Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oh no! BuyVM down?! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oh no! BuyVM down?!

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I'm off to bed for a few hours then until Aldryic & Karen get up.

I've tackled everything I'm able to from my bed.

On another note, netbooks are terrible for sys admin work. I need to get myself something a bit bigger (ultrabook maybe?)

Francisco

• Netbook could be workable, if you get an external keyboard and mouse. Working with the touchpad and the tiny keyboard is a big pain in the a.. :)

@rds100 said: Netbook could be workable, if you get an external keyboard and mouse. Working with the touchpad and the tiny keyboard is a big pain in the a.. :)

The screensize/resolution is what's killing me.

I'm seeing that many ultrabooks are doing 1080x1020 or whatever the resolution is on a 13.3" screen.

Francisco

• Why do you care about the resolution? At least i do most of my work on a 80x25 character text mode screen :) Resolution doesn't matter much there.

@rds100 said: Why do you care about the resolution? At least i do most of my work on a 80x25 character text mode screen :) Resolution doesn't matter much there.

Because it's not uncommon for me to have 10 - 20 windows open at once :)

Granted i'm using stock putty which is likely why i'm having headaches.

I'm running ubuntu on the little HP one I got right now. Works OK, unity is a cow.

MOOOOooooooOooooOoOoOoOoOoooooo

Francisco

• @Francisco, you can't admin from a phone, netbook, etc. At least not properly/reasonably.

I always pack a 17" high res portable and have been known to lug a spare LCD monitor.

Us terminal folks need multiple monitors.

You need some sleep and some proper nutrition. 60 hours run time is pushing into big time health hazard area. Hate to see a dead horse end up in one of my burgers :(

• @Francisco Unity is a bitch, handy at times but when you've got 20 windows, putty, skype, and IRC. Things tend to lag.

• Fran, any luck for us on node19? Nobody seems to be up on this thing at all.

Didn't feel like burdening support with yet another ticket, but figured I'd ask you here.

• BitProcessorBitProcessor Member
    edited January 2013

@francisco

Don't now what node I'm one (KVM), but I'm still not able to boot it through the C/P. Status is offline, I then click BOOT + confirm in the next windows and it says boot request successful, but nothing seems to be happening...

my.frantech.ca -> database error -> so can't log a ticket ;)

(I PM'ed you the IP)

• @BitProcessor did you try the cdrom ISO thing? I.e. if there is any iso mounted in the cdrom, remove it, then try again. If there is no iso - add one, then remove it, then try booting again.

• @rds100 ; trying now... forgot about this comment

Hold on (panel is ultra-slow)

• @Jacob said: @Francisco Unity is a bitch, handy at times but when you've got 20 windows, putty, skype, and IRC. Things tend to lag.

Unity made me go LinuxMint Ubuntu version after all.... sad story.

• first step: nothing mounted - told it to mount debian 32 -> mounted archlinux... ? (weird) - unmounting... boot... confirm... wait... nothing...
    So no... that didn't do the job :(

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran
    edited January 2013

@Francisco said: LAS<>NY connectivity has been addressed :)

cheers Fran can confirm all is working between LV and NY they're talking to each other fine :)

!(http://i.imgur.com/jbmgto3.png)

have a good sleep ! you need it :)

• WintereiseWintereise Member
    edited January 2013

@Wintereise said: Fran, any luck for us on node19? Nobody seems to be up on this thing at all.

Bz sorted me out, all good now. Thanks guys :)

Btw, you might want to remove the nullroute (probably on the whole 205 /20) from the IRC box.

we are heading to fh in a few minutes.

we will address any downed nodes then.

thanks everyone

• @Francisco said: we are heading to fh in a few minutes.

Let the fun begin... again.

• @seikan said: Wow, all my VMs running like horses now! Thanks!

did anyone else get the pun?

• @Francisco MTPutty :)

• @BitProcessor said: first step: nothing mounted - told it to mount debian 32 -> mounted archlinux... ? (weird) - unmounting... boot... confirm... wait... nothing...

So no... that didn't do the job :(

Same issue here on my KVM storage instance. I'm no IRC user so, I'm waiting until the support site is available (database connection errors, apparently).

• May FH be our home for a very long time

• BK_BK_ Member

All my stuff is up :)

• I can log into my VPS now, but there's still connectivity issues (no DNS, can't access anything).

# ping -c5 8.8.8.8
    PING 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8) 56(84) bytes of data.

--- 8.8.8.8 ping statistics ---
    5 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 3999ms

• @SonicVPS What's up with your site?

• i can't ping ipv6 :(

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited January 2013

@Francisco said: Rob has said he's been working overttime to get us a V6 BGP session ASAP.

-

@kluncrit said: i can't ping ipv6 :(

They're aware

• I was able to get my storage VPS up and running again so, I am good,now. Solus still doesn't register it as up and running but, I can live with that while things are getting sorted out.

• Is it just me or has everything BuyVM owned at LV just dropped from the face of earth again? :x

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

I think all of Fiberhub is down.

• @Wintereise said: Is it just me or has everything BuyVM owned at LV just dropped from the face of earth again? :x