Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are there a lot of service providers hate Chinese people? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why are there a lot of service providers hate Chinese people?

Comments

• @miTgiB said:
    Which is why my only support person is fluent in English and Mandarin. Chinese make up over 50% of my business, they are very friendly, and very appreciative when you offer them help. Very few tickets I can't handle with Google translate, and those I can't, Nicky can ;)

I'm a Chinese. I have 4 vps with your company since 07/22/2013, I've never submitted a ticket before, because your products are always high quality. I had no problems at all with my VPS.

Thank you!

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@inthecloudblog said:
    I love your services but until recent times you rejectes Argentinian orders ( that being publicly said by you in a thread I made in wht)

Unfortunately we've had to block a handful of countries in the past couple of years with Argentina being one of them (not sure if it's still blocked of not). The only reason I would ever block a country is if it was cheaper to block orders versus dealing with abuse/fraud. Off the top of my head I can only think of 2 other countries that we've explicitly blocked but those were both countries where 100% of the orders since 2014 have been fraud (i.e. stolen credit cards/Paypal, chargebacks months later, etc...). In the case of Argentina, I think we had 2 or 3 legitimate orders but there was a 2 month stretch where we would get dozens of orders from there and all of them resulted in abuse/fraud.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • TheLinuxBug said: I think that there is something important being left out regarding OVH, not so long ago they didn't sell to American's without making them jump through hoops and sometimes denied them, this was common for a long time with French companies

This has nothing to do with language or them being US - OVHs network was/is nearly 90% based on free or very low cost peering while most US ISPs use transit and are obviously not present on EU exchanges (the very big players have an EU presence, like Verizon, AT&T, but don't do free/open peering) - Thus if OVH accepted them back then the traffic would've been nearly 100% costly transit which did not fit their calculation. Now that OVH has US exchanges themself and arranged private peering with some larger players (and/or bought private peering with them in US/CA) they can easier do that, but US traffic still costs them more than EU.

Thanked by 2elgs TheLinuxBug
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@miTgiB said:
    I think this is mostly a cultural thing. Many are using false info for fear of their government. That and those that have no English skills will use template directions someone else made in Hostloc, not understanding what they are putting in. I prefer they just write in their language, MaxMind will score based on the postal code

That makes sense.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • jenokjenok Member, Host Rep

Francisco said: No, we're just amazing like that.

lol

• yingchunyingchun Member
    edited October 2015

Sometimes we can not open the providers' sites without a proxy/VPN which will cause fraud orders,damn fw

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Peoples of Japan and China is hard working, If you ever see peoples of Japan then you will say wow. They are organized, hard working and they make a future plan for family.

They do not marry until they earn enough money for their future kid. They make a plan for their kids.

Doraemon.

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited October 2015

Chinese = cool, great customers.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I,hate all chinese.

Obviously, I am being sarcastic

• qq7119qq7119 Member
    edited October 2015

He himself is a Chinese man

as a Chinese person, I think you are shameful

Here talking Bullshit!

Why not go back to school

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • qq7119qq7119 Member
    edited October 2015

I'm here "LET" transaction involves a One hundred deals

Most are friendly and reliable and generous

My English is not very good, but they are willing to communicate with me

Earth our earth, we have only one earth

• @IgniteServers said:
    Chinese = cool, great customers.

Flattery will get us nowhere. :D

• @elgs said:
    Flattery will get us nowhere. :D

Who am I flattering Chinese people?

• Just kidding. Yeah, agreed. Chinese are great customers.

Thanked by 2IgniteServers netomx
  • DewlanceVPS said: If you ever see peoples of Japan then you will say wow.

Couldn't agree more. They usually work for like 10-12 or more hours per day. Sleep less and if you're not used to their humor, you'll find it bit offensive. And I couldn't resist the slurping. But later I've learnt that it's how they show their appreciation for the chef. They're so much busy, they usually have less time to spend with their families and friend. So there are few odd ways that they express their gratitude. However, I've learnt so much things from them.

• XSXXSX Member, Host Rep

My Titanium dog eyes already blind.

• doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited October 2015

colingpt said: Try to be open and kind. Prejudice and Pride will only make people foolish.

5+ years in the industry and speaking solely from experience on how they act. Some are good customers, some are "good customers" knowingly dealing with their bad customers hopping from reseller programs to reseller programs or just simply not looking and some are outright bad.

• @tr1cky said:
    Actually, the only two countries I would refuse orders from are Indonesia and Brazil, haven't even seen a legit Indonesian customer yet.

You is the first person on this market that I ever seen write something like that about brazilian customers. Yes, some of us can be very problematic but I never seen any provider blocking orders from Brazil, maybe only for freebies and free hosting.

• @EkaatyLinux said:
    You is the first person on this market that I ever seen write something like that about brazilian customers. Yes, some of us can be very problematic but I never seen any provider blocking orders from Brazil, maybe only for freebies and free hosting.

Well, I had several people with one specific Brazilian provider use stolen credit cards, I simply firewalled the whole providers IP space. You can't make a profit when more than 50% of all customers from a country use stolen credit cards and it seems like you won't face any legal consequences in your country if you do that with your own IP, not even trying to be anonymous.

• @tr1cky said:
    Well, I had several people with one specific Brazilian provider use stolen credit cards, I simply firewalled the whole providers IP space. You can't make a profit when more than 50% of all customers from a country use stolen credit cards and it seems like you won't face any legal consequences in your country if you do that with your own IP, not even trying to be anonymous.

Well, you will actually face legal consequences if the owner of the card opens a accident report at the local police. Chances that you will not get caught is somewhat high, to be honest, but there is as chance. I do know people that was imprisoned because of this behavior.

Don't be so upset with us :D

• AgaAga Member

EkaatyLinux said: first person on this market that I ever seen write something like that about brazilian customers.

You are a realy luck brazilian. I have been blocked by a bunch of providers for different servers. There was one time that I had to literally spend one week proving that I'm the person I said I was so I could donate a server for a project. And almost every single time the said the same thing "We had too much problems with credit card fraud from your country"

tr1cky said: it seems like you won't face any legal consequences in your country

That's mainly because most ISP are really awful, and lazy.

I worked for an ISP from 2008 to 2012 and at that time there were no reliable way to know which customer was using said IP if it had already passed more than 72 hours.

Nowadays it should be different since we have a law that forces ISP to retain log for six month (or something like that)

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

@tr1cky said:

I would be inclined to agree, 60% of orders I have received from Brazil were fraudulent, This has been the same for many many years. I too have had a similar experience with Indonesia. Sad really - they ruin it for the rest of them.

• EkaatyLinux said: maybe only for freebies and free hosting.

Or if "mail" is in the hostname on the initial VPS order

• zeitgeistzeitgeist Member
    edited October 2015

@miTgiB said:
    I think this is mostly a cultural thing. Many are using false info for fear of their government.

Let's not forget that plenty of (LET) providers hide their information as well. Hidden whois, no valid contact information, no company information, shell companies, you name it... it's kinda ironic when they question their customers' legitimacy. :o

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • sdglhm said: They probably hate you because you ate their friend. Fred, the chicken. ;) It's a matter of perspective

You're confusing Chinese with French.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallic_rooster

• tr1cky said: Actually, the only two countries I would refuse orders from are Indonesia and Brazil, haven't even seen a legit Indonesian customer yet.

i'm the only legit one.
    if not, then I will never be able to get the server/vps directly from provider like ovh, hetzner, or leaseweb. they are quite strict in the verification process

• @jenok are you Indonesian or Taiwanese?

• rokokrokok Member
    edited November 2015

@Bayu said:

Jez your the only one?