Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DediDirect $20 Dedicated Server - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DediDirect $20 Dedicated Server

Comments

• edited May 2016

@DediDirect

For god's sake, in this day and age and no ssl on your pages?
    That is NO ssl, not in the order pages, login, nothing...

Unbelievable.

• We're pretty oldschool and didn't get that done back then. Going to launch a new website and get it up to date with SSL as well. Thanks for reminding me.

Thanked by 1edan
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2016

@globalRegisters said:
    @DediDirect

Unbelievable.

Devil's advocate:

How much truly private information are you submitting on the average WHMCS order form? Unique password, name, address, phone number. The real goods go through a payment gateway at least.

I used to laugh a bit when people complained about ciphers used on my website and I was like "You're literally viewing static content and nothing else."

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • roronarorona Member

So Vee actually does not deny scamming me $150 and two 4TB drives.

• @jarland said:

@globalRegisters said:
    @DediDirect

Unbelievable.

Devil's advocate:

How much truly private information are you submitting on the average WHMCS order form? Unique password, name, address, phone number. The real goods go through a payment gateway at least.

I used to laugh a bit when people complained about ciphers used on my website and I was like "You're literally viewing static content and nothing else."

If a company can't implement basic security, how can they be trusted with what we can't see?

Besides everything else, it gives the impression of a less than professional outfit.

Thanked by 2jar MikePT
  • rorona, can you send me ticket ID or old account e-mail and I will investigate this.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2016

DediDirect said: can you send me ticket ID or old account e-mail and I will investigate this

@dedidirect Those words should be trademarked by you. Or he will take a week or 3 to answer a ticket because he is on vacation and the customer is not important.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

PieNotEvenEaten said: he is on vacation

This reminds me of some nice individuals ;)

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten
  • roronarorona Member

@DediDirect said:
    rorona, can you send me ticket ID or old account e-mail and I will investigate this.

Ticket: 7040 Subject: 2 x HDD Shipping
    Opened By: Assigned To: General - Admin User
    Created: 01/28/2015 08:21:37 am Total Elapsed: 13 weeks 2 days 22 hrs 26 mins
    Package: #490 Plan Name: DQ + Setup
    Priority: Low

You can have the drives, preferably want my money back.

• I'll just leave this here: https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1249545

• never did receive the promised compensation
  • agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@indirect sums up their support nicely.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • edanedan Member

Reading all existing complaints made me curious what will happen to my rented server in the coming months.. but I always think positive, the server will be fine :)

Thanked by 1HWAYS
  • PramPram Member

Actually i interest with this offer, but i will read and read again :)

• Hey guys, thanks for all the orders. Due to the increasing amount of orders we have received due to the LET exposure we will be ending the $20 deal on 05/22 or earlier if we run out of stock. If you have any issues please feel free to contact me via e-mail. I would recommend you stay away if you're very needy on support as we offer non-managed services. Also stay away if you're like agoldenberg who keeps ordering services and asking for refunds because he thinks everything is a trial. Thanks again! :)

DediDirect said: Due to the increasing amount of orders we have received due to the LET exposure we will be ending the $20 deal on 05/22 or earlier if we run out of stock

Just to confirm: no more sub-$20 deals (whatever the specs) from you after that, right?

• The base was Dual L5420, 8gb, 500gb, 20tb, 1gbps port for $20. I would say 75% of the people who ordered on LET requested a free upgrade to 16gb or multiple disks for no additional cost when they requested. We haven't even gotten around to posting in the offers section yet but have received so many orders. I am only allowing this old deal to run for another 1 week as it was brought to this thread from another forum. We may end the deal sooner if supply get depleted. I do have a few more upgrades to hand out, not many though so it won't hurt to ask

@DediDirect said:
    Hey guys, thanks for all the orders. Due to the increasing amount of orders we have received due to the LET exposure we will be ending the $20 deal on 05/22 or earlier if we run out of stock. If you have any issues please feel free to contact me via e-mail. I would recommend you stay away if you're very needy on support as we offer non-managed services. Also stay away if you're like agoldenberg who keeps ordering services and asking for refunds because he thinks everything is a trial. Thanks again! :)

Go ahead and keep poking fun or trying to assault me. At least when you search for my hosting company anywhere you don't see a bunch of people asking where the hell my 24/7 support is. I don't lie to the people who support my business and you do. Period.

I'll sit back with a bag of popcorn and wait for these $20 offers to bite you in the ass. Have a fantastic summer.

@agoldenberg truth is, you've already done those "refund requests" with other providers in the past.

I don't remember the details but you bought a service, they some setup, you changed your mind and told them to choose between refund or chargeback.

