Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crazy New Online.net 2016 Offers Released - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crazy New Online.net 2016 Offers Released

Comments

• info_hashinfo_hash Member
    edited March 2016

Spacedust said: XC is completely fine

Yeah on higher end servers that make sense, I was thinking about the personal range. Could you please do a speedtest on different servers/networks? (Ideally download + upload) to have an idea better than online's local network?

• Do these come with RPN @spacedust?

• SpacedustSpacedust Member
    edited March 2016

The KVM shows just a ponytail and nothing happens ;) The XC 2015 had professional KVM console delivered by SuperMicro.

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2016

Is the 1Gbps guaranteed? Any test/review?

edited March 2016

@vimalware said:
    Do these come with RPN spacedust?

Yes:

RPN-E 1000 - 1Gbps personal private network free

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Why would they do connect them to a SATA2 port, that's just sad

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited March 2016

@Spacedust said:
    RPN-E 1000 - 1Gbps personal private network free

I missed that. I was looking at the c2350 page, assuming they were identical infrastructure.

Edit: for general public: only the 16 euro Avoton comes with RPN (private network interface)

• @Spacedust said:
    The KVM shows just a ponytail and nothing happens ;) The XC 2015 had professional KVM console delivered by SuperMicro.

The new XC 2016 doesn't seem to mention KVM as a feature on their page, is it actually confirmed whether it is intended to have one or not? Because the 2015 does have it as you said. Not having a KVM on the new one would be annoying for me if I want to upgrade.

• It has a TTY where you can see what's happening on the screen. It not even close to the old KVM where you can do almost everything.

• @Spacedust said:
    It has a TTY where you can see what's happening on the screen. It not even close to the old KVM where you can do almost everything.

No ISO or anything?

• Micro black screen - nothing else. This server does not even have BIOS.

• That is interesting, I suppose it is something at least.

• But I cannot even see my CentOS booting. Then comes ponytail and nothing more ;)

Probably I would need to move my old server via rsync in rescue mode and try to boot.

edited March 2016
    SATA controller: Intel Corporation Atom processor C2000 AHCI SATA3 Controller (rev 02)

why SATA2 then ? It could be some BIOS limitation.

• wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited March 2016

Bought a Dedibox SC SATA 2016, not a succes until now.

OS has been installed and I waited another hour, but the server can not be reached by SSH. The KVM works and shows pathetic internet speeds. And it even seems to reboot every x minutes ...

Location Provider Speed
    CDN Cachefly 106MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US Coloat 15.8MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US Softlayer 12.0MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US Softlayer 9.32MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US Softlayer 2.79MB/s
    Washington, DC, US Softlayer 5.72MB/s

Tokyo, Japan Linode 9.61MB/s
    ... dit not wait for the other locations to be tested ...

Thanked by 1info_hash
  • wlambrechts said: pathetic internet speeds

That's interesting to know, as in real use scenario you won't download big test file from online server close to your server :)

• wlambrechts said: OS has been installed and I waited another hour, but the server can not be reached by SSH. The KVM works and shows pathetic internet speeds. And it even seems to reboot every x minutes ...

Hmmmm
    Can you give me your server number, i am going to have a look now. Your problem is very strange for me (we delivered few thousands of theses servers today, and nobody reported this kind of issue ...)
    Arnaud

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • Test files doing 4mbyte/s on a 1gbit residential connection in the Netherlands, I assume your NL lines are still filled up?

• wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited March 2016

@abermingham said:

Arnaud: J'ai créé un ticket (386187) et Julien m'avais demandé d'installer Proxmox 3 au lieu de Proxmox 4: l'installation est en cours. C'est mon premier serveur online avec une telle déception...

Sorry (switching between French - ticketing and English): I created a ticket and Julien asked me to install Proxmox 3 (which is being installed now). It's my first online.net server which such a disappointment...

• @teamacc said:
    Test files doing 4mbyte/s on a 1gbit residential connection in the Netherlands, I assume your NL lines are still filled up?

AMS-2 is at over 90% utilisation right now, probably why.

Check here https://status.online.net/weathermap/

• Its been like that for at least a week now, probably longer.

• wlambrechts said: Arnaud: J'ai créé un ticket (386187) et Julien m'avais demandé d'installer Proxmox 3 au lieu de Proxmox 4: l'installation est en cours. C'est mon premier serveur online avec une telle déception...

>

J'escalade. Merci beaucoup de l'info !! On va tacher de ne pas te décevoir !

• teamacc said: Its been like that for at least a week now, probably longer.

>

Upgrade of AMS in multiple 100G is in progress (http://bit.ly/1R1bYEQ)
    Don't worry :)

Thanked by 1Admiral_Awesome
  • abermingham said: J'escalade. Merci beaucoup de l'info !! On va tacher de ne pas te décevoir !

>

Bug identifié. C'est corrigé demain sans faute

• Arnaud - please work on CentOS 6.x installation image. It's the most important thing now.

• @abermingham said:

Could you explain: is this a bug with Proxmox 4 ?

• Spacedust said: Arnaud - please work on CentOS 6.x installation image. It's the most important thing now.

>
    ok

• Same > @wlambrechts said:

Could you explain: is this a bug with Proxmox 4> @abermingham said:

Same issue with Debain 8 it seems ... no SSH possible ...

• ValdVald Member

this is great

• trvztrvz Member

Debian 8 comes with password authentication disabled for root, you need to log in the first time with the other account you've specified.

Thanked by 1ManofServer