Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DediDirect $20 Dedicated Server - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DediDirect $20 Dedicated Server

124»

Comments

• wwabbitwwabbit Member

Foul said: The immaturity is strong in this thread.

It was getting kind of boring in here after the delimiter ragequit

Thanked by 1Foul
  • HWAYSHWAYS Member
    edited May 2016

I am happy with this server as well. After 4 days only everything is fine.

Too bad some throw into this provider as now i am a Little bit scared and have no idea which is the best option for me.

I have an additional server with another host and probably because of the long long discussions over here I will have to let this provider go.

Too bad that some issues in the past were put again over here.

Sound as a madness but I really have no idea what to do.

@DediDirect

• MattKCMattKC Member

Taking the "golden" issues out of this thread....look where Vee admitted he didn't bother to look at the two other issues (drives not shipped & money paid for shippibg not refunded & the reformatted server they "couldn't find" then the three months comp promised by Vee that were never provided.

He's happy to respond to you when you are sending him money, but have a problem and he could care less to help you or even do what he promised to do. Notice he has grabbed on to the only one of the problems he "looks decent" in and keeps bringing that one up. Then says he doesn't care about the drives/money he stole nor the errant formatted server that had 3 months of comp service promised that he never provided. Neither of those have $$$ money coming to him so he could care less to resolve problems he created dating back up to three years.

He has played the "oh, send me and email and I will check what happened" game for years now with his problems. WHT has a list of threads detailing this repeated scamming and delays by "Vee". The new customers are getting replies thanks to the $$$ now burning a hole in his pocket. Money goes fast though....and he will soon need more....

• @HWAYS - I'm glad you enjoy the service and I understand if you have concerns and want to leave.

@MattKC - It's true, I don't care about a non-paying customer from 4 years ago complaining on a forum. I don't dwell in the past, I only focus on my active customers today. Funny how people like to dig for old things when nothing recent comes up. I'm sure all the recent new customers are happy, maybe we'll see some reviews months down the road. But for now we can drop the 4 years old complaints cause quite frankly I don't care for it.

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited May 2016

@DediDirect said:
    @HWAYS - I'm glad you enjoy the service and I understand if you have concerns and want to leave.

@MattKC - It's true, I don't care about a non-paying customer from 4 years ago complaining on a forum. I don't dwell in the past, I only focus on my active customers today. Funny how people like to dig for old things when nothing recent comes up. I'm sure all the recent new customers are happy, maybe we'll see some reviews months down the road. But for now we can drop the 4 years old complaints cause quite frankly I don't care for it.

While I agree current customers need to take priority I feel if somebody feels they've been scammed by you and you've pocketed $150 plus his hardware and is publicly posting this I'd want to resolve the issue ASAP. It's not good for business. While your offers are fantastic value I wouldn't be able to sign up with a provider who doesn't care about their public appearance. Your replies to @agoldenberg are very hostile and I understand you and others have had a bad experience but you really should look at adjusting your public image accordingly. It's not just one person saying they've had issues either. It's a couple people and that's just on LET...

Business is driven by money but repeat business is usually gained from good customer service. Look at Amazon - they have what I would say is the best customer service, period. That's why I will always check Amazon and usually buy there if its not that big of a price difference as the service I get is better and the customer service is better too.

• DediDirectDediDirect Member
    edited May 2016

I dont see how i was hostile, if anything its the other way around. I simply provided unarguable evidence that goldenberg was at fault, but he is persistent on thinking he is right when everyone agrees with me and continues to slander me. I only see 2 real issues that arrised from years ago. Considering we have hundreds of customer and machines thats not bad, especially if there hasnt been complaints for years. The customer with the drive issue was offered credit already.

• dailydaily Member

@DediDirect said:
    I dont see how i was hostile, if anything its the other way around. I simply provided unarguable evidence that goldenberg was at fault. The customer with the drive issue was offered credit already.

I'm not too familiar with the whole drive situation, but credit was offered? Did they accept? Why would you offer credit? They most likely don't want to be with you any longer, they'd probably rather have their drive back.

Also, you were being hostile. Your language is awful for someone representing a company.

• edanedan Member
    edited June 2016

Just want to update if my E3 is run great so far and got another special dedicated server from him:

Dual L5420
    24GB RAM
    2x1TB HDD
    20TB BW
    5 IPv4
    Location Atlanta
    @ $25/month

Edit:

System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           L5420  @ 2.50GHz
    CPU Cores       : 8
    Frequency       : 2500.000 MHz
    Memory          : 23949 MB
    Swap            :  MB
    Uptime          : 13 min,

OS              : \S
    Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel          : 3.10.0-327.18.2.el7.x86_64
    Hostname        : L5420.xxx

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Location                Provider        Speed
    CDN                     Cachefly        112MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          112MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       78.3MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       24.8MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       26.7MB/s
    Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       57.8MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          11.7MB/s
    Singapore               Softlayer       7.90MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         19.9MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        37.7MB/s

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 97.6 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 96.6 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 97.7 MB/s
    Average I/O     : 97.3 MB/s

• FalzoFalzo Member

Dual L5420 , Location Atlanta , $25/month ? ... deldimditrerct ? ;-) ;-)

• edanedan Member

@Falzo said:

I don't know if they provide those specs for $25/month :)

• FalzoFalzo Member

@edan said:

@Falzo said:

they used too, at least those specs look very familiar and remind me much of their usual lowend offer.

maybe @dedidirect just bought a bigger bunch of c6100 off them? ;-)

• edanedan Member

@Falzo said:

@edan said:

@Falzo said:

they used too, at least those specs look very familiar and remind me much of their usual lowend offer.

maybe @dedidirect just bought a bigger bunch of c6100 off them? ;-)

I'm checking their IPs and its not from them for sure. They use Total Server Solutions (Coloat) for their Atlanta server. Try to scp a bunch of ISO files from my E3 (Chicago) to L5420 (Atlanta) and it have a decent speed, around 70MB/s. Well PM him directly just in case if he still have those server :)

• FalzoFalzo Member

just to make it clear: my comment wasn't intended to judge on quality or performance or anything like that. just looked to damn familiar...

I am happy with my L5420 box from delimiter and if those specs you posted were guaranteed at that pricetag I would be very tempted to try out @dedidirect for sure...

• Hey Falzo if you're looking for free or discounted upgrades feel free to send me a PM

Thanked by 1MDZZ
  • MDZZMDZZ Member

@DediDirect I would like to buy a server, please check PM box :)