Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hukot.net and BitNinja.IO - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hukot.net and BitNinja.IO

Comments

• @GM2015 said:
    What kind of requests are they? Simple get requests lol?

A speed test from their blog "GET"s /wp-includes/ files.

http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/b45EnA/https://bitninja.io/2015/10/29/bitninja-waf-beta/

ROFLMAO

https://bitninja.io/wp-login.php?redirect_to=https://bitninja.io/wp-admin/&reauth=1

CAN SOMEONE GIVE THEM A ROUND OF APPLAUSE?

• They probably sent pingdom an email too for making a speed test.

0xdragon said: CAN SOMEONE GIVE THEM A ROUND OF APPLAUSE?

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • plz dont abdullkarem attack me

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

abulla pigi pogi karem. you're done

sin said: plz dont abdullkarem attack me

• From our perspective as both a network operator and datacentre owner, we just delete everything coming from bitninja.io.

We receive dozens of 'complaints' from them about 'attacks' but each time I have seen one, I've pull the netflow data for that IP to try to corroborate the complaint. Looking at the alleged time of attack, I see no outbound port 80 traffic directed anywhere. Even if I look at the full 24 hours before and after the alleged attack still no port 80 traffic.

So if the attack was alleged to be against a webserver on port 80, then I absolutely should be able to see the same traffic on our netflow data.

Additionally, making someone click a link to go to their website to see the report is bad form, no-one is going to click around and spend their time to get the data. Most of us automate complaint handling.

In my opinion Bitninja has zero credibility and should be disregarded until such time as it can be proven to provide reliable reports.

• 0xdragon said: ROFLMAO

I am afraid I will get an abuse notice if I click it

• But, but they sell popcorn!

MarkTurner said: From our perspective as both a network operator and datacentre owner, we just delete everything coming from bitninja.io.

You don't like popcorn. We'll remember that.

MarkTurner said: Additionally, making someone click a link to go to their website to see the report is bad form, no-one is going to click around and spend their time to get the data. Most of us automate complaint handling.

• I clicked it with no referrer. We might lose internet tomorrow!

4n0nx said: I am afraid I will get an abuse notice if I click it

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • GM2015 said: I clicked it with no referrer. We might lose internet tomorrow!

Not if you pay for bitninja

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • That's exactly what we need.

4n0nx said: Not if you pay for bitninja

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • edited December 2015

Hi all,

I have returned so I had the time to analyze. So far I only got 1 IP from agoldenberg.

@agoldenberg said:
    I sent him an IP that they sent me an abuse complaint on... Not a thing.

Thank you for the IP. He did not allowed me to publish the IP or the report here, so I can not share it, but here is the details I have found about that IP:

Originally the IP was greylisted because of these logs:

*******.hu ..214.10 - - [ +0100] "GET /wp-admin/network/system.php?450699=1&babaraba=vb&php4=1&root=1&upl=1&wphp4=1&abdullkarem=1&wp=1&module=1&php=1&php5=1&wphp5=1 HTTP/1.0" 404 3924 "-" "-"
    *******.hu ..214.10 - - [ +0100] "GET /wp-content/uploads/2015/system.php?450699=1&babaraba=vb&php4=1&root=1&upl=1&wphp4=1&abdullkarem=1&wp=1&module=1&php=1&php5=1&wphp5=1 HTTP/1.0" 404 3931 "-" "-"
    *******.hu ..214.10 - - [ +0100] "GET /wp-includes/system.php?450699=1&babaraba=vb&php4=1&root=1&upl=1&wphp4=1&abdullkarem=1&wp=1&module=1&php=1&php5=1&wphp5=1 HTTP/1.0" 404 3923 "-" "-"
    *******.hu ..214.10 - - [ +0100] "GET /wp-includes/images/system.php?450699=1&babaraba=vb&php4=1&root=1&upl=1&wphp4=1&abdullkarem=1&wp=1&module=1&php=1&php5=1&wphp5=1 HTTP/1.0" 404 3931 "-" "-"
    *******.hu ..214.10 - - [ +0100] "GET /wp-includes/simplepie/parse/system.php?450699=1&babaraba=vb&php4=1&root=1&upl=1&wphp4=1&abdullkarem=1&wp=1&module=1&php=1&php5=1&wphp5=1 HTTP/1.0" 404 3923 "-" "-"
    *******.hu ..214.10 - - [ +0100] "GET /wp-includes/images/smilies/system.php?450699=1&babaraba=vb&php4=1&root=1&upl=1&wphp4=1&abdullkarem=1&wp=1&module=1&php=1&php5=1&wphp5=1 HTTP/1.0" 404 3924 "-" "-"

Then we received more than 350 malicious requests from 2015-10-27 11:24:11 to 2015-10-30 11:24:26 on 18 different servers from different customers. Geographically totally different places like Canada, USA, Greece, Hungary, Netherlands, etc. It is impossible and also makes no sense to forge this traffic. Many of the incidents were collected from apache logs on customers servers, not even by our honeypot system. We have sent 2 incident reports about this IP.

