Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

URPad -- Cpu load says it all - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

URPad -- Cpu load says it all

Comments

• network and io is much better now, but my hosted site is sluggish. maybe cpu? but i thought cpu is the most prentiful resource in a vps node

• @HalfEatenPie said: Minecraft is a major I/O abusing software (also java in itself takes up a large amount of resources).

As far as I see, any customers can use what they have been allocated (memory wise) if that is the problem with Java. Other than that we don't see it being CPU abusive.

As to minecraft and gaming in general. It really depends. Light usage with a few users should be fine. Doesn't abuse any resources. Heavy usage crammed into a small instance is a different story.

• @concerto49: yeah but in generality that's the reasoning behind it.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@NinjaHawk_Roel said: Not to forget "Hardcore H@x00r" skids. Gameservers tend to attract highest number of DDOS skids due to their user base.

That's definitely true, although we've seen more DDoS against non-MC at RamNode than MC.

• @dragonballz2k said: @HalfEatenPie yes but is no minecraft in the tos? Do you see other companies leave response like that? I understand this is a small company, but he could of just said something nicer. It makes you look good in public :)

http://www.urpad.net/terms-of-service.shtml - minecraft is explictly banned in the TOS.

• First of urpad isn't a small company, it is apart of a larger company. My guess is there rep went down the drain with a former name and then renamed them self urpad. Please note I haven't really looked into this, so I am just guessing.

As I have stated before, urpad allows you to buy a vps for the intent of not using it. They have a ton of TOS fully built on limiting your service. Whats even more funny is you can't run a minecraft on a dedicated server with them, at least via the TOS, so they are just using it as an excuse that is has high IO and such. My guess is that they don't want there IPs scarred.

I won't ever suggest urpad after a highly rude response. I know I was running a game server, but when I started it was just "minecraft" and not tf2 or gameservers, I made sure I was never over 4 on cpu load, and didn't overload the box, not to mention that after you forcefully shut down my instance you couldn't revive it, so I lost all the files on that server. Thankfully I am smart enough to rebuild the servers on the fly, but you still fail at running a service.

@halfeatenpie, I never have asked vps companies to bow down to me, but I would like some communication from them. Like X node is having issues. They could have sent me an email and I would have shutdown the servers instantly and moved without having an issue at all, but instead they just shutdown the server and hope you come and ask why? Give me a 24 hour notice, something, but they gave me absolutely nothing.

@fresher_06 I suggest you move to a new host rather then figuring out one day that you violate there TOS. (such as high load)

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

@FTN_Chris Brain dead people at your company. I was running a Minecraft server on my other VPS, and you didn't even notice. You. Didn't. Even Bloody Notice. Your entire is stupid, and incoherent. Go to school.

• @RobertJFClarke said: @FTN_Chris Brain dead people at your company. I was running a Minecraft server on my other VPS, and you didn't even notice. You. Didn't. Even Bloody Notice. Your entire is stupid, and incoherent. Go to school.

Ughh? way to just state your an idiot. facepalm

@Mun Sir, in what way?

• So you intentionally violated their tos robert? You are a bloody moron.

• @FTNChris said: You are just mad because you couldn't read the Terms of Service when signing up and was denied the ability to run MineCraft. Stop trolling kid go outside and play.

@RobertJFClarke said: Brain dead people at your company. I was running a Minecraft server on my other VPS, and you didn't even notice. You. Didn't. Even Bloody Notice. Your entire is stupid, and incoherent. Go to school.

Uh-oh. I think I know where this is going.

• WintereiseWintereise Member
    edited December 2012

Now now, you don't create large companies with being brain dead ;)

Why don't we all try calming down? This is making you seem like a 12 year old.

As Concerto said, the only way to get noticed running minecraft is cram too many users on small plans, so I see nothing stupid about that. I mean, I'm sure the guy has other things to be doing than monitoring for minecraft 24/7 (As not all Java is minecraft, you can't just ps aux it)

• MunMun Member
    edited December 2012

@RobertJKClarke you just made yourself sound like a little baby trying to stick it to the man. There is a thing about violating TOS, and there is a thing about unknowingly violating TOS. If your intention is to violate TOS I fully support you getting your VPS canceled. Your asking for it and then complain, just so that you can complain.

sigh

• akeraker Member
    edited December 2012

rpad.net on my blacklist@Mun> they just shutdown the server and hope you come and ask why? Give me a 24 hour notice, something, but they gave me absolutely nothing.>

• MunMun Member
    edited December 2012

(Forum Nazi here)

edited December 2012

Already done enough damage to my personal reputation (edit: on this forum). Stepping out of this argument.

• You and your popcorn.

• @Mun said: You and your popcorn.

@Zen has competition

• Biggest bite I've seen yet, lol!

• edited December 2012

@RobertJFClarke said: Brain dead people at your company. I was running a Minecraft server on my other VPS, and you didn't even notice. You. Didn't. Even Bloody Notice. Your entire is stupid, and incoherent. Go to school.

To other clients we have that frequent this forum: Have an issue? Submit a ticket. We've got a support team for a reason. Remember, URPad has thousands of clients and many nodes in many locations. Can everyone be happy all the time? No, of course not. But the vast majority of customers are happy and we will always try to accommodate those who are not.

The TOS itself isn't all that hard to understand. The phrase, "Gameservers (e.g., Minecraft) are prohibited on our servers" is pretty straight forward and leaves little room for a misunderstanding. :)

edited December 2012

Mine:

• WintereiseWintereise Member
    edited December 2012

Use the html image tags to embed images.

• edited December 2012

Just use html.

EDIT: I see the two posts above mine have been edited.

• @RobertJFClarke said: I was running a Minecraft server on my other VPS, and you didn't even notice.

• Wow, this is some serious shit eh?

inb4 providers starting bashing other providers.

• NexusNexus Member
    edited December 2012

@GIANT_CRAB said: inb4 providers starting bashing other providers.

LOL Whats new :D

• Come on guys this isn't iWipo......

• I think a lot of the problems with support at URPad will have been rectified now with a change in staff.