Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Purchased from VirMach and didn't read the ToS - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Purchased from VirMach and didn't read the ToS

Comments

• @jane98211 said:
    I just quoted Indian. What is wrong with that. I am also Indian!

You do not talk about someone's race when you are talking about someone's service - a person's race doesn't have a direct relationship with a person's quality of products and service.

Thanked by 2KamA mpkossen
  • @theroyalstudent said:
    You do not talk about someone's race when you are talking about someone's service - a person's race doesn't have a direct relationship with a person's quality of products and service.

if I am Indian, I can talk and say Indian like I cannot say N word but a black person can say N word

• @theroyalstudent said:

I'm already enjoying this thread but I need to point out you're a bit of a hypocrite when you yourself said.

typical China racist little shit

Thanked by 2exception0x876 Brad
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2016

Sorry, on mobile, so did anyone politely flagged this mess already : > ?

@Jarland Flagging on mobile would be a very nice feature while I commute ;-). Doable with Vanilla?

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@Jarland please sort this out. Thanks :)

• edited January 2016

@Umcookies said:

typical China racist little shit

No, I see China peeps not being very nice to providers here sometimes - and I feel that they have something against them... which could be their race.

I'm speak Chinese anyway, not trying to be a hypocrite here. Hope that cleared some stuff up?

• @Clouvider said:
    Sorry, on mobile, so did anyone politely flagged this mess already : > ?

Jarland Flagging on mobile would be a very nice feature while I commute ;-). Doable with Vanilla?

"Request Desktop Website"? :)

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

I've had services with Virmach for 3 months now with not even so much as a hiccup. They definitely didn't hack you. Maybe someone got sick of your "Traffic Exchange" and took it into their own hands.

Stop doing illegal shit and read the TOS. If TOS says no, then don't fucking do it..... It's not rocket science. Don't come here and bitch because you screwed up.

• @theroyalstudent

I have no interest derailing this thread anymore than it already is with a discussion like this, if you wish we can continue in PM's.

• They must have sold your details to the chinese government, no wonder your gmail was hacked! You need to get a new bank account and passport, just in case..

• you need to use qq email, gmail not safe bro

• @cociu said:
    Fuck you off lier , you post in the other thread "They suspended my account I am unable to access the control panel. I can show you the emails I received." so finnaly you have acces to your email ? I hope you will be banned here !!!

Your behavior is disgusting for a provider, I'll be sure never to purchase services from you now.

• PeroniPeroni Member
    edited January 2016

-replied to wrong comment-

• It's not raycist to point out the origin of somebody. Are you out of your mind?

@Peroni said:
    Who cares if they're Indians, are you racist?

Thanked by 1Grom
  • @k0nsl said:
    It's not raycist to point out the origin of somebody. Are you out of your mind?

Who cares if they're Indians, are you racist?

Well, to be honest: k0nsl has those tendencies. It ridiculous to deny it.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • This time it wasn't I who pointed out that they're Indians. Somebody else did. So this @Pepperoni guy comes along and says it's a racist move to point out such a thing. Well, it's not, really.

@Amitz said:
    Well, to be honest: k0nsl has those tendencies. It ridiculous to deny it.

Thanked by 2Amitz inthecloudblog
  • isn't let turning more or less into racical discrimination ?

I saw same on my thread.

God bless us all.

• alexnjhalexnjh Member
    edited January 2016

-No proof of Virmach hack your VPS.

-Almost annihilate the cpu by going near 60% usage 24/7 on a $2 VPS

-Email and TE bots is two different thing yet for some reason vps access means email get hack.

Good Luck.

• @jane98211 said:
    THIS. They cannot invade VPS and check info. They can only monitor CPU usage and ban accordinly. My anger is not that they banned me for TE. My anger is that they hacked into my VPS and changed password for all accounts their with same password related to TE and emails

Invade? Your so called VPSes are just folders on his server. He doesn't need to invade. Just a quick peek on your folder names will suffice.

There are many ways to get hacked. Did you secure 100/100 of your VPS'es? Did they have different passwords? Was any of them same with your Gmail password? Or was it a password you used before? Actually hacking Gmail accounts is easy, just needs some calculated guess in most cases. What I am trying to say is the host might not be the culprit. If your hundred VPSes were hacked, which is not hard thanks to bots, Chinese and Russians lurking at the dark places of Internet, someone else might be the person you should reflect your anger to.

You clearly had to read TOS and if you willingly agreed on that TOS you were meant to lose your VPS.

Also since you don't provide any proof such as payment bills, actual mails and you keep swearing, you have the perfect profile of an Internet lowlife

• OP makes claim of provider hacking his/her gmail.

OP should:

1) Post proof of ownership of this gmail account (verification email to secondary account from gmail signup?).

2) Post proof of said 'hacking'. (suggestions welcome from all on ideas)

and now that I see OP joined a few hours ago, I suddenly don't really care so much.

• Threads merged. Duplicates are not necessary.

Will look into the legitimacy of this thread now.

• This stupid bullshit calling people from India "Indians" and China "Chinese" is racism need to stop.

What do you want to be called then? Hindustanis? Easterners? So what are we going to be then? Countryists and Directonists?

