Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone ever colo? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone ever colo?

124»

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I also thought about a home server room. I can get 1 gbps speed at home, there will be a problem with IP space tho, but I am sure IPv6 will probably be easy to get and a /24 ipv4 is not that expensive yet.
    I host a lot of friends on various VPSes and this will help me consolidate and have more control over the situation but, sadly, will create a problem with latency as my friends are as far as Australia and Brazil.
    I could also host exit nodes, I am not afraid of raids, all my friends will understand a few days downtime.
    However, the power consumption would be a problem, unless I get a big server, but then price will be a problem :)

• @earl said: Wow!! I guess in this case you get what you pay for :)

Woo Hoo ~

Above.net, AT&T, Cogent, Global Crossing, Level(3), NTT ,Qwest, Savvis, Sprint, Tinet, Telia, Verizon, XO

I think there might be more.

• @Maounique said: there will be a problem with IP space tho, but I am sure IPv6 will probably be easy to get and a /24 ipv4 is not that expensive yet

From my ISP for /28 14 IP Addresses they want $20/m so about $1.43/m per IP not so bad I think..

I seem to have made a mistake on the upload speed thought, the high speed DSL only has 10 Mbps Up and 25 Mbps Down.. I think this was just recently increased from 7 Mbps Up.. but 10 Mbps is enough for me..