Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are there a lot of service providers hate Chinese people?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why are there a lot of service providers hate Chinese people?

Why are there a lot of service providers hate Chinese people? I do not know.
like:OVH or more.

Thanked by 1BrotherLegend

Comments

• MadMad Member
    edited October 2015

That's not true. Why do you think it?
    I can say though that strangely most of chinese people use the services for illegal activities.

Thanked by 34n0nx netomx sunwei922
  • They don't hate chinese people, probably a majority of their orders from Chinese IP's are probably fraud, so instead of filtering out the good ones they just block all Chinese orders to save them the hassle.

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

The fraud orders don't make it easy for the legit orders. Don't take it personal.

Thanked by 24n0nx Mark_R
  • That's not about hate. However, many company works based on Risk Management, and they take measures to reduce the risk.

Risk doesn't come only from fraud, but also misunderstanding due to language barrier that they think will take quite an effort to deal with, such as understanding the AUP and TOS.

Many people (especially non native speaker) don't read/understand the AUP and TOS, and they rely on word of mouth from friends, and sometimes they unintentionally break the AUP and TOS.

• @vRozenSch00n said: but many chinese known english.
    That's not about hate. However, many company works based on Risk Management, and they take measures to reduce the risk.

Risk doesn't come only from fraud, but also misunderstanding due to language barrier that they think will take quite an effort to deal with, such as understanding the AUP and TOS.

Many people (especially non native speaker) don't read/understand the AUP and TOS, and they rely on word of mouth from friends, and sometimes they unintentionally break the AUP and TOS.

• kill all chinese is bad idear .

Thanked by 3Mark_R yingchun Pwner
  • RBHRBH Member

@qzjqjh said:
    kill all chinese is bad idear .

Yes.

• Sorry if low end VPS market isn't equal opportunity.

If some VPS providers won't deal with you because of the country you are in, find one that will. Someone, somewhere is providing VPS to people in China. I guarantee it.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • qzjqjh said: but many chinese known english

I know, but some providers had bad experience due to the language barrier. They also spread the news by word of mouth about this their problem, and many who hasn't had that experience simply take risk management measure such as:

1. reject orders

2. make them pay some large deposit

3. ask for a photo ID

etc

• I think most Chinese people use vps for personal vpn, which probably is one of the providers's most favorite usage. I guess.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @qzjqjh China is a big country with very large potential market for hosting industry. So I think there is no reason for service providers to hate Chinese people :)

Thanked by 2netomx hotsnow
  • qzjqjh said: kill all chinese is bad idear .

Why? Providers are businesses, not charities.

• It's probably because bags of rice are the number 1 cause of death.

• @vRozenSch00n said:and i live in canada i can buy canada OVH? maybe .
    qzjqjh China is a big country with very large potential market for hosting industry. So I think there is no reason for service providers to hate Chinese people :)

• when i was in the industry we never had a problem with china based customers it was actually the americans who caused problems (excessive moaning, fraud etc)

Thanked by 2colingpt yingchun
  • colingptcolingpt Member
    edited October 2015

@elgs said:
    I think most Chinese people use vps for personal vpn, which probably is one of the providers's most favorite usage. I guess.

exactly... and most of us will not use it frequently, even forget it at all some points...

I do use it for learning Linux but as interest cooling down.... vpn is the most common use, maybe twice per month? lol

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    Why? Providers are businesses, not charities.

You are absolutely wrong. Providers are not charities and that's why they need the Chinese. If they can manage to use the proper tools and proper team, they can deal with the Chinese people just fine. And once you get the Chinese customer base, dude you are rich!

The main concern for most companies is that they either don't know how to deal with the potential fraud issues or they cannot deal with it. You have to physically been to China and studied the market for this to be successful, which large companies don't bother and small companies can't afford. A couple or to guys know Chinese won't make it work.

• And just to add that I'm fine with providers asking for ID, except ovh, they are shit and they ask for ID with my picture, my name, my address and my birthday. That's too much info for them, identity theft is a real concern.

• cupidcupid Member, Host Rep

i'm very happy with Chinese people orders,
    never have any issues with any of them !

• qzjqjh said: and i live in canada i can buy canada OVH? maybe

Sure you can.

• Actually, the only two countries I would refuse orders from are Indonesia and Brazil, haven't even seen a legit Indonesian customer yet.

Thanked by 24n0nx colingpt
  • I have so many Chinese clients and I have no problem with any of them, they go through the same security check as any other client and I have no problems with them at all.

Thanked by 1colingpt
  • Cause providers like u had pretty good experience with running off?

P.S: For those who are new and do not know this drama:

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/31135/hostqz-3-5-usd-month-core2-2g-20g-hdd-512gb-500gb-america/p2

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • China is my best client base few clients from china bought x300 VPS they now up with me from last 7 months zero abuse or any abuse reports :) probably maxmind mark is as fraud due IP

Thanked by 1colingpt
  • pretty sure there won't be as many data centers in North America and Europe if China didn't take up servers or services :)

Thanked by 1colingpt
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2015

I've never had a problem with orders from China. They've almost always been friendly, just a language barrier at times.

Thanked by 2colingpt TheOnlyDK
  • tr1cky said: a legit Indonesian customer yet.

I am the only legit one :P

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @tr1cky said:
    Actually, the only two countries I would refuse orders from are Indonesia and Brazil, haven't even seen a legit Indonesian customer yet.

I'm legit Indonesian too. :D

• Start accepting Alipay, you'll notice how your abuse follows... spam/scam/copyright complaints

• because 90% of attacks to my servers are from china?