Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EvoBurst/VirtWire Global Review - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EvoBurst/VirtWire Global Review

Comments

• I will just be adding this one reply.

Thank you @TheOnlyDK and everyone else that has participated in this thread. (Including you @VPSAddict)

But, I have done nothing wrong by closing tickets, as you had already prewarned in a previous ticket of yours. (+ on purchase)

Thursday 24th December 2015 at 22:13
    (Note: the ticket this is from got 1-2 minute replies, but you didn't mention this, and on christmas eve!, well actually christmas day for me)

Hi @VPSAddict,

We would like to bring your attention to the fact that this service has NO ticket support available to it, as you have opted for a NAT VPS plan, ALL support is to be directed to http://forum.lowendspirit.com where you should provide as much information as possible to get the issue you are having sorted. 

If you continue to have issues, this is where the forum comes in handy, as NO support for NAT VPS servers will be given via Ticket (Unless, you have been directed to a ticket, from the forum PRIOR to opening a ticket) Otherwise a Support charge may/will be charged to you, failure to pay this invoice within 24 hours, will result in suspension and/or termination of service.

I will also take this time to remind you that this is a no-profit service, with no SLA (Service Level Agreement) applicable to it. Everything is classed as "Best Effort", Misuse of the service can and will lead to suspension/termination of services. 

------
    THIS IS A PREDEFINED REPLY - THIS TICKET IS CLOSED.
    ------

Best Regards & Happy NAT-ting. 

VirtWire Global Ltd Staff.

(Note, you opened it right back up, and asked for Software Support after this.) 

So, just because you haven't listened doesn't mean that I should be penalised for this. As you can see, You had been told multiple times.

Anyway, that is all from me, just got a sms from my phone provider I've used 180% of my included data, it's going to be a wonderful bill this month!

Note: Nowhere have I advertised the france node as been DDoS protected, even in a pre-sale sense I would not, as I personally do not see it as DDoS protected, utilizing best effort protection from OVH is not "protected" and as such due to it affecting other customers on the node, while waiting for their best effort to occur (sometimes never happens) everyone on the node is affected. Thus it is dealt with like any non-ddos protected service.

Regards,

Ryan B.

• @AutoSnipe said:
    I will just be adding this one reply.

Thank you TheOnlyDK and everyone else that has participated in this thread. (Including you VPSAddict)

But, I have done nothing wrong by closing tickets, as you had already prewarned in a previous ticket of yours. (+ on purchase)

> Thursday 24th December 2015 at 22:13
    > (Note: the ticket this is from got 1-2 minute replies, but you didn't mention this, and on christmas eve!, well actually christmas day for me)
    > 
    > Hi VPSAddict,
    > 
    > We would like to bring your attention to the fact that this service has NO ticket support available to it, as you have opted for a NAT VPS plan, ALL support is to be directed to http://forum.lowendspirit.com where you should provide as much information as possible to get the issue you are having sorted. 
    > 
    > If you continue to have issues, this is where the forum comes in handy, as NO support for NAT VPS servers will be given via Ticket (Unless, you have been directed to a ticket, from the forum PRIOR to opening a ticket) Otherwise a Support charge may/will be charged to you, failure to pay this invoice within 24 hours, will result in suspension and/or termination of service.
    > 
    > I will also take this time to remind you that this is a no-profit service, with no SLA (Service Level Agreement) applicable to it. Everything is classed as "Best Effort", Misuse of the service can and will lead to suspension/termination of services. 
    > 
    > ------
    > THIS IS A PREDEFINED REPLY - THIS TICKET IS CLOSED.
    > ------
    > 
    > Best Regards & Happy NAT-ting. 
    > 
    > VirtWire Global Ltd Staff.
    > 
    > 
    > (Note, you opened it right back up, and asked for Software Support after this.) 
    > 

So, just because you haven't listened doesn't mean that I should be penalised for this. As you can see, You had been told multiple times.

Anyway, that is all from me, just got a sms from my phone provider I've used 180% of my included data, it's going to be a wonderful bill this month!

Note: Nowhere have I advertised the france node as been DDoS protected, even in a pre-sale sense I would not, as I personally do not see it as DDoS protected, utilizing best effort protection from OVH is not "protected" and as such due to it affecting other customers on the node, while waiting for their best effort to occur (sometimes never happens) everyone on the node is affected. Thus it is dealt with like any non-ddos protected service.

Regards,

Ryan B.