I don't remember calling English people "English" anyone get offended. Or calling Scottish people "Scottish, Scotts" and Welsh "Welsh" cause any offense.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2016

I expected a thread like this after attempting to communicate with you to rectify the matter.

• We initially suspended approximately 10 of the customer's services with extremely high CPU/IO load, as a warning and to see what was up
    • Customer claimed to first be "testing," and then running XAMPP, and then faulty extension - was not cooperative
    • Services were checked to be running "Firefox," so customer's initial explanations did not make sense
    • Per our terms, since customer was not providing truthful details, we accessed the VPS (we're allowed on privacy policy in cases of suspected abuse) and customer was running traffic exchange

Portion of privacy policy allowing access:

VirMach will not attempt to access any of Customer’s services without written consent (which includes providing your service password to VirMach) either, unless there is possible abnormal activity occurring. This includes high CPU usage, receiving any complaints, or other indications of abuse as described in this Agreement.

Since customer changed his story multiple times with us, I'm not surprised with the being hacked claim at the end.

Here are relevant portions of our terms:

Customer agrees not to provide Customer Content, and VirMach will not intentionally provide to Customers any content, that:
    (h) traffic exchange / relay websites or services, including autosurf sites, TOR nodes, open public proxies, and topsites list;
    (j) high CPU/Bandwidth Usage, or in any other way disrupting the performance of other customers; or

We were willing to work with the customer to reduce his usage to a tolerable level, if he had not lied to us and also ran traffic exchange on a mass scale. I also want to remind the customer the following warning posted directly on the offer he wanted to purchase - at the very top of the offer.

VirMach said: To keep prices low, we have a strict zero tolerance policy on abuse and do not provide refunds or second chances after abuse, for this offer. Please do not order without first taking a look at our ToS.

In any case, we gave some lenience to the customer and he did not cooperate in any way and continued running traffic exchange after the initial warnings. We even outline that all services may be suspended/terminated and customer account closed after multiple offenses.

And in case we're going to go with the "got hacked" argument:

Customer is responsible for their Service(s), so please ensure that you secure your passwords and server correctly to avoid any overages. 

This is mostly aimed toward bandwidth overages since customers always get confused if they get hacked and run out of bandwidth, but it does apply in any case since the customer is responsible for their VPS. We do give some lenience if there's actual proof the customer was hacked, but in this case it's a completely baseless claim.

I'm sorry, but especially at discount/special offer/bulk pricing, we have no time to deal with your mass abuse. You have already caused enough problems.

jane98211 said: I asked them beforehand and they said 65% constant usage is acceptable.

I'm not sure where you got that exact number. I just spent 10 minutes going through all of our messages with you. We don't give out specific abuse numbers, but we do give "general use" numbers to some people who ask very specific questions in specific situations - I do not see you asking about this in this instance. Either way, you were definitely above 65% usage on the 10 or so services I initially suspended, over a long duration of time. This also isn't just a CPU issue - it was also an I/O problem, which also does add to your load. Your load average was over 2x the acceptable burst level on your initial services suspended. On these 10 services, you were using approximately 22-24 combined load and stressing out the server to the point where action had to be immediately taken.

The only thing you did mention, by the way, before receiving the bulk quote, was that it's to test out some projects for your clients.

jane98211 said: There is no business they are doing, there are 2 people named Syed A. and Amir G. which tranfer support ticket to each other marking it as Tier 2,tier 3, urgent etc. and they both are a single person.

This is the nicest false assumption you've made. I wish I could handle everything alone. Maybe when I first started the company - but we now have a team of four people and Syed is extremely helpful. He's the one that dedicated a lot of time on a busy day to verify you were running traffic exchange and keep the nodes smooth for our other customers.

To wrap this up I would like to publish the communication with the customer as well as the evidence Syed A. tagged onto the customer's account.

I hope this is sufficient information for everyone to clarify the situation.

(edit) Some people have shown concern about our ability to access a VPS after customer breaks abuse policy. We have changed this policy and now give the customer the choice of allowing access if it's necessary, if they want to be given more information, an explanation, or for unsuspension. The customer in this case would have still been suspended for abuse, even if there was no proof of traffic exchange after accessing the VPS.

We do apologize if you did not agree with this previous portion of our privacy policy.

• Well done for publicly disclosing his IP.

Can you at least tell us how you accessed their virtual servers? are we talking about ovz nodes?

I can't image how you'd access KVM servers, unless the customer doesn't change the default password you email them after install or you reset his root password and use that to enter.

I won't buy from you in any case.

VirMach said: I hope this is sufficient information for everyone to clarify the situation.

• Pope is catholic, Bear sh*ts in woods.

Move on, nothing to see here.

Thread title probably deserves an edit after OP posts closing 'arguments'.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Ok now I feel I need to post this:

Fucking Mexicans! Fucking beaners, wetbacks! America's ass-kisser!

Hahahaha

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Clouvider said:
    Really?

Glad I'm not the only one that caught that. When you're so much into this idea that "nothing is ever my fault" that even the Internet itself is to blame for you clicking submit twice,., I think we've established a vital personality detail.

This thread is hilarious. For all I know the provider is terrible and hacked their email account exactly as proposed, I can't "know" otherwise, but I can sure have an opinion ;)

• 90 VPS gone, buy another 90 tacos