So I'm inclined to think that @DediDirect is saying the truth on this, although I agree that those $20 deals are going to end pretty bad.

Thanked by 1netomx

@nyr I make damn sure to talk to the privser before hand and read refund policies.

You are correct that this has happened in the past however I was well within their policies and they simply refused. This is when I play hard ball and chargeback.

Honor your shit and you won't have problems with me.

There are plenty of providers here that can see I am not a chirper. I pay for my service and go about my business but when a provider acts like a sketchy bag of shit bit puts forward that they have 24/7 support and love helping customers then I take issue with them.

• @DediDirect said:
    The customer ordered a Dual Quad L5420 and asked if we can give him a free upgrade to dual disk as he saw some users were getting free upgrades in another thread. I told him I would be able to hook him up with 2 x 1TB. However, after checking I couldn't find an already configureded Dual L5420, I couldn't disappoint my customer after promising so I gave him a free upgrade to the next config machine that met what I promised.
    @DediDirect said:
    The base was Dual L5420, 8gb, 500gb, 20tb, 1gbps port for $20. I would say 75% of the people who ordered on LET requested a free upgrade to 16gb or multiple disks for no additional cost when they requested. We haven't even gotten around to posting in the offers section yet but have received so many orders. I am only allowing this old deal to run for another 1 week as it was brought to this thread from another forum. We may end the deal sooner if supply get depleted. I do have a few more upgrades to hand out, not many though so it won't hurt to ask

I would jump on it for more storage lol......

• DediDirectDediDirect Member
    edited May 2016

agoldenbird, you're obviously always in the wrong. Everyone on WHT clearly sided with me and agreed that you were an idiot. Why dont you read through your own thread yourself? http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1275252 - So it appears I'm not the only host he does this to? Cheap guy, you were refunded once, we're not going to allow you to abuse it within a few weeks. Just read the chat logs you are clearly in the wrong.

• Your word is not credible, it's pretty clear when what you're saying on LET conflicts with what you're saying on WHT lol

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2016

@dedidirect Also your word sucks too! That is pretty clear from what I have read!

• dailydaily Member

The way @DediDirect handles former clients lets me know to never be with them, and I can only recommend the same for others. A great case of good value ruined by awful public relations.

Thanked by 2agoldenberg netomx
  • JunklessJunkless Member
    edited May 2016

@dailymc said:
    A great case of good value ruined by awful public relations.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • dailydaily Member

@Junkless said:

@dailymc said:
    A great case of good value ruined by awful public relations.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Very, but I think I'm done talking about that provider, because friendships get in the way of what is right. ;)

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • @dailymc said:

Very, but I think I'm done talking about that provider, because friendships get in the way of what is right. ;)

Similar situation here. Every interaction I have had with the other M had been friendly and helpful, plus the service is pretty decent for me till now. Hope it stays that way.

Thanked by 1daily

@dedidirect you couldn't even take the time to get my name right. The only reason they said you were right was because I paid an invoice when I shouldn't have. I should have held you to the free trial you offered and took over a month before you even responded to me on Skype, Tickets or Email. So fuck you dude! Your communication is shit and is only any good when you're taking peoples money.

Like i said. Talk shit all you want, but I'm not the only one who knows you are a one man operation who bites off more than he can chew and then blames the customers for expecting some kind of customer service from you.

Forget it man. Your services are poop, your customer service is poop, and I WON the dispute because you couldn't provide any form of evidence to the contrary. I don't care what a bunch of forum people say on WHT or LET. The fact that I got my money back and that I now deal with vendors who know how to talk to people and do business.

You don't. You burn bridges and shit all over customers who just wanted to spend their money with you. Keep treating people like shit. I'll have the last laugh when you have to shut down everyone's services because you finally fuck the wrong person.

• DediDirectDediDirect Member
    edited May 2016

lol goldenbird, are you mad and threatening me because I proved you wrong with your own chat logs? I mean a quick review of what you said on WHT showed you were the one wrong and blaming me. No one is going to offer you multiple trials, move on. Your threats don't phase me. You just have a personal vendetta for your own mistakes as others have pointed out. Also I'm not talking shit, you're the one that started talking shit and I simply prove you wrong with evidence. Nothing wrong with that, no threats from me but from you. I wouldn't be around for 7 years if my services are "poop." I do enjoy you bumping the thread, it's getting me more orders!

edited May 2016

@dedidirect you just keep proving you're a douchebag. I'm glad you're getting more orders from LET because you'll soon learn that the people here won't put up with a bull shit provider. Read what people are already saying. They don't want to do business with you.

The orders you're getting are just going to wind up getting useful IP space blacklisted. Enjoy it while you can.