Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warning to all who use RaxWeb - Owner of RaxWeb encourages DOS/DDOS attacks, spamming - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Warning to all who use RaxWeb - Owner of RaxWeb encourages DOS/DDOS attacks, spamming

Comments

• @24khost said: Do I think @NickO would DDoS some one, NO! Just stating we have no proof other than what has been provided and peoples words.

Not to go against you or anything, but what proof does @NickO have that he can share? I mean the only person with actual "proof" is @curtisg and we have yet to see anything.

• @curtisg said: Thats right. I use an atom with 12gb ram...

"I have two Atom's right next to me"
    I can clearly remember you saying that yesterday.
    Anyway this thread is completely out of hand. @Liam @Infinity

• i3 is not an atom...

• If you were in cPanel, then were you able to capture any logs from the server supporting a DDoS. At minimum the number of connections?

As far as showing the "Known Spammer" in CloudFlare, **Spam != a DDoS Attack ** (last I checked), I have several sites on CloudFlare and THIS IS NORMAL. I would also venture to say that CloudFlare has a history of false positives

• @HalfEatenPie said: Not to go against you or anything, but what proof does @NickO have that he can share? I mean the only person with actual "proof" is @curtisg and we have yet to see anything.

I could send logs of my servers not sending DDoS? ;)
    I have no proof. Nothing to hide.

• @NickO I would never want my name and my companies name associated with DDoS. So I would never make any statement like that that could be used against me.

• @NickO you're correct. I do have two atoms, one that has no motherboard inside it, one runs windows xp on 1024mb's of ram.

• @KMyers said: As far as showing the "Known Spammer" in CloudFlare, **Spam != a DDoS Attack ** (last I checked), I have several sites on CloudFlare and THIS IS NORMAL. I would also venture to say that CloudFlare has a history of false positives

Check the dates. From late December/1st of January.

• @24khost said: @NickO I would never want my name and my companies name associated with DDoS. So I would never make any statement like that that could be used against me.

I never realized that Curtis had so much hate on me to post it publicly after 24 hours of nothing happening (odd that).

• @NickO said: Check the dates. From late December/1st of January.

I saw the dates. Regardless, I am not sure what he was trying to prove. Those are Spamers from China. This is nothing new and last I checked, your not Chinese (unless you tricked me too)

• @NickO but why even make the comment? Why would you shit where you sleep? To put it in terms everybody can understand. You don't here bill gates saying I am going to DDoS Apple.com. It is was stupid imho to make that comment. Specially if your not going to have proof that it was not said in another way. What we have seen as proof of the conversation your not denying you said it. To me that is an admission of guilt that you made the threat. In the U.S. if you say I am going to kill you, it can be taken as a terroristic threat and yes you can be arrested for it.

• @KMyers said: I saw the dates. Regardless, I am not sure what he was trying to prove. Those are Spamers from China. This is nothing new and last I checked, your not Chinese (unless you tricked me too)

Reminds me, @Curtisg. Is this server from Hostbluff?

• @24khost said: but why even make the comment?

I think the proof lies in itself.
    *Gets scared "I'm going to kill you!"
    *Slaps mate in arm.

• @NickO said: Hostbluff?

no, I don't even know what company that is.

• @curtisg said: no, I don't even know what company that is.

Oh, I think they're down at the moment. They're quite quality though. Ask @KMyers.

• @24khost said: @NickO but why even make the comment? Why would you shit where you sleep? To put it in terms everybody can understand. You don't here bill gates saying I am going to DDoS Apple.com. It is was stupid imho to make that comment. Specially if your not going to have proof that it was not said in another way. What we have seen as proof of the conversation your not denying you said it. To me that is an admission of guilt that you made the threat. In the U.S. if you say I am going to kill you, it can be taken as a terroristic threat and yes you can be arrested for it.

I am not going to agree that the statement was wise, however I will not cast judgement until I see proof that the conversation could have even been mistaken as such.

Warning someone about a host is NOT a bad if they have a history of taking sites down who get attacked (in fact, this is why I do not have anything at OVH, Burst and a few other providers)

• @NickO admit that it was a mistake to make the comment. No shame in admitting you made a stupid comment. I would rather see you admit you made a stupid comment and suggest to just be a little more careful when commenting like that when it involves your company.

That is just my advice due to your company. Don't want to see you get a bad name over something stupid like this.

• NickONickO Member
    edited January 2013

@24khost said: @NickO admit that it was a mistake to make the comment.

A mistake to make it? No, a mistake to give Curtis the slightest bit of trust.
    and as @KMyers said. I have no history of taking down any websites or servers or any kind of unethical hacking for that matter.

• @NickO said: Oh, I think they're down at the moment. They're quite quality though. Ask @KMyers.

I sold it a while ago. At the time, we did not offer i3 servers. All of our processors were made out of Balsa Wood and colored with a grey sharpie marker. We did power the Datacenter with AOL's Premium Dialup Service, so this may explain his current run of downtime.

@JHadley, it seems to be down.

• @NickO Wow, it is honerable to stand your ground but sometimes it is better to admit defeat.

• jhjh Member

@KMyers have been moving some things around but very unwell at the moment and HostBluff is not a priority.

• @jhadley said: @KMyers have been moving some things around but very unwell at the moment and HostBluff is not a priority.

Understood, in fact the downtime helps to sell the backstory :)

I hope you can get everything else resolved though.

• how old are you? do we really need these kind of discussions here?

goddamn... no one cares about curtisg and i hope you won't feed him more

• @jevermeister said: how old are you? do we really need these kind of discussions here?

goddamn... no one cares about curtisg and i hope you won't feed him more

Once @KMyers has recovered and goes back into active duty things should be resolved.

• Another case of LET going to shit.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited January 2013

" In the U.S. if you say I am going to kill you, it can be taken as a terroristic threat and yes you can be arrested for it."

Also in the US, any computer that is connected to the Internet and is used for commercial activities (which covers almost all VPS containers since the VPS is hosted on a commercial server owned by a for-profit host that is engaged in commercial activities) is considered a "protected computer" and threatening a DDoS attack is illegal under 18 U.S.C. §1030 (Computer Fraud and Abuse Act) and you could be arrested for it if the person on the receiving end of your threat takes your threat seriously and files a complaint

..and in Hong Kong a DDoS threat could land you in the slammer for 5 years
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/08/07/facebook_anonymous_suspect_ddos_hong_kong/

...and in just about every data center contract (with the exception of maybe ec*tel) making DDoS threats could get your contract cancelled even if you don't actually carry out the threats

"You don't here bill gates saying I am going to DDoS Apple.com. It is was stupid imho to make that comment. Specially if your not going to have proof that it was not said in another way"

To put it in simpler terms: making a DDoS threat, even if "the threat" was said as a joke, projects unprofessionalism to potential clients (especially if the potential clients are businesses)

• @DomainBop said: To put it in simpler terms: making a DDoS threat, even if "the threat" was said as a joke, projects unprofessionalism to potential clients (especially if the potential clients are businesses)

To easily-butthurt people like yourself, yes.

• @gubbyte get off it. We are making the point that he needs to watch what he says.

• @gubbyte said: To easily-butthurt people like yourself, yes.

Where's that thank button.

@DomainBop said: ..and in Hong Kong a DDoS threat could land you in the slammer for 5 years

Wait... you're comparing this with Facebook and Anonymous?

• LOL Dam Drama!