Regarding their website agoldenberg provide wordpress hosting. I have found their twitter feed this posts: 'We are aware of an ongoing attack against our servers. We are working to resolve it.' Oct 2. I don't know if this has any relationship with the requests we captured, but one thing is sure, bitninja protected servers has no such problems, and the abdullkarem attack can cause traffic overwhelm problems like this.

..214.10 - - [ -0400] "GET /wp-includes/simplepie/net/system.php?450699=1&babaraba=vb&php4=1&root=1&upl=1&wphp4=1&abdullkarem=1&wp=1&module=1&php=1&php5=1&wphp5=1 HTTP/1.0" 508 7287 "-" "-"
    ..214.10 - - [ -0700] "GET /wp-admin/network/system.php?450699=1&babaraba=vb&php4=1&root=1&upl=1&wphp4=1&abdullkarem=1&wp=1&module=1&php=1&php5=1&wphp5=1 HTTP/1.0" 404 20854 "-" "-"
    ..214.10 - - [ -0400] "GET /wp-content/uploads/system.php?450699=1&babaraba=vb&php4=1&root=1&upl=1&wphp4=1&abdullkarem=1&wp=1&module=1&php=1&php5=1&wphp5=1 HTTP/1.0" 403 - "-" "-"
    ****.com/wp-includes/simplepie/content/system.php?450699=1&babaraba=vb&php4=1&root=1&upl=1&wphp4=1&abdullkarem=1&wp=1&module=1&php=1&php5=1&wphp5=1
    *Url: [***.gr/wp-content/themes/yakimabait/download.php?file=./wp-config.php]
    ***.gr/wp-content/force-download.php?file=../wp-config.php
    ***.org/wp-content/plugins/google-mp3-audio-player/direct_download.php?file=../../../wp-config.php
    ***.gr/wp-content/themes/NativeChurch/download/download.php?file=../../../../wp-config.php
    ***.gr/wp-content/themes/markant/download.php?file=../../wp-config.php
    ***.biz/wp-admin/

Do you guys really can't see the value about this report? This helps a lot to trace down the infection and clean the infected wp-s. We even plan to enhance the free version of bitninja with a module to auto trace such infections.

• @bitninja_george said:
    Hi all,

I have returned so I had the time to analyze. So far I only got 1 IP from agoldenberg.

Do you guys really can't see the value about this report? This helps a lot to trace down the infection and clean the infected wp-s. We even plan to enhance the free version of bitninja with a module to auto trace such infections.

Your broken English is such a worry.

I don't understand, why you can't understand this..

I just got a report on one of my ips this morning. The server that has the IP assigned has been offline for 2 days...

• @MarkTurner said:
    From our perspective as both a network operator and datacentre owner, we just delete everything coming from bitninja.io.

It is your responsibility to delete the reports we send you to forward to your clients.

@MarkTurner said:
    We receive dozens of 'complaints' from them about 'attacks' but each time I have seen one, I've pull the netflow data for that IP to try to corroborate the complaint. Looking at the alleged time of attack, I see no outbound port 80 traffic directed anywhere. Even if I look at the full 24 hours before and after the alleged attack still no port 80 traffic.

@MarkTurner said:
    So if the attack was alleged to be against a webserver on port 80, then I absolutely should be able to see the same traffic on our netflow data.

Please send me one such IP, and let's find out why you can not see the same traffic. Why would we send fake incidents? It just makes no sense! And of course there are cases, when you can not see the traffic with netflow, like in case of https. In our incident reports we include many kind of incidents. There are not only incidents about port 80, so be careful about it.

@MarkTurner said:
    Additionally, making someone click a link to go to their website to see the report is bad form, no-one is going to click around and spend their time to get the data. Most of us automate complaint handling.

The incident report page is a live view of the incoming incidents. So if there are new request captured, you can see it within 2 seconds. This helps one to trace the attacks.
    We are also ready to integrate. Please contact me in private about the details.

• PieNotEvenEaten said: I will repeat it one more time for you. The ip's the abuse complaints came from we not even being announced (BGP). I will not provide the ip's because nothing relevant will happen, due to the fact that the ip are not BEING ANNOUNCED!!!

I admit, this is an interesting situation, so I would like to find out what has happened. Please send me the IP anyway!

• inthecloudblog said: Why don't you expose the IP of your clients instead ?