I will admit, you do offer a good service, Ryan. After the CPU upgrade I was quite happy, and my server was solid. However, I cannot trust you anymore... Sorry.

• @VPSAddict said:
    I will admit, you do offer a good service, Ryan. After the CPU upgrade I was quite happy, and my server was solid. However, I cannot trust you anymore... Sorry.

Why can't you trust Ryan anymore? (Do you agree that you didn't read the conditions of sale carefully enough?)

Thanked by 2AutoSnipe gestiondbi
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2016

VPSAddict said: However, I cannot trust you anymore... Sorry

That doesn't seem like an appropriate reaction to how your review should read. Let me write it for you:

I ignored the very clearly stated terms of a very unique and specific service, was reminded of those terms, then continued to ignore the terms which ultimately led to my frustration over a service that I do not understand how to use properly. I then decided to write a bad review because I have unreasonable expectations that exceed clearly outlined boundaries.

• Good god.

• @jarland time for a title and cat change before the evil Google catches this?

@TheOnlyDK said:
    jarland time for a title and cat change before the evil Google catches this?

I dunno, I'm leaning toward not for two reasons.

1. Bad reviews here generate sales, they're actually a good thing. Theories as to why are welcome.
    2. The only people who would read this and not buy based on it are exactly the kind they don't want to deal with.
  • @VPSAddict

pretty sure @AutoSnipe is not that sad you leave ;)

• Already got a new server with a trusted provider, am no longer worried about "EvoBurst" or "VirtWire". :)

• You mean a provider whose terms and rules you actually read?

Thanked by 1gestiondbi

@Wolf said:
    You mean a provider whose terms and rules you actually read?

That or just another one to open a thread about later ;)

• @VPSAddict, time to sober up and stop buying LE* Boxes.

• @0xdragon said:
    VPSAddict, time to sober up and stop buying LE* Boxes.

Yes, I suppose you are right... Most of these "DDoS protected" providers are just reselling OVH and use names like "our datacenters..." "inhouse protection..." :)

• @Wolf said:
    You mean a provider whose terms and rules you actually read?

Heck, it's SeFlow. He even wrote a "review" for it.

• @TheOnlyDK

You mean the "I've been customer for 30min, everything is perfect and you should join"?
    That completely unbiased, honest and serious review?
    Guess it took him longer to type the review than he had the service...

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • Whoops, gotta cancel my Evoburst 64MB box, @AutoSnipe got any dedicated IPV4 offers?

• I would like to say that I have apologized to @AutoSnipe and I have no hard feelings anymore. I hope for him to respond to my ticket containing my apology and concerns.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited January 2016

@VPSAddict said:
    I would like to say that I have apologized to AutoSnipe and I have no hard feelings anymore. I hope for him to respond to my ticket containing my apology and concerns.

• @FlamesRunner said:
    Whoops, gotta cancel my Evoburst 64MB box, AutoSnipe got any dedicated IPV4 offers?

Maybe one of these plans? I think they are really good cost value wise, and this is the EvoBurst line (instead of those nanovz budgetvz lines, aka more stable).

https://my.virtwire.com/cart.php?gid=45

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2016

...... Dear me, I just want to add that literally 99.9 out of 100 times reverse proxy issues are down to the user, not even starting the httpd, messing up the default site, not opening port 80 themselves, not even setting up an A record, not waiting for propagation or even (I know) assuming they can use any domain name they want like it is included in the price.

Edit: I also cannot see any unanswered lowendspirit forum support requests for haproxy issues on nanovz?

@VPSAddict provide a forum link please.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    ...... Dear me, I just want to add that literally 99.9 out of 100 times reverse proxy issues are down to the user, not even starting the httpd, messing up the default site, not opening port 80 themselves, not even setting up an A record, not waiting for propagation or even (I know) assuming they can use any domain name they want like it is included in the price.

Edit: I also cannot see any unanswered lowendspirit forum support requests for haproxy issues on nanovz?

VPSAddict provide a forum link please.

i have asked his username above but lets see

• @VPSAddict said:

Very unhappy with VirtWire Global, mainly with their support. I do understand this is a $3.50 NAT VPS but the issues I were having were not my fault.

You have NO RIGHT to complain! That is what I was told by that awful guy.
    Nice concept, terrible execution!

Thanked by 2VPSAddict sandro
  • @AnthonySmith said:

VPSAddict provide a forum link please.

