Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

URPad -- Cpu load says it all - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

URPad -- Cpu load says it all

Comments

• seriously guys, stop arguing. both of your companies look really unprofessional, have you ever seen any successful companies bashing each other? this wouldn't get you any clients and will only make your reputation look even worst

• edited December 2012

@miTgiB

Not a single part of this thread is even remotely considered as a "real discussion"

• JacobJacob Member
    edited December 2012

Good read!

/continue the drama

@Jack Jeff @ BL has something to say against every other provider in the same market. Cool guy though.

• LV_MattLV_Matt Member
    edited December 2012

Although @CVPS_Kevin can be a little hot headed and bad tempered at times. I can confirm however that at the time @CVPS_Kevin got the offer of a job for CVPS, Kevin was still working for URPad at the time, he did however consider this for a while due to the relocation. That is all that I am aware of on this situation.

When Kevin had made his decision he immediately notified Chris at URPad.

• LeeLee Veteran

@LV_Matt and you can confirm this how? Not that I am interested or care but you would have seen some evidence of what your suggesting to be able to confirm it?

I suppose there are only 2 people that really know what has happened and neither have the same version, so a mystery it shall remain...... :)

• @W1V_Lee said: @LV_Matt and you can confirm this how? Not that I am interested or care but you would have seen some evidence of what your suggesting to be able to confirm it?

Because Kevin asked me what he should do about it, since my primary job is in HR. I won't divulge into pretty much detail here, and to be fair me and Kevin don't always get on, I personally find I get on much better with Chris who is usually more level headed.

• LeeLee Veteran

Wasn't being critical, but that's my point, it's all a he said, she said type scenario.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

My last comment in this thread: ChicagoVPS has never been better since the addition of Kevin, and customers have noticed this considerably both mentioning it in the public and private emails. Any customer that was dissatisfied with ChicagoVPS in the past, I give you the opportunity to come back and give it a try and will even throw in a free month. Kevin is a very hard working, always on top of things and should never be looked down upon like others have in this thread.

PS: Kevin was not fired, I offered him a job months ago. With Jeremiahs departure, I came back asking again and he saw it as an opportunity to move on with his career.

If anyone wants to have a serious discussion about this, you can PM me or email me at Chris[at]Chicagovps.net

• Yawn

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited December 2012

Big statement given he has only been there a couple of weeks.... Was your support really that bad? Obviously was given your statements above.

But hey good luck to all, I care about my services more than this, as long as you don't make another monumental fuck up at CVPS like you did recently all will be good :)

• "have you ever seen any successful companies bashing each other? "

Ummm....

http://battellemedia.com/archives/2005/09/ballmer_throws_a_chair_at_fing_google.php

• edited December 2012

@HalfEatenPie said: They state "no game servers allowed".

Thanks for your opinion on this from a non-provider.

I'd just like to point out that we allow Minecraft on our OVZ servers and havent had much trouble at all from attackers or high bandwidth usage.

As someone stated above, it's all about the monitoring. + ensuring you're truly able to provide a service which allows the customer to use the service for what it's meant for. Why isn't this being taken seriously around the market?

• Low End Talk: A place were VPS providers piss on each other when they're down. Bright place guys, Bright place.

• @Mun said: Low End Talk: A place were VPS providers piss on each other when they're down. Bright place guys, Bright place.

Only the insecure hosts do that

• @Mun said: Low End Talk: A place were VPS providers piss on each other when they're down. Bright place guys, Bright place.

• I'm not a VPS host @kbeezie

• Instead of commenting on any 'content' of this thread, I'm more curious as to why that couch is perforated. I've never seen a perforated couch before, and with a cat I imagine that makes cleaning the couch an absolute pain.

• @MannDude said: Instead of commenting on any 'content' of this thread, I'm more curious as to why that couch is perforated. I've never seen a perforated couch before, and with a cat I imagine that makes cleaning the couch an absolute pain.

I've never seen a perforated couch either, but I know in cars it's done for aesthetic reasons as well as air flow so I would assume the same principle applies to couches.

• @Mun said: I'm not a VPS host @kbeezie

Just putting what you said into picture.

• ohh, thought somehow that was directed at me.

• edited December 2012

@nunim said: I've never seen a perforated couch either, but I know in cars it's done for aesthetic reasons as well as air flow so I would assume the same principle applies to couches.

This is probably true. I bet that couch is comfortable. Cat may or may not have down syndrome though. Something to consider.

EDIT: Looks like the Ed Bighead from Rocko's Modern Life.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@MannDude said: Cat may or may not have down syndrome though.

My herring is blue, tho.

• Get me a cheaper VPS !!

• How about an offer to migrate to the other host if unhappy

• semowebsemoweb Member
    edited December 2012

@LV_Matt said: Although @CVPS_Kevin can be a little hot headed and bad tempered at times. I can confirm however that at the time @CVPS_Kevin got the offer of a job for CVPS, Kevin was still working for URPad at the time, he did however consider this for a while due to the relocation. That is all that I am aware of on this situation.

When Kevin had made his decision he immediately notified Chris at URPad.

Heh so FTN-Chris tried lying and saying he fired Kevin? Lol

I told you guys, now its happening; providers bashing each other.

• @GIANT_CRAB said: I told you guys, now its happening; providers bashing each other.

This has been happening for a while.

• @semoweb said: Heh so FTN-Chris tried lying and saying he fired Kevin? Lol

It's simply one man's words versus another. If what I heard regarding Kevin was true, then he was fired and for good cause. But i'm in no place to share what that was, nor do I really care. If Kevin is happy, I'm glad. He always seemed like a decent guy over at WHT and his leaving URPad allowed me to join, which is good for me and if he's happier with ChicagoVPS, that's good for him.

• @GIANT_CRAB said: providers bashing each other.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited December 2012

@semoweb - How did you figure that out that FTN-Chris is lying? As per my point earlier all we know is that LV_Matt had a discussion with Kevin and that the offer of a job (for the 2nd time) was on the table from CVPS_Chris. It's equally possible that Kevin being fired was the reason he took the job with CVPS.

@CVPS_Kevin - Martin and I are shilling for FTN_Chris huh? Well can you teach us how to do it better? After all you do now work for the company that has been banned from WHT for that exact reason. You know this anyway as your CVPS signature was removed as you are not allowed to promote a banned company. I am sure you can't even respond to threads related to CVPS either.

If someone is lying and it's found out let's take them out back and beat the shit out of them rather than keep talking about it, however search WHT for Kevin's comments, especially if you are a premium member, FTN_Chris banned him from posting at least once due to the upset he causes to many members with his rubbish, there is more reason to point to him being fired than having left in my view having seen a lot of various goings on than just a couple of vague posts here.