We provide server security for more than 500 servers, and there are about 3000 IP-s. If you send us a mail, we can send you the uncovered reports, and the IP-s too. But it makes no sense, to publish our users IP-s..

If you have a report you believe is a false positive, send it to me, and I can help you find out what happened. Blaming us for false reports without sending an IP is useless I think.

• @ATHK said:

I just got a report on one of my ips this morning. The server that has the IP assigned has been offline for 2 days...

Can you answer this please. @bitninja_george

• Hi

@ATHK said:
    Can you answer this please. bitninja_george
    ATHK said: I just got a report on one of my ips this morning. The server that has the IP assigned has been offline for 2 days...

The last request we received from that IP was this:

Url: [****.com/2014/10/101-recipes-leftover-turkey/]
    Agent: [Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)]

It is interesting receiving such a request from a server.. The user agent says:

Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1

I guess the IP have been rearranged or you used a browser when you reinstalled your server, opened websites and one was actually on a server hosted by one of our clients. Do you run Windows on that server? When did you get back the server online exactly?

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

Come on man, my grandma could find your site. http://foodconstrued.com/2014/10/101-recipes-leftover-turkey/

Are you going to look at what crap that site's loading? http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/d7hQnx/http://foodconstrued.com/2014/10/101-recipes-leftover-turkey/

I guess pingdom got their emails now too.

Carry on.

bitninja_george said: Url: [****.com/2014/10/101-recipes-leftover-turkey/] Agent: [Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)]

I guess the IP have been rearranged or you used a browser when you reinstalled your server, opened websites and one was actually on a server hosted by one of our clients. Do you run Windows on that server? When did you get back the server online exactly?

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @bitninja_george said:

When you say "you" are you referring to me or @agoldenburg

I only ask because what you said makes no sense if you're referring to me, once again proving my point that you don't read, don't understand simple questions and can't understand simple English..

• @bitninja_george said:
    Url: [****.com/2014/10/101-recipes-leftover-turkey/] Agent: [Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)]

Not sure if you're trolling or not, one would hope not for the sake of professionalism..

http://www.useragentstring.com/Internet Explorer9.0_id_16282.php

https://user-agents.me/browser/mozilla50-compatible-msie-90-windows-nt-61-wow64-trident50-visasoe

Something as simple as a user agent string should not confuse you..

• ATHK said: When you say "you" are you referring to me or @agoldenburg

Sorry, I mean agoldenburg..

You (ATHK) have not sent me an IP, so I can not help answering your question.

• GM2015 said: Are you going to look at what crap that site's loading? http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/d7hQnx/http://foodconstrued.com/2014/10/101-recipes-leftover-turkey/

I guess pingdom got their emails now too.

It is not working like this. If an IP is on the global greylist, we capture requests from it for a while. In case of pingdom, they are on a special system whitelist, so don't worry, they won't get abuse report.

• There you go.

ATHK said: Something as simple as a user agent string should not confuse you..

bitninja-bob You (ATHK) have not sent me an IP, so I can not help answering your question.

• ATHK said: Something as simple as a user agent string should not confuse you..

I taught agoldenberg asked me this: 'I just got a report on one of my ips this morning. The server that has the IP assigned has been offline for 2 days'...

Of course we do not trust user agent.

I see many confusion about our reports, so I decided, to create a detailed documentation about it soon.

• ATHK said: Your broken English is such a worry.

I am not native as you probably guessed. :-)
    Me and my team will spend 3 month in London as we have been invited to the CylonLab accelerator program. (https://cylonlab.com/) I hope it will help improve my English too :-)

• @bitninja_george said:
    You (ATHK) have not sent me an IP, so I can not help answering your question.

I've told you multiple times now, that I'm not having an issue with false reports from Bitninja.. Why do I have to repeat myself over and over.. Do you not understand this?

What is your primary tounge? I'll translate it for you..

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@bitninja_george I don't run any Windows servers at all. Not a single one. You said the last incident you saw on that IP was in october yet you sent me a report in december on the same ip? Still bull shit.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@bitninja_george the incident you are referencing from twitter was a DDoS attack against our main shared hosting server. Had nothing to do with infiltration of the server itself.

• I mean, all they know in their little world is apache and wordpress, what do you expect from such a company?

Then 90% of what they do with their application can be done with fail2ban and some rulesets.

Thanked by 1bitninja_george
  • @tr1cky said:
    I mean, all they know in their little world is apache and wordpress, what do you expect from such a company?

Then 90% of what they do with their application can be done with fail2ban and some rulesets.

Exactly...the "attack" logs he posted...I easily block those every day with a simple fail2ban filter.

Thanked by 1ATHK