Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM ddos protection review - FAKE CUSTOMER
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM ddos protection review - FAKE CUSTOMER

edited October 2015 in Reviews

Edit: Ticket shown by OP is fake.

BuyVM DDos protection does NOT work at all. My VPS is attacked all the time and they don't defend from the ddos and I can't connect through SSH. Support says this is normal for UDP floods so why can't they defend my server? Is there a DDos protected VPs that is not shit please and is not a scam?

I lost $90 from buyvm scammers

Comments

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited October 2015

Is it normal for SSH to be blocked in a DDoS attack? I thought Voxility only filters ICMP O.o

EDIT: Why does Voxility actually stop ICMP when under attack?

• I don't care for ICMP to my server, I just want to see my website & use SSH access so I can see what is going on without the rude support replies.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
  • oalarooalaro Member
    edited October 2015

When i used buyvm I had protected ip and unprotected one. I'm pretty sure that it's still like that today. When i got attacked I could still access ssh through unprotected ip. BuyVM is definitely not a scam.

• True no scam company.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Could you get me a ticket ID?

I'm assuming you aren't actually using your filtered IP and that's what's going down. If the unfiltered is your main IP it'll likely kill your connectivity due to a nullroute.

Trust me, the filtering works just fine since our site is under constant floods.

Francisco

Thanked by 3teknolaiz Pwner Fusl
  • @Jar said:
    Nominated for best misuse of the word "scam" for October 08, 2015.

The day is not over yet! ;-)

Thanked by 1jar
  • We should keep a running total of the hosts who haven't been accused of scamming, it'll be smaller than the list of ones who have :-/

Thanked by 3netomx Pwner ATHK
  • @Amitz said:
    The day is not over yet! ;-)

Are you saying that @Jar is scam?

Thanked by 3jar netomx TriDoxiuM

@linuxthefish said:
    Is it normal for SSH to be blocked in a DDoS attack? I thought Voxility only filters ICMP O.o

EDIT: Why does Voxility actually stop ICMP when under attack?

Because in reflection attacks they will spam back ICMP with port unreachable. You can end up tanking 100s of mbit of ICMP from it.

Francisco

• i know buyvm very good for cheap vps with antiddos, them no scammer anymore dude, maybe you wrong where ip primary and where ip filtering, need setting up ip for public,

buyvm also have 2 options for antiddos,
    1. sensor detect
    2. permanent

• LeeLee Veteran

Nekki said: We should keep a running total of the hosts who haven't been accused of scamming

And put them in a group called "No customers".

• @yhuza no scammer anymore so they were scammer before?

Thanked by 24n0nx tr1cky
  • yhuza said: buyvm [...] no scammer anymore

Thanked by 2tr1cky Frecyboy
  • @Frecyboy said:
    yhuza no scammer anymore so they were scammer before?

stop troll idiot dude, its not joking for ..

Thanked by 1tr1cky
  • Why is Aldryic C'boas very rude in talking to everyone, I see reviews here he say's shit, fuck to everyone and makes a bad service

Thanked by 34n0nx tr1cky Chalipa
  • @premiumcheaphosting said:
    Why is Aldryic C'boas very rude in talking to everyone, I see reviews here he say's shit, fuck to everyone and makes a bad service

Nope. You really have to get him really mad to get him being unfriendly to you. So I guess you did piss him off really hard.

• MunMun Member

@premiumcheaphosting said:
    Why is Aldryic C'boas very rude in talking to everyone, I see reviews here he say's shit, fuck to everyone and makes a bad service

As I have stated on LET previously , I have had my issues with Aldryic, but they aren't a scam in any shape or form. Francisco does a great job and is always willing to help (to a flaw). I also highly doubt that you are using the proper DDOS IP if your ssh is getting nulled as well. I know this due to me being a customer using there VOX DDOS protection. The only time that would happen remotely is if the attacker was targeting your SSH port.

Thanked by 2netomx vRozenSch00n
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Sigh,

Voxility protection can be a bit rough, but it does work.

• MunMun Member

@premiumcheaphosting

Could you please post your ticket ID or PM @Francisco it. Might shed some light into your "issue".

Thanked by 1FredQc
  • IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited October 2015

BuyVM and Scam does not go in the same sentence / title very well, id advise someone to change that. Also with BuyVM I believe your main server IP is not protected, that might be the problem.

• oalarooalaro Member
    edited October 2015

He doesn't screw around with morons like you. He says what he think is right and gets stuff done.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Mun said: Could you please post your ticket ID or PM @Francisco it. Might shed some light into your "issue".

I believe he posted a screenshot? Should be easy to find by entering some phrase there in a query.

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2015

If they use Voxility, then ICPM will be blocked, SSH should still work fine. I think what you are experiencing is a Layer7 attack (HTTP Flood), which is maxing out your VPS's CPU and preventing you from accessing it. Try CloudFlare's WAF. If you use both Voxility and CF, then it will be pretty solid.

Voxility Layer7 can protect against certain things, however seems like you require DNS level protection.

• He hasn't ever been rude to me the times I've ticketed in. In fact, I'd say he was always professional and friendly.

You must have produced something to get the ire of Aldryic. What that was, we don't know.

Maounique said: I believe he posted a screenshot? Should be easy to find by entering some phrase there in a query.

See, that's the interesting one @maounique.

We use M/D/YYYY for our date formatting, so the OP's issue would've been from August, and not today. From what Aldryic is saying the fellow demanded his account be deleted, meaning his tickets would've gone with him.

With that being said, the OP probably didn't have a filtered IP, or was using the wrong one. By default, even when a filtered IP is purchased, your main IP is your unprotected. It's possible the OP was using that IP, but there are countless customers that don't even have their unfiltered IP bound and only use their filtered and are perfectly fine.

BTW, the OP was refunded so he didn't 'lose $90' on us. Aldryic will never nuke an account that has active transactions, so that's the only way his account would be missing.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Frecyboy
  • I'm starting to wonder if posters on LET know what the word "scam" means...

• sabbo2001 said: I'm starting to wonder if posters on LET know what the word "scam" means...

Most don't, it's been scientifically proven.

Thanked by 2sabbo2001 Maounique
This discussion has been closed.