Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Start A vpn Business
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Start A vpn Business

HI Respected Users And Admin

I am a newbie and want to start a vpn business which will have openvpn tcp/udp + icmp +dns I need Help regarding this.

If some one knowledgeable enough to tell it will good.

Thankyou

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

What do you want to know?

Thanked by 1fehuyapene
  • Summer is getting closer!

Thanked by 2netomx Mathias
  • i > @netomx said:

What do you want to know?

i know how to install openvpn but dont know radius integration

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@fehuyapene said:
    i > netomx said:
    i know how to install openvpn but dont know radius integration

Google it?

Thanked by 1fehuyapene
  • @netomx said:
    Google it?

I have done but not find any good one , and tried one ones but radius cant connect to server for user management.

• There has been topics about this before, and it doesn't normally end well with things like abuse complaints and FBI!

• @linuxthefish said:
    There has been topics about this before, and it doesn't normally end well with things like abuse complaints and FBI!

I am not here for abuse and fbi sir its just a normal network business topic.

• BochiBochi Member

Did a similar thing for a university project, don't remember it as beeing too hard to achieve.
    Also did a quick Google search and loads of results, even in combination with RADIUS, popped up. So you might first have another try and ask again if there is a more specific question?

• fehuyapene said: I am not here for abuse and fbi sir its just a normal network business topic.

Your client's on the other hand.

Thanked by 1badpatrick
  • @Bochi said:
    Did a similar thing for a university project, don't remember it as beeing too hard to achieve.
    Also did a quick Google search and loads of results, even in combination with RADIUS, popped up. So you might first have another try and ask again if there is a more specific question?

I just need a good tutorial if you can tell me or a quick install script

• Would you open a bakery if your only experience baking was that once you made some slightly burnt cookies from a packet mix?
    Probably not.

Perhaps you can share the guide you have been following, and go into a bit more details about the errors you are having?

It's fairly critical that you understand your product.
    If the risk analysis of your business plan reads along the lines of "If something breaks I won't have a clue how to fix it, but I'll ask the guys on LET!" then it's probably time to take a step back and re-evaluate.

• fehuyapene said: its just a normal network business topic.

You are selling VPN services to the public? If so then you will have both!

• @zaecwxlp said:
    Would you open a bakery if your only experience baking was that once you made some slightly burnt cookies from a packet mix?
    Probably not.

Perhaps you can share the guide you have been following, and go into a bit more details about the errors you are having?

If the risk analysis of your business plan reads along the lines of "If something breaks I won't have a clue how to fix it, but I'll ask the guys on LET!" then it's probably time to take a step back and re-evaluate.

http://safesrv.net/setup-freeradius-plugin-and-openvpn-source/

This one i was following

• @linuxthefish said:
    You are selling VPN services to the public? If so then you will have both!

Yes i wanna sell to users but i cant setup servers . like main radius server and connect other servers with it. so that any user can connect to any vpn server.

• BochiBochi Member
    edited March 2016

@zaecwxlp said:
    Would you open a bakery if your only experience baking was that once you made some slightly burnt cookies from a packet mix?
    Probably not.

This.

@fehuyapene said:
    I just need a good tutorial if you can tell me or a quick install script

As @zaecwxlp said: I'm not sure if this whole business idea is a good thing if you're just blindly following some random tutorial...
    Nevertheless here one of there very first results that look very promising: https://www.roessner-network-solutions.com/favoriten/openvpn-radius-mysqlldap-howto

• @Bochi said:
    Nevertheless here one of there very first results that look very promising: https://www.roessner-network-solutions.com/favoriten/openvpn-radius-mysqlldap-howto

I followed this only and cant connect to radius server .

• if someone can tell me how to do free radius with softether what will be great.

• BochiBochi Member

@fehuyapene said:
    I followed this only and cant connect to radius server .

This is a bit vague.
    Any error messages or more information and your specific setup would be nice, otherwise no one will be able to help.

• @Bochi said:
    Any error messages or more information and your specific setup would be nice, otherwise no one will be able to help.

Yes after the full installation and setup when i tried to connect free radius to host bill radius plugin it wont respond and i check radius server running.

• BochiBochi Member

@fehuyapene said:
    if someone can tell me how to do free radius with softether what will be great.

Again: Use Google!

First two results:

Thanked by 1netomx
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    1. Install a syslog-ng server and create new listener based on the example ( syslog-ng_softether.conf). (cd /root && wget http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/x86_64/e/epel-release-7-5.noarch.rpm && rpm -Uvh /root/epel-release-7-5.noarch.rpm && yum -y install syslog-ng )

2. Install PHP, SQLite and place the PHP files somewhere. ( yum install php php-pdo -y && mkdir /var/radius )

3. Install radius client utility.( yum install freeradius-utils -y)

4. Modify the settings.php according to need. Add the new client to the RADIUS server.

5. Restart syslog-ng server.

6. Modify the SoftEther to send syslog to the syslog-ng server.

7. Disable SELinux (!!!)

8. Profit. For interim RADIUS updates, setup a crontab with interim.php. For archiving old log files, setup a crontab with archive.php, it will gzip every logfile older than 1 day and remove older than 365 days.

Source

Thanked by 2Bochi cassa
  • @AlexanderM said:

@AlexanderM said:

not work with hostb ill.

• Be very careful with selling VPN services to the public. I would recommend against it if you are simply using an install script. There are lots of things that go into running a successful vpn business. If you don't do it right, you will end up in trouble with the police. Even if you do it right, the police might still give you a visit.

• @elflord said:
    Be very careful with selling VPN services to the public. I would recommend against it if you are simply using an install script. There are lots of things that go into running a successful vpn business. If you don't do it right, you will end up in trouble with the police. Even if you do it right, the police might still give you a visit.

Can you guide me with security bro.

• fehuyapene said: Can you guide me with security bro.

Don't sell VPN to anyone you don't personally know and trust!

Thanked by 2elflord fehuyapene
  • @linuxthefish said:

Don't sell VPN to anyone beside yourself when drunk or high, or both. FIXED IT.

• cassacassa Member

@linuxthefish said:

Or just don't sell it. I mean, come on @fehuyapene. If something goes down, are you going to post "how to put server online again"? You have to put some effort in starting a business.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @linuxthefish said:

why othere website ibvpn , hidemyass are doing it.

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep

My idea for you. Make a distributed VPN that allows people in US to sell their connection to people outside US so they can watch Netflix. :D

This discussion has been closed.