Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hukot.net and BitNinja.IO - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hukot.net and BitNinja.IO

Comments

• Yes, let's claim everyone visiting or stumbling upon your servers are botnet activists.

Then yes, send the ip owners/leasers emails in the hope they jump on our services. If they convert at 0.1-0.5% per spam mail sent, that's a really good income for mass mailing "evil botnet activist" IP owners!

Such business!

• Also, what the heck is this?

https://bitninja.io/2015/10/26/abdullkarem-attack/

No, seriously, who wrote this? You're protecting people from "digital terrorists" now? Snake oil scam confirmed..

• @bitninja_george said:
    Hijacking complete TCP sessions is not that easy as it sounds

No mention of UDP, do you disregard this typw of traffic then?

Anyway if your IP is hijacked or spoofed, you do not care about it?

I never said I was having an issue..

Please send an IP to at least check our side. We send tons of Indicent reports every day and the reaction is always positive and helpful.

You get tons of people complaining about your false reports, its a happy outcome because you probably just stop sending emails to them. Win win.

Most people want to solve their issues and in many cases the reports help them to trace the problem. Do you want to solve this problem, or not?

Honestly, I think there's some sort of language barrier, or you're just plain stupid I'm going for the latter here.

Honestly so far I have not met a case when the traffic was spoofed let me see that IP!

• You can still spoof TCP traffic, just not all the way

• @ATHK said:
    No mention of UDP, do you disregard this typw of traffic then?

We do not include UDP data currently in our reports.

@ATHK said: 8.8.8.8

I mean an IP with 'fake report' as you call..

You guys are talking about a bug in our system, but nobody sent us an IP to check. I guess you are just angry with us b/c your server have been terminated regarding a report we sent and you could not trace it...

• @0xdragon said:
    Also, what the heck is this?

No, seriously, who wrote this? You're protecting people from "digital terrorists" now? Snake oil scam confirmed..

Hi

I wrote this article, and yes the point of the abdullkarem attack is to make sysadmins to blindly filter this world and this way rendering any content about it invisible for visitors and search engines. If you have a better explanation about it please feel free to share.

• @ATHK said:

I have checked 8.8.8.8

We had a bug last year that generated false positive incidents about 8.8.8.8 when there was a lot of dns requests. We really sent reports about it to 1 email address. The bug have been fixed long ago and no report have been sent since 2015-03-06. Are you the tech contact for that IP?

• @bitninja_george said:

>

Are you the tech contact for that IP?

That's a good one!

You are aware that 8.8.8.8 is one of the Google's public DNS servers? So it will obviously get like a lot (REALLY REALLY A LOT LOT LOT) DNS requests because a lot of people use it at home and in their servers to resolves domains quicker than their ISP DNS or other DNS servers and whatever else (a lot of countries have DNS censorship and many use Google's public DNS to bypass it).

You's funny, really funny to think someone here would be contact for that IP address. This is just LET and not Google.

• Of course I know 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 are google.dns IPs. And as I wrote there was a bug, but have been fixed long ago.

I don t know you as you never introduced yourself and I am completely new here, so yeah, why can't you be someone from google? Sometimes we contact bing, microsoft, yahoo and they have a good communication all the time, and resolve the issue fast.

Anyway, we send incident reports to the tech contact of the IP so if you are not the tech contact, you probably haven t received a report from us regarding this IP.

Still waiting for an IP regarding a false positive report any of you received from us!

8.4.4.> @Hidden_Refuge said:

You's funny, really funny to think someone here would be contact for that IP address. This is just LET and not Google.

• PwnerPwner Member
    edited December 2015

TL;DR Bitninja is a scam company that gets random IPs and sends fake reports to hosting providers as a con trick to get them to purchase "security services" from a company that constantly has bugs with their "successful" system and fails to correctly identify spoofed IPs and UDP based attacks, where a majority of attacks base from. The CEO can't type English if his life depended on it, and just reflects how much of a head clown he is for his circus of a service.

Thanked by 34n0nx GM2015 ATHK
  • When I saw their site name for the first time I thought its a bitcoin related site.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Could some one just hack them? Would be fun to watch

• that abdullkarem post has got to be the most retarded post a "security" company has ever made

Seriously, what a pathetic company. Trying to make it seem like they matter. Well you don't.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

I just got a report on one of my ips this morning. The server that has the IP assigned has been offline for 2 days...

