSTNET. They have a crappy site. How about Tim? He has an image of my ex mother in law on his site. And they're still getting clients.

You know what's sad? There's one person in this very thread that actually ripped the BuyVM site. The site is basic because i'm simply not the most amazing designer. My 'most impressive' site i've done would probably be the Frantech one.

Francisco

• Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited December 2011

@gsrdgrdghd said: He actually said he has a girls name, not that hes a girl.

I got it now, period.

For xprotocept, it's:
    name = Lesly
    nickname= xprotocept18

While the ripper has:
    name = Wesly
    nickname= xprotocept

• @Kairus said: I wonder why? Learn to use different user names on web sites you don't want being linked to you. Oh, and when you're caught in a lie, it's usually best to just admit it rather than make up terrible excuses.

Amen to that, if he just confessed and said he thought it wasn't such a big a deal as it turned out to be and made like some charming promise.

But nooo, there had to be somebody out there with almost the exact same real name and nickname who did all this.

• KairusKairus Member
    edited December 2011

@xprotocept said: @Kairus

I really didn't rip those websites, why should i?

Everyone please believe me

@BeyondAllKnowledge said: http://forum.justforfun-gaming.com/user-2719.html

Wait, that profile just linked xProtocept18, wesley140295, and xProtocept all together. Plus, it proves that you are 16 and have a Xfire. It does look a little suspicious but I'm not going to take a side on it yet...

So who is that guy?

• When do u guys stop saying bad stuff about me

I can say that i ripped those site, will u guys stop saying bad things about me

• @xprotocept said: When do u guys stop saying bad stuff about me

I can say that i ripped those site, will u guys stop saying bad things about me

Tha truth will set you free

• @xprotocept said: I can say that i ripped those site, will u guys stop saying bad things about me

I guess you will also have to take down all the rips and apologize to the providers

• LESLES Member
    edited December 2011

@xprotocept said: That guy is 16 there. im 17 going to be 18 in 2 months

Do you not worry just a little bit about aging so fast?

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/12930#Comment_12930

Thanked by 2Jacob Joel
  • @LES
    Haha, Protocept. Get out of here!

• @LES said: Do you not worry just little bit about aging so fast?

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/12930#Comment_12930

LOL. Man this kid is bad at lieing.

• Dear Lesley, Lesly and Wesley, come back when you either learn to lie or start telling the truth. Stop embarrassing yourself any further.

Right now you are just a liar and a thief, lets keep it at that before you dig yourself even further.

This is really becoming ridiculous.