See this is why I'd rather use Cloudflares IPv6/4 translation, I can add as many domains as I wish, I can use their caching, I don't have to bother Anthony.. Simple.

Thanked by 2jvnadr netomx
  • @Termiet said:
    Nice concept, terrible execution!

It is indeed a nice concept, they do offer great pricing for their NAT servers... However, they simply offer NO support. So you are unsure if your VPS will have ANY uptime, if you wish to add a website to your VPS you MIGHT be able to do that and when you ask a question in their forums, it's rather empty and lonely. Simply put, use this if you know what you are doing. Don't do what I did and jump into a great deal not knowing how to set up software on a NAT VPS. I disagree with the fact that they don't offer any support with their NAT VPS line. It is THEIR duty to make sure (at the very least) the services and features they provide (including the reverse proxy NEEDED to host websites...) are available all the time and if there is any case that they aren't, they need to get them up as fast as possible and deal with the consequences of receiving complaints/tickets as it was their fault. I do not believe Ryan is a bad guy, however I feel their company is a one man gang and therefore this is why they offer very horrible support. I do agree with you though, @Termiet they need to make their product more user friendly and offer some help with their services to grab customers attention. If they did that, they'd have more customers as their pricing is attractive. Until then, I haven't decided if I will go with DollarVZ or just go back to using my OVH VPS.

• @i83 said:
    If you are still having issues with the reverse proxy you can always use Cloudflare as a 4>6.

VPSAddict, It would get your sites back online pretty quick whilst its resolved or whilst you consider other options.

See, this is why I-83 is a top choice for their NAT VPS line. I completely love the fact that they try to offer solutions for others' customers while @AutoSnipe wouldn't even bother to offer support for his own product. Ryan, simply put, didn't have his reverse proxy script accessible and thus I was having trouble setting my sites up. It is a major communication error and shouldn't have happened. Nonetheless, I think I might go with @i83 as they have always provided a top notch service.

Thanked by 1i83
    edited January 2016

ATHK said: I don't have to bother Anthony.. Simple.

No one bothers me now, its integrated in to solusvm :)

@VPSAddict You are free to disagree with the 0 support policy for end user issues while paying the equivalent of 0.25cents p/month, some people value time, especially in business, but you made the choice to buy knowing that in advance anyway.

In my eyes you lose the right to complain at that point, all LES hosts will absolutely offer support for infrastructure based issues, we even have an active forum for this, your issue clearly was not infrastructure related.

As far as I can see you have not actually used the forum and gone straight to opening a support ticket, why?

• VPSAddictVPSAddict Member
    edited January 2016

@AnthonySmith said:
    As far as I can see you have not actually used the forum and gone straight to opening a support ticket, why?

I have used the forum, with no response. As can be seen here http://forum.lowendspirit.com/viewtopic.php?id=2120&p=1 from user Kyle1836 I have made 4 questions and none of them was responded to from @AutoSnipe. Three questions I asked have not been answered. Once again... good service, bad support.

• @VPSAddict

Cloudflare can't find the URL you posted..

edited January 2016

Actually you were answered within 4 minutes (for your technical issue) giving you the link you need, which contains the right info for your reverse proxy setup, and what you actually did was tag some sales related questions into a node migration announcement, not to supprised they were missed, you did not make a specific support request or provide any meaningful information.

Asside from that in the actual support forum I can only see 2 topics created by you http://forum.lowendspirit.com/viewtopic.php?id=2067 and http://forum.lowendspirit.com/viewtopic.php?id=2001 both of which got an answer within a few hours.

I pretty much give up at this point, some peoples expectations vs reality will never match up.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

VPSAddict said: I have made 4 questions and none of them was responded to from @AutoSnipe. Three questions I asked have not been answered.

You understand the concept of forum right?

Sounds great, Ryan! I am just wondering, will the France location be available for purchase after this?

You ask a sale question during a migration in a migration thread. Maybe Ryan was too busy to answer you.... Also, wrong place to ask this kind of question. There is a category for this in the forum.

You buy a unmanaged VPS, which Ryan take care of the node itself. All the rest (software, reverse proxy, etc.) are addons he managed when he get the time. If you want a Premium NAT VPS with 24x7 support and 100% SLA uptime, LowEndSpirit is not the right product for you.

Have you read the LowEndSpirit website for the goal of those VPS?

On this, I personally think Ryan make a good job for this products. With the number of users he get and the effort he put to improve his network and nodes, I think nobody should complaint for a $3/y.

Regards, David