• you nasty person

agoldenberg said: The server that has the IP assigned has been offline for 2 days...

• @agoldenberg said:
    I just got a report on one of my ips this morning. The server that has the IP assigned has been offline for 2 days...

Can you provide them the IP? I wanna see what excuse they will say now.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2015

0xdragon said: No, seriously, who wrote this? You're protecting people from "digital terrorists" now? Snake oil scam confirmed..

I was thinking bitninja might be legit, but after reading that article...

*drops incoming e-mail from bitninja.io *

@four20 I PMed it to him.

Thanked by 1Four20
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited December 2015

This was so funny to watch:

Wtf, it took bitninja ~10s to block a single attacking IP. Very efficient :D
    Good that I don't have such a system in place.

Yet you won't protect against any L4 attack in your current state, are they not common?

And what the hell is this?

• @bitninja_george said:
    I guess you are just angry with us b/c your server have been terminated regarding a report we sent and you could not trace it...

Learn to type you moron, are you 13 or something..

Look, you don't seem to be getting it, this has nothing to do with me. I've never had anything to do with your scam operation. I've never had a fake report from your scam company.

Please learn to read.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2015

@bitninja_george You have not truly help yourself in this thread. It proves your company should not be providing this service to your customers. You are basically ripping them off. I told you in a prior thread that your reports are bogus. But you seemed to lack the technical knowledge to understand my answer. I will repeat it one more time for you. The ip's the abuse complaints came from we not even being announced (BGP). I will not provide the ip's because nothing relevant will happen, due to the fact that the ip are not BEING ANNOUNCED!!! So in turn I just shitcan your abuse complaints again to /dev/null. Plus just a little more information I handle all the abuse complaints for the company I work for. So I know if the compliant is joke or is for real. Your are a JOKE!

Thanked by 2GM2015 ATHK
  • Bitninja had their pie not even eaten yet.

Thanked by 2PieHasBeenEaten ATHK
  • @bitninja_george said:
    Please send me an IP so we can check it! I have not received any IP so far...

Why don't you expose the IP of your clients instead ?
    Why should we expose ourselves or receive fake abuse without the IP of your customers?

I sent him an IP that they sent me an abuse complaint on... Not a thing.

• "HOW TO PROTECT AGAINST BLACK HAT HACKERS
    Grab this Free eBook and Boost your Server Protection"

Ebooks.. Hm, lol, which 14 year old from Hackforums runs this clown show?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited December 2015

Typical day at BitNinja:

Oh man, we have an abuse report for 127.0.0.1... * sends email to IANA *

• Can anyone show me how their reports look like? Feel free to black out domains, IPs and names.

So far all I've been told is it was a port scan attempt from October but the report was dated December 5th

Here's what he inboxed me verbatim

Thank you for the IP. I am still not home yet, so I will reply more deeply later, but what I can tell you now is requestst like the ones below were captured from that IP earlyer and that is why we greylisted the IP originally. I saw some other requests too they didn t seem to be dangerous, but this ones are definitely scan attempts.

Can I publish my findings about this case on the forum, or shall I rather send it only to you in private?

Is there anything else I need to know about this IP? Were there any change in the ownership recently?

George

2015-10-30 11:24:26 | Url: [be###ub.hu/demo/GHH]
    2015-10-30 11:24:26 | Url: [be###ub.hu/wp-admin/]
    2015-10-30 11:24:26 | Url: [be###ub.hu/wp-includes/]
    2015-10-30 11:24:26 | Url: [be###ub.hu/wp-content/plugins/] 2015-10-30 11:24:26 | Url: [be###ub.hu/wp-content/uploads/] 2015-10-30 11:24:26 | Url: [be###ub.hu/wp-content/themes/]
    2015-10-30 11:24:26 | Url: [be###ub.hu/wp-content/] 2015-10-30 11:24:26 | Url: [be###ub.hu/images/] 2015-10-30 11:24:26 | Url: [be###ub.hu/blog/]
    2015-10-30 11:24:26 | Url: [be###ub.hu/cache/]
    2015-1

• What kind of requests are they? Simple get requests lol?

A speed test from their blog "GET"s /wp-includes/ files.

http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/b45EnA/https://bitninja.io/2015/10/29/bitninja-waf-beta/