Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

need windows vps, cheapest price possible
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

need windows vps, cheapest price possible

hey guys i need few windows vps's, plz show me few good deals, , thanks

Comments

• What specs and how many?

• Most windows vps's go from $8 per GB with a LET provider but I would assume it would depend if you have your own license or not.

• i dont have license, i dont care about specs i only need it for browsing, if i can connect and start chrome firefox etc and browse thats all i need, i want to buy few of them , defend on the price

• @wardo said:
    i dont have license, i dont care about specs i only need it for browsing, if i can connect and start chrome firefox etc and browse thats all i need, i want to buy few of them , defend on the price

I can do 768MB with 15GB ram and 1TB bandwidth. Depending on how many you want depends on the price.

• i already found a provider 5$ a month so im looking for a cheaper one if that is possible

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    I can do 768MB with 15GB ram and 1TB bandwidth. Depending on how many you want depends on the price.

give me ur price for 10 vps

• 10VMs I could do that for say $3 per VM. If you were to order 30 I could do $2.5

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    10VMs I could do that for say $3 per VM. If you were to order 30 I could do $2.5

great, what is the location, all of them from 1 place or?

• @wardo said:
    great, what is the location, all of them from 1 place or?

Currently they would be in Dallas. However if you were to buy 30 I could arrange a location of your choice in the US

• @wardo if price is what your worried about go with linux ubuntu desktop with firefox, 1GB linux is a bit cheaper than 1GB windows. You would use about 70/80MB for OS and 500MB or so for firefox/light desktop. That would be a good option unless your not good with linux at all.

Thanked by 1alaningus
  • @Nic_20TBSSD said:
    wardo if price is what your worried about go with linux ubuntu desktop with firefox, 1GB linux is a bit cheaper than 1GB windows. You would use about 70/80MB for OS and 500MB or so for firefox/light desktop. That would be a good option unless your not good with linux at all.

ya sadly i have never used linux or ubuntu at all :(

Thanked by 1Nic_20TBSSD
  • TinyTunnel_Tom said: Currently they would be in Dallas. However if you were to buy 30 I could arrange a location of your choice in the US

>

so if i buy 10 i get all from one place? that is a bit of a concern, anyway do u have a website how can i order

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited December 2015

@wardo said:
    ya sadly i have never used linux or ubuntu at all :(

Install a vnc server and configure... there's guides for it... a quick Google will give you all you need. Firefox is as simple as apt-get install firefox

Connect via vnc.

Edit: auto correct.

• @wardo said:
    so if i buy 10 i get all from one place? that is a bit of a concern, anyway do u have a website how can i order

You get all 1 location. If you buy 30 we can do 2 locations. Shoot me a PM. If you have skype that is ideal :)

• Well just some tips if you want to save some cash. If your only using firefox you will only need 768MB ram out of that with firefox you will only use about 550MB with Ubuntu Minimal possible 1vCPU would be good also. Just some tips to help you not overspend @wardo this is a linux platform though if you do decide to do linux can always pm me for help setting up the desktop @IThinkUFailed said a few command in SSH will save you $1 or $2 out of your pocket.

• alaningusalaningus Member
    edited December 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    10VMs I could do that for say $3 per VM. If you were to order 30 I could do $2.5

Does that include the Windows licence(s)?

• edited December 2015

@alaningus said:

No. They are installed with trial and it is up to the client to deal with the rest

• Yeah, I figured as much. OP probably needs to bear this in mind as he says a he hasn't got licence(s) of his own.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    No. They are installed with trial and it is up to the client to deal with the rest

Have you used a few moments of your time to read the EULA at all ?

No, you can't use a trial license on the server as a service provider, at all.

• @Clouvider said:
    No, you can't use a trial license on the server as a service provider, at all.

We provide a blank VPS. The user installs the OS from ISO. We do not install it for them so we do not deal with it. I miswrote earlier apoligise

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

I think TinyTunnel_Tom would be the best option , the cheapest .

Thanked by 1TinyTunnel_Tom
  • Got to be just as straightforward (and definitely cheaper) to install linux/desktop/vnc. Also quite rewarding!

• @alaningus said:
    Got to be just as straightforward (and definitely cheaper) to install linux/desktop/vnc. Also quite rewarding!

agreed but just installing ubuntu desktop + xrdp on a box 1200+ packages

• Still smaller in terms of disk space and resource usage than Windows. You might want to use small and light desktops such as LXDE/XFCE.

• Will try it. However I agree linux is much lighter

• runabove deskaas, free 3 month.

i run: jingling, hitleap, 10khits

it's good

• Unfortunate name!

• What is your budget?

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    They are installed with trial and it is up to the client to deal with the rest.
    We provide a blank VPS

maybe it is just me, but how do you know they are installed with trial if you don't install it?