Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE.... - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE....

124»

Comments

• @singsing said:
    What about table-based layouts done with CSS? Using display: table-row, etc?

I think that's considered a bit hacky. It could be easy solution to some stuff, but nowdays you can pretty much achieve the same using flexbox, which is pretty damn handy.

• zeitgeistzeitgeist Member
    edited November 2015

@deadbeef said:
    Oh, so he is worthy news for your time. And this is you suppose HIS failure?

Twisting words and asking pseudo-rhetorical questions... not sure if you want to be a troll or just appear as one, but I answer you this one. His "failure", as you say, is to be a self-centric ass again talking in his letter only about himself and how low he has fallen, rather than about all the people he has hurt and bullshitted. In fact, the only time he talks about his customers is when he talks about his GVH successors ("I feel that my customers have been through too much of a rough ride and never deserved the wrongful treatment that they have endured through the entire acquisition series.")

This guy doesn't deserve to be working at a Wendy's. As @Francisco mentioned, he should be at a federal prison, and he sure will be one day if he is about to revive his online business through his new brand.

• @zeitgeist said:
    Twisting words and asking pseudo-rhetorical questions... not sure if you want to be a troll or just appear as one, but I answer you this one.

My official title is "ass-kicker". I specialize in stupid people who don't realize their nature.

His "failure", as you say, is to be a self-centric ass again talking in his letter only about himself and how low he has fallen, rather than about all the people he has hurt and bullshitted. In fact, the only time he talks about his customers is when he talks about his GVH successors ("I feel that my customers have been through too much of a rough ride and never deserved the wrongful treatment that they have endured through the entire acquisition series.")

And all that is totally unrelated to your original statement of "He wrote this letter seriously believing anyone would give a crap?". You give a crap. He wins. You read it, you cares, you copy/pasted it. Does it get more self-evident? Does it require an IQ > 90 to get that?

• deadbeef said: My official title is "ass-kicker". I specialize in stupid people who don't realize their nature.

I am sure you are very good at it. Kicking your own ass every day when you look in the mirror.

deadbeef said: And all that is totally unrelated to your original statement of "He wrote this letter seriously believing anyone would give a crap?" ... Does it require an IQ > 90 to get that?

See, this is the difference between you (someone astonishingly still capable of breathing despite the low IQ) and anyone else here. You take someone's statement literally (look it up as you probably don't know what that means), whereas it was meant to refer to the content of the letter (yeah, it's the content that people mean when they refer to a letter) which did nothing to improve his image or redo what he has done in the past.

• I suppose this is just an example of "I don't care" being used liberally.

Anyways, someone shut the guy down, let's move on. :)

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited November 2015

@ricardo said:
    I am sure you are very good at it.

Not just very good, excellent - I would say brilliant weren't I that modest.

See, this is the difference between you (someone astonishingly still capable of breathing despite the low IQ) and anyone else here.

Well, while this place is filled with the usual peasantry, it does have more smart people than the average Internet site. So how exactly can you equate "everyone else" with yourself? Basic set theory disagrees.

Biology news - IQ levels and breathing ability isn't correlated. Were I butt-hurt like you, I'd insinuate that you need to look up the word, but guess what.

You take someone's statement literally (look it up as you probably don't know what that means), whereas it was meant to refer to the content of the letter (yeah, it's the content that people mean when they refer to a letter) which did nothing to improve his image or redo what he has done in the past.

Oh, look, it's the usual "yeah, I said that, but I didn't really meant THAT, I meant something else, so you can't point how stupid I am now, hehe" defense. Utterly unoriginal.

• zeitgeistzeitgeist Member
    edited November 2015

deadbeef said: Oh, look, it's the usual "yeah, I said that, but I didn't really meant THAT, I meant something else, so you can't point how stupid I am now, hehe" defense.

So this is what this is all about? You think I need to defend myself from you? I see. :) OK, you win. I lose. Now crawl back in your little troll hole and take your "logic" with you.

• zeitgeist said: You think I need to defend myself from you?

That's a little funny to hear when it's from the guy who spent the last couple post defending himself

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • So QuadraNet is working with GVH now? Well, what little respect I had for QuadraNet just went to zero.

