Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oh no! BuyVM down?! - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oh no! BuyVM down?!

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2013

Some rotten luck...
    Murphy worked overtime it seems.

• Why did they let Francisco play with their routers...

• So, when's the move back to SJC?

• oLutionoLution Member
    edited January 2013

There is a power outage in the DC according to Aldryic @ irc

• Since buyvm still has truck in Vegas, why don't they just pack again and go back to SJ?
    they're expert of driving and packing and unpacking by now...

• japonjapon Member
    edited January 2013

How come that US datacentres never have backup-energy, like redundant routes, second supplier, diesel generators and stuff?

• BuyVM power hogs?! Nobody can contain the ponies

• Can someone post the IP for the IRC since the NS are down

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@japon said: How come that US datacentres never have backup-energy, like redundant routes, second supplier, diesel generators and stuff?

Most do, including Fiberhub. I'm sure there was a fault somewhere that caused the outage, but I'm speculating until we hear the official word from Fiberhub.

• Their network is back up, at least to some degree. Now probably waiting for the nodes to boot.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Fiberhub site still down from here.

• @qps are you down too at LV?

• Random power-outages aught to do all them new nodes brilliantly; let's up BBU's are on each of them RAID Controllers.

• Hm my dedicated server in FiberHub is up.

• We lost power in our 1/4 cab at FiberHub today also -- I am not very happy, as we moved from our last colo, due to unstable power. I have a feeling FiberHub wasn't expecting or properly planning for the power they needed to run everything - hopefully that is not the truth.

edited January 2013

@MiguelQ said: are you down too at LV?

Yes, we had a power outage that lasted about 21 minutes from 1:47 to 2:08 PM EST.

• @qps you're out now.

edited January 2013

@LAKid said: you're out now.

Just had another outage that lasted about 16 minutes from 3:21 to 3:37 PM EST.

• @qps It's back up now, it sucks though.

• DvoDvo Veteran

@Francisco LV <> NY down again.

• JTRJTR Member

Still down for me. Node OVZ-07. Is the issue with the node or my VPS?

• @JTR said: Still down for me. Node OVZ-07. Is the issue with the node or my VPS?

VPS probably haven't loaded.

• Alright - KVM08 up & running again :-D
    All that's left for me, is IPv6

• JTRJTR Member

@Ishaq said: VPS probably haven't loaded.

The manage panel rejected my password, and refused to send me a password reset email... Hmm.

• fiberhub poweroutage? @Francisco all those pony servers are too powerful!

• NickkNickk Member
    edited January 2013

@Francisco said: Connecting to the IRC IP will be fucky since the routing entries are all shades of screwed up. Once I'm done the maint on addons01 today I'll migrate IRC back home.

Probably not a top priority, but this is still causing headaches.

Good work with the other stuff!

• Definitely not a good start in the new place. Good luck Fran and the rest of team though, you did a good work with all this given the fact there was only a few of you vs that many servers.

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited January 2013

So fiberhub couldn't take there network, or a misconfiguration with the dos protection, or another matter? As my master is going up and down like a yoyo today.

• Seems to be going up/down, not sure that could be related to power, only seems to be some nodes based on http://www.buyvmstatus.com

• Is everything with BuyVM back to normal in Las Vegas?