Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RamNode 128MB plan retirement
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RamNode 128MB plan retirement

CFarenceCFarence Member
edited April 2016 in General

Just saw this come across my feed

We will soon be retiring our 128MB OpenVZ plans (SVZ, CVZ). Global IPv4 exhaustion unfortunately makes it difficult to continue offering these small VPSs at our current price point. The option to order one of these VPSs will be removed from our website soon. This will not impact customers with existing 128MB VPSs, only new orders.

Edit: Format was ok on my phone but desktop I see what @sayem314 means

Thanked by 3Nick_A bersy alfred

Comments

• readable now!

We will soon be retiring our 128MB OpenVZ plans (SVZ, CVZ). Global IPv4 exhaustion unfortunately makes it difficult to continue offering these small VPSs at our current price point. The option to order one of these VPSs will be removed from our website soon. This will not impact customers with existing 128MB VPSs, only new orders.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Probably a good move with the ever increasing value and decreasing supply of IPv4. Not to mention I would bet that these generate a support load greater than other plans, and obviously the least profit.

That said, love my 128MB RamNode box and have no plans to migrate away from it. Been running a full stack on it for way too long.

• WinneWinne Member

Thanked by 1VPSensational
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2016

They should introduce an IPv6-only (& maybe IPv4 NAT) replacement for these.

• Is this @Nick_A's way of making me buy more? Because that's what's going to happen...

• You win this round Ramnode.

• Thanked by 1netomx
  • Hope there will have an easy way to use a existing IPv4 ramnode VPS as proxy, something in control panel, no need to configure.

• @K4Y5, time to get your hoarding on.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@ThracianDog said:
    K4Y5, time to get your hoarding on.

I am actually running a couple of Ping/traceroutes to their Seattle and NYC test IPs :P

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

rm_ said: They should introduce an IPv6-only (& maybe IPv4 NAT) replacement for these.

I like the ipv6-only idea. What say ye @Nick_A ?

Thanked by 2TheKiller CFarence
  • @mikeyur said:
    You win this round Ramnode.

Three VPS information emails, did you get three of them :)?

• Really wanna get more, but don't know how to use these 128MB servers. Already have plenty... debating...

• @CFarence said:
    Three VPS information emails, did you get three of them :)?

Yeah, one for each server I got :)

Thanked by 2GCat Nick_A
  • PandyPandy Member

Just got one, there even was the recurring 10% promo to add to it ;)

now just to wait for "pending" to change :p

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • mujmuj Member
    edited April 2016

I was trying to buy a 128mb from RamNode but it kept saying Fraud so I brought one from BuyVM.

edit: Same with BuyVm they cancelled my order.

• Time to buy 3-4 to stock up for the future.

• blackblack Member

I bought one without using any promo codes. Gotta support ramnode :)

Thanked by 2Nick_A coreflux
  • @TheOnlyDK said:
    Really wanna get more, but don't know how to use these 128MB servers. Already have plenty... debating...

The classic debate... Need... More.... VPS

• @muj said:
    I was trying to buy a 128mb from RamNode but it kept saying Fraud so I brought one from BuyVM.

Seems to be pretty common. I've experienced that with a few providers.

• Good marketing move. Especially if he will open 128MB plan slots once or twice in a year. He's smart guy, I bet he will :)

• @Rockster said:
    Good marketing move. Especially if he will open 128MB plan slots once or twice in a year. He's smart guy, I bet he will :)

Maybe with some of the stock that has churned. The truth is these plans aren't really feasible with IP pricing going the way it is.

• @mikeyur said:
    Maybe with some of the stock that has churned. The truth is these plans aren't really feasible with IP pricing going the way it is.

Where is IP pricing going? I still get IP's for $0.19 each :p

• Couldn't resist:

Product/Service: OpenVZ SSD VPS (SVZ v2) - Seattle - 128MB SVZ

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@zafouhar said:

Is it clean space? Is it going to remain clean space?

For the most part the markets working up to $1.00/month with pricing going up from there pretty quick I imagine. Things are still settling in with many VPS providers leasing space from bigger companies, but there has been at least 2 - 3 of these IP leasing groups that have done retroactive price hikes and they're bound to do more later in the year/next year.

You will find space for cheap but it's going to be:

• A) Blacklisted
    • B) On the DROP list
    • C) Formally known as Jonny Nugget space
    • D) All of the above

You might find some vendors doing the space cheap just to move inventory but once they realize they have a /24 tied up on a $75/month E3 for next to nothing just to move some stock, something is going to change.

Francisco

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited April 2016

@Francisco said:

It's a full subnet 100% clean, no one ever used it and it will definitely remain clean space as long as i'm using it

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@zafouhar said:
    It's a full subnet 100% clean, no one ever used it and it will definitely remain clean space as long as i'm using it

Is it directly allocated to you? Do you lease it or does it come with a dedicated server you're leasing from a DC?

Francisco

• @Francisco said: For the most part the markets working up to $1.00/month with pricing going up from there pretty quick I imagine.

We're forecasting $2-3/mo by end of year/early 2017.

@zafouhar said: Where is IP pricing going? I still get IP's for $0.19 each :p

For now :) Everyone's pulling back and increasing prices because it's a finite resource (it has always been finite but now the well is dried up). Offers will be less IP-happy going forward, a lot less 2+ IPv4 VPS's for pennies.

If your IPs are tied up on cheap boxes (as Francisco gave an example), then that's a problem. Even handing out a /29 limits you to 32 boxes per /24, whereas you can have 8x that if you're handing out /32's.

In this case - Nick is tying up a ton of IPs on $1.25/month VPS's, that could just as easily be used on $5-80/mo VPS's.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited April 2016

@Francisco said:
    Francisco

Its a direct allocation/lease and no dedi is included.

• @Pandy said:
    Just got one, there even was the recurring 10% promo to add to it ;)

now just to wait for "pending" to change :p

Hello, friends. Could you share the coupon with us? I wanna buy a ovz ssd-cached and I use the SSD10 but it doesn't work. Thanks !