Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hukot.net and BitNinja.IO - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hukot.net and BitNinja.IO

1235»

Comments

• edited December 2015

ATHK said: If you're seeing malicious requests you should always send the report to the provider anyway.. I doubt they'll use the IP against you.

Yes, of course the provider won't use it against us, but if somehow a malicious party gets the report, then he/she can abuse it and gain sensitive security infos. I have talked to my team, and they just draw my attention if you register to bitninja, then you can see the IP information regarding the incidents. We are still not sure about publishing it on the public report. If anyone has an idea about it, we are happy to discuss.

• @bitninja_george said:
    and they just draw my attention if you register to bitninja, then you can see the IP information regarding the incidents.

That is ridiculous, you're providing a report and you should provide the full report in your email, otherwise the entire abuse report is useless. No one is going to sign up to your rubbish service to see a full report with IPs that should've been sent in the first place.

Can you see why people think Bitninja is a scam or just bullshit?

• @ATHK : then nobody would signup if they provide it first. Conversion is the mantra here.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • @bitninja_george said:
    We always reveal the ip addresses if we are asked for it by e-mail.

As @athk said you should always reveal it in first place not upon request

• Not reveal it to the world but forward the "abused" ip (that hides behind you )to the isp so the guy who can take a look at the specific ip can take action.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

Then you eliminate the chance for them to convert just to see your logs. That's not fair.

inthecloudblog said: Not reveal it to the world but forward the "abused" ip (that hides behind you )to the isp so the guy who can take a look at the specific ip can take action.

• inthecloudblog said: Not reveal it to the world but forward the "abused" ip (that hides behind you )to the isp so the guy who can take a look at the specific ip can take action.

Yes, that's something we also want, and we are working on to find the best way to implement it.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • SolSoCoGSolSoCoG Member
    edited July 2016

I'm hosting some open source projects, my private blog and one or two small commercial websites.

The Bitninja team even reduced my license costs as I don't generate that much money, which is a nice move.

It is definitivly more efficient than fail2ban, I get roughly 20 ssh login failures now when before, I got like 500-600 at the same time, thanks to the hivemind technology it has, sharing incidents with other users.

It has also blocked some hacking attempts, trying to start a php shell.
    The port honeypots on port 23 and 2222 and so on are also useful to block bad ips en masse.

Bitninja displays a recaptcha on greylisted IPs, which does not work on apt-get or behind some company proxies, that are all the errors I've found yet.

On general, roughly a half year in the future, it is useful, imho, to block out most of the malicious traffic.

And can you please stop that ranting on poor writing, some people don't natively speak/write english.

• @SolSoCoG said:
    I'm hosting some open source projects, my private blog and one or two small commercial websites.

The Bitninja team even reduced my license costs as I don't generate that much money, which is a nice move.

It is definitivly more efficient than fail2ban, I get roughly 20 ssh login failures now when before, I got like 500-600 at the same time, thanks to the hivemind technology it has, sharing incidents with other users.

The port honeypots on port 23 and 2222 and so on are also useful to block bad ips en masse.

Bitninja displays a recaptcha on greylisted IPs, which does not work on apt-get or behind some company proxies, that are all the errors I've found yet.

On general, roughly a half year in the future, it is useful, imho, to block out most of the malicious traffic.

And can you please stop that ranting on poor writing, some people don't natively speak/write english.

Nice shill. Nice...

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@SolSoCoG said:

http://www.blocklist.de/ fail2ban hivemind complete.

Thanked by 1postcd
  • SolSoCoGSolSoCoG Member
    edited July 2016

@theroyalstudent said:

@SolSoCoG said:

>

Nice shill. Nice...

Wow, you must be believing in the Illuminati then?
    I was looking up the opinion of a piece of software I recently started using. And I was surprised by this rather weird and objective entry. Oh right damn. It was my first post, I must've been bought, legit people start with 50+ posts and register a year in the past, my bad...

@MeltedLux said:

@SolSoCoG said:

>

http://www.blocklist.de/ fail2ban hivemind complete.

Oh thats nice indeed, thanks for the tip. Covers only one part through, for the rest of Bitninjas functionality you would have to install for example Alienvault OSSIM and OTX. I tried that one even, until the first move I had to do is "jailbreak" it to configure.