Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE.... - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE....

Comments

• @Mun said:
    If you would like to stop the spam from quadranet try implementing an asn-blocklist on them: https://www.enjen.net/asn-blocklist/search.php?keyword=quadranet

Wow that is quite a big increase..!

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Francisco said:
    Francisco

I think you got the wrong idea of my post. It was more, funny/worry. I know you dont say bullshits, I hooe I am a little bit more clear. Obviously I wasnt looking to offend you, sorry if it appeared I tried to.

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2015

You guys might want to look at the GVH site now - seems he has posted a message on there

• Forever shall this stand as testament to what he said on this day.

Thanked by 2raindog308 cassa
  • /me WTF is going on?

Thanked by 1lbft
  • Someone call the cops.

• I kinda like how he loads the entire Bootstrap framework to effectively display what could be done in about 10 lines of CSS.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2015

JustAMacUser said: I kinda like how he loads the entire Bootstrap framework to effectively display what could be done in about 10 lines of CSS.

I can't say I would do better. In my mind we're still at HTML 2.0 and server side includes does the job that this new fangled "CSS" thing people talk about does.

• @JustAMacUser said:
    I kinda like how he loads the entire Bootstrap framework to effectively display what could be done in about 10 lines of CSS.

This is HTML 12.1 !

• i'm bored of johnny sh*t. I guess he is old enough to face legal stuff now, this guy need to be off the net.

• Jar said: I can't say I would do better. In my mind we're still at HTML 2.0 and server side includes does the job that this new fangled "CSS" thing people talk about does.

Be careful, table-based layouts are now considered crimes against humanity punishable by death.

• lbft said: table-based layouts

What about table-based layouts done with CSS? Using display: table-row, etc?

• I applied for a job at a local fast food restaurant, Wendy's . . .

As a budget brand, these were the type of customers that I targeted

I am going to make a permanent commitment to no longer seek any further income

from such communities . . .

I believe that the best way I can move forward is to take the road on a journey

to bigger and brighter things . . .

And bigger wallets.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2015

when talking about this guy, do consider the efforts he is taking to get back his identity...

i feel we should acknowledge his efforts...

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2015

@agentmishra said:
    when talking about this guy, do consider the efforts he is taking to get back his identity...

i feel we should acknowledge his efforts...

Sure, he can have his identity back once he takes care of all the ID's he leaked online and everyone elses information he shared around with everyone.

Francisco

Thanked by 2jvnadr William
  • Why does this topic still exist? What's the point here?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • linuxthefish said: Why does this topic still exist? What's the point here?

Jonathan Nguyen said: I applied for a job at a local fast food restaurant, Wendy's . . .

We're talking servers.

• Steven_FSteven_F Member
    edited November 2015

/me just found out about this magic. Holy fudge.

@PetaByet said:
    /me WTF is going on?

Thanked by 1AshleyUk
  • /me GVH v1m expected by 2022 q2

• linuxthefish said: What's the point here?

Security awareness?

• Any bets yet on when he will start GVHv5?

• Oh. My. God. He wrote this letter seriously believing anyone would give a crap? The same guy. The same over-inflated sense of self-importance. Narcissistic personality disorder, anyone? This guy needs help ASAP.

Thanked by 1Shade
  • @zeitgeist said:
    Oh. My. God. He wrote this letter seriously believing anyone would give a crap? The same guy. The same over-inflated sense of self-importance. Narcissistic personality disorder, anyone? This guy needs help ASAP.

You're spending your time with it, so is it really him who needs help?

• deadbeef said: You're spending your time with it, so is it really him who needs help?

And this makes any sense, how? I am spending my time reading the news, which contains all kinds of crap. Does that mean I should stop reading the news?

• The news is biased reporting filtered through the rose-colored glasses of the editors and reporters who report only the things that support their twisted agendas.

Oh no I'm channeling Mo.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • Again!

• Holy crap I had a VPS with GVH once.

• jhjh Member

Aww come on - he's only a kid. Give him a second third chance.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @zeitgeist said:
    And this makes any sense, how? I am spending my time reading the news, which contains all kinds of crap. Does that mean I should stop reading the news?

Oh, so he is worthy news for your time. And this is you suppose HIS failure?

• @Francisco said:
    Sure, he can have his identity back once he takes care of all the ID's he leaked online and everyone elses information he shared around with everyone.

Francisco

I am by no means receptive of his behavior, but this particular example should be a lesson learnt for everybody. Sending your documents to random people ("companies") on-line is just a stupid thing to do. Whether it is a big company or a one man show, it doesn't really matter, at the end of the day there is a human on the other side whom you don't know, who may do anything in the world with your identity and you won't know until it is too late.

I am also strictly against taking photocopies of identity documents in person, which some institutions do, in some countries more than in others. How do I know what will happen to this photocopy once I leave the building? Why would I trust some random person? While in some countries people handling personal information undergo comprehensive screening procedures and training, in other countries that's not the case.

It is particularly concerning that the more ghetto a country is the more their laws/procedures require taking and storing photocopies of identity documents for the simplest of activities like exchanging money or buying a cell phone. Locals are brainwashed into believing that keeping identity documents on file prevents crime, when in fact no criminal is stupid enough to give his identity. It's always the poor and ignorant peasants who suffer.

My 2 cents: if a provider asks for identity documents, walk away, it's not worth the risk. If as a provider you doubt a customer, asking for identity documents is a stupid thing to do. A mischievous customer would never send you his real identity.