Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crazy New Online.net 2016 Offers Released - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crazy New Online.net 2016 Offers Released

Comments

• @trvz said:
    Debian 8 comes with password authentication disabled for root, you need to log in the first time with the other account you've specified.

The SSH connection on port 22 just does not come through, just as if no SSH server is running ....

• @wlambrechts make sure you wait long enough (as stated on your console) after installation is complete, there are post-install processes that needs to complete before ssh comes up (and as many installations are ongoing, this process may be a bit longer than usual)

• xyzxyz Member

I'm assuming the 1TB SATA disk on the XC 2016 is the same as before? What disk is in the SC 2016 SATA? 500GB 7200rpm drive or the old 5400rpm + 8GB flash hybrid?

• @mikmak said:
    wlambrechts make sure you wait long enough (as stated on your console) after installation is complete, there are post-install processes that needs to complete before ssh comes up (and as many installations are ongoing, this process may be a bit longer than usual)

for the Proxmox 4 installation I waited more than the foreseen 1 hour after installation, to no avail ...

• It says now 500 GB HDD so probably something new but not SSHD.

• @wlambrechts yes proxmox 4 has a known issue (fix expected tomorrow), I was talking about the other installations :)

• SpacedustSpacedust Member
    edited March 2016

Rebooting to rescue always shows an error but works well:

Error: Reboot failed

• @abermingham: Proxmox3 ça marche mais vraiment très lent (down: 35 Mb/s, up: 12 Mb/s) ... t

@Spacedust said:
    It says now 500 GB HDD so probably something new but not SSHD.

This is my drive: HTS725050A7E630

Thanked by 1xyz
  • It's normal laptop HDD (SATA3 capable).

• Oh putain! J'ai acheté un Dedibox SC Gen2... il y a 2 semaines...

Est-ce qu'il y a 2.5 Gbit/s au C2350?

• tommytommy Member

LET user coming and thousand of complain show up.

• @abermingham said:
    Bug identifié. C'est corrigé demain sans faute

Arnaud, when is the Start LTS range be updated? I guess it'll get 1Gbit guaranteed bandwidth too?

• wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited March 2016

@abermingham said:
    Bug identifié. C'est corrigé demain sans faute

@abermingham: I cancelled my server because of the installation problem, the time I lost in testing and the slow network, but I'm not allowed a refund (see ticket 386187). Please reconsider: you wanted to keep my happy, well please proceed in a refund then. A discount on future payments on my other servers is OK as well.

Thank you

• Arnaud - can you fix the TTY console so it won't add "n" itself every second ? It's really annoying ;)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited March 2016

Old SC/Kidichire is gonna get replaced, but they dont know how jet.

edit:

"for existing customers, we will stop hardware support this summer but offer will be maintain as long as possible."

• NihimNihim Member

for kidechire they are running out of ram, fans etc, so if it breaks after they do run out, you have to change. Arnaud is not answering what happens if a disk fails.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited March 2016

If anyone is interested in my XC 2015 SSD, let me know, next month I will be upgrading to the XC 2016 SSD. I'd like to outsource the old XC if someone needs it though as it has a proper KVM unlike the new one.

• @Setsura said:
    If anyone is interested in my XC 2015 SSD, let me know, next month I will be upgrading to the XC 2016 SSD. I'd like to outsource the old XC if someone needs it though as it has a proper KVM unlike the new one.

Which drive model you've got inside ?

• @Spacedust said:
    Which drive model you've got inside ?

http://paste.ubuntu.com/15420852/

• info_hashinfo_hash Member
    edited March 2016

Nihim said: so if it breaks after they do run out, you have to change.

You mean move to a more expensive server or they'll replace it with more modern hardware?

Anyway, in datacenter environment, these are not supposed to break too fast..

• @info_hash said:
    You mean move to a more expensive server or they'll replace it with more modern hardware?

Knowing online.net I'd say it's the former

• @Nihim said:
    for kidechire they are running out of ram, fans etc, so if it breaks after they do run out, you have to change. Arnaud is not answering what happens if a disk fails.

They are running out of fans? These things idle at 40 degrees Celsius, I don't think they have fans.

• xyzxyz Member
    edited March 2016

Grabbed the SC SATA. Got a HGST 7200rpm drive as well.

Weirdly, sequential disk writes are significantly slower than the speed of reads - anyone have any idea why? For most disks I've ever had, read/write speeds are roughly the same.

Seq read: 118.8MB/s
    Seq write: 56.7MB/s
    512K rnd read: 34.9MB/s
    512K rnd write: 29.7MB/s
    4K rnd read: 386KB/s
    4K rnd write: 620KB/s
    4K QD32 rnd read: 491KB/s
    4K QD32 rnd write: 659KB/s

Random speeds are also a fair bit slower than the XC 2015 SATA, which is also odd. I would've expected sequential speeds of the 1TB disk to be better (higher density) but random to be roughly similar (both 7200rpm disks). Sequential is largely the same (except for writes), but random is much better on the 1TB drive...

Anyone else notice this as well?

Edit: speeds from XC 2015 SATA:

Seq read: 117.2MB/s
    Seq write: 120.1MB/s
    512K rnd read: 45.5MB/s
    512K rnd write: 56.6MB/s
    4K rnd read: 568KB/s
    4K rnd write: 996KB/s
    4K QD32 rnd read: 1009KB/s
    4K QD32 rnd write: 1056KB/s

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@tr1cky said:
    They are running out of fans? These things idle at 40 degrees Celsius, I don't think they have fans.

And the Cases? Otherwise they would all meltdown.

• Neoon said: And the Cases? Otherwise they would all meltdown.

Running out of fan (be it for cases or cpu) would be kinda fun (or very sad) for a big company like iliad, isn't it?

It's not like if they couldn't adapt something available on the market and/or their stock if they needed to.

• memozmemoz Member
    edited March 2016

@info_hash said:
    Running out of fan (be it for cases or cpu) would be kinda fun (or very sad) for a big company like iliad, isn't it?

>

It's not like if they couldn't adapt something available on the market and/or their stock if they needed to.

I wouldn't be surprised if anything happens considering what I got from the last sale. These low end products have always been and will always be gimmicks.

Thanked by 1info_hash
  • NihimNihim Member
    edited March 2016

@info_hash

from what I understood they will give a notice when the hardware runs out of "support". In which case if your hardware fails they won't (can't) replace it and you have to upgrade.

@tricky

He said Dell doesn't make those fans anymore so I am guessing it is for the cases. I guess they cba to find something else that works or mod it.

My worry is what they will do if a disk fails. Will they replace it with a newer if there are no more 160GB (kidechire wise) or go: "oops it's out of support you have to upgrade"

Thanked by 1info_hash
  • They replaced my disk on kidechire 5 days ago in 30-40 min

• @emtecro said:
    They replaced my disk on kidechire 5 days ago in 30-40 min

Replace with 160GB or 500GB?

• @hawkjohn7 said:

160GB. But they were fast with replacing didnt expect that for 2€ server

Thanked by 2vimalware info_hash