• Johnny and Adam Ng are probably a great fit.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@TheCTS said:
    So QuadraNet is working with GVH now? Well, what little respect I had for QuadraNet just went to zero.

@Amitz said:
    Johnny and Adam Ng are probably a great fit.

Now now, it's quite possible GVH still has an active account there and QNET is unaware of this. The company I was talking about isn't QNET.

Francisco

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Francisco

No excuse for the current spam quantities coming out of quadranet.

Thanked by 1TheCTS
  • Sweet, I hope GVH launches its own datacenter soon ! $5/y dedi's!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Mun said:
    Francisco

No excuse for the current spam quantities coming out of quadranet.

I 100% agree and i'm hopefully not trying to justify that. I'm simply saying that QNET might not even be aware that Stoney McNuggets is selling services there.

Francisco

• STONEY MCNUGGETS

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

God damn! How many times will this event repeat itself?!?

• emgemg Veteran

Did anyone else notice that the favicon on the GVH site is still the Hostress logo?

I am curious to know about Jonathan's legal status. Are the investigations still ongoing? Were any charges filed?

• @emg said:
    Did anyone else notice that the favicon on the GVH site is still the Hostress logo?

I am curious to know about Jonathan's legal status. Are the investigations still ongoing? Were any charges filed?

It is a cache on your machine. As of current there is no favicon.ico on his site.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2015

emg said: favicon

Ah the favicon, the most persistent of all the caches. If you're using Chrome, you can probably clear the cache and it'll still show up because Chrome lies so often ;)

Thanked by 1eLohkCalb
  • Woah started from 15, whoelse think from this age will be sucess lot's of gadgets/drugs maybe he bought from his money and he didn't think twice from $5 for year woah? is that sustainable. And keep selling his company or databases to another companies and keep transfer and transfering. Also his reputation or reputation of GVH has been totally washed out. if i were you @Jonathan Nguyen i will start an new brand lol, not this GVH maybe BVH would help BlackValueHost, anyway this domain is available wasteyourmoneyfromthisvps.com.

• @Jar said:
    Ah the favicon, the most persistent of all the caches. If you're using Chrome, you can probably clear the cache and it'll still show up because Chrome lies so often ;)

Favicon huh? My vote goes to /cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

Every time I have to deal with that crap...

Thanked by 3jar Kris joepie91
  • Jonchun said: Favicon huh? My vote goes to /cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

Every time I have to deal with that crap...

After a decade + in the cPanel trenches, just append something arbitrary to the URL to forget that persistent nightmare.

e.g: jchun.com/ -> jchun.com/?x=0

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

TheCTS said: So QuadraNet is working with GVH now? Well, what little respect I had for QuadraNet just went to zero.

Well QuadraNet are not to blame, if anything I doubt they will allow him to go much more than 24 hours over due maybe 72 at the most unlike CC allowing himself to go months and months in to debt.

So I expect this will all be over soon and if QN treat him like any other customer then I don't see an issue with them for accepting the order.

• Do not worry. Before he put his apology letter up onto GVH I took the time to message QNs Abuse, Sales and Administrator department referring to his bulk mailing although non of them have replied within the group chat I feel it may have had an effect regarding this outcome.

Thanked by 1IThinkUFailed
  • deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited November 2015

@Aga said:
    That's a little funny to hear when it's from the guy who spent the last couple post defending himself

I couldn't have said it better! But still, I'll try -

@zeitgeist recuperating:

Thanked by 1Aga
  • Its about time. Sooo, any bets on GVH v5?

• emgemg Veteran

Thanks to everyone who pointed out the favicon cache. I reloaded, and it is gone.

Nobody ever answers the question about Jonathan's legal status. I have asked twice, but nobody responds. Are the investigations still ongoing? Were any charges filed?

(Perhaps nobody knows. If they do, they are not talking.)

• Quadranet's pretty new AS will get some Spamhaus attention after J Nug's happy clients come back (think the cesspool at CC) before SMTP-ocolypse.

Trying to figure out the next DC, perhaps Dacentec, OVH, Wholesale Internet?

Something he can order overnight and write a long explanation for on a legal pad with that he tweets. At least one corrected or erased grammar mistake. Oh and a coupon.

I'll see you guys at v6.