Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

URPad -- Cpu load says it all
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

URPad -- Cpu load says it all

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Why is your top sorted by process ID? Can you sort it be CPU% so we can see the whole story?

• @KuJoe .. its sorted by CPU% only --

• K: %CPU = CPU usage
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Good luck with that then. :)

• Doesn't look like so.

• Could be a sixteen core server, who knows..

• The high load is because of the %wa
    Yours is 25% which isn't good

• @Spencer -- the server was completely non responsive ..

• @fresher_06 said: @Spencer -- the server was completely non responsive ..

Its most likely because of the host node.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Yes, wait for that much means probably storage problem.

• @fresher First of all Lowendtalk is not a help desk if you think you are going to get help on your issue by posting here you are mistaken as no-one else can help you with your issue.

Have you opened a ticket for we can investigate the node which you reside? If so could you PM me your ticket ID?

Normally, a provider must have alarms in place, if that lasts more than a few minutes, someone should automatically look into it.
    However, monitoring systems might fail too.

• Mine too.I set "uptime" crond to run every 1 min,and the high load appear almost 20mins and will last for 1 to 3 mins.So I let the 12$yearly go for 9$ after 1week I get it.Urpad will be on my blacklist for at least 6 month.

• Node 'Titanium' ?

@Maounique said: However, monitoring systems might fail too.

Sorry for quoting myself, but it reminded me of this:
    http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2008-02-15/

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

@FTNChris You've finally reared your ugly urhead. Your service is terrible, as confirmed here, and by me right now.

• Mine is on $12/year, running quite good.
    Though sometimes a little bit slow and unresponsive. What can you expect for $12/year?
    I can live with it :)

• @FTNChris said: if you think you are going to get help on your issue by posting here you are mistaken as no-one else can help you with your issue.

don't think OP was posting for help ! this is more of an awareness on whats happening , plus early warning on what to expect

• I thought URPad as really good... providers seem to tarnish their reputation really fast here.

• Just wait till they kick u out for having a load average over 4.00

• @fresher_06 said: fresher_06 10:19AM Flag

http://i.imgur.com/uv30B.png -- Something more ..

Same as mine,nothing allocate the cpu resource but the load goes high every 20mins,and at this time even a wordpress sample page is unable to open.

• @Cirium .. Running very less services with CPU% = 0% .. for all of my processes but the Avg load shows 5 .. surely ... somebody else is extensively using it all the time ..

• @Maounique said: Normally, a provider must have alarms in place, if that lasts more than a few minutes, someone should automatically look into it.

However, monitoring systems might fail too

Yeah you are correct things do fail you can have what you believe is the best monitoring software out there and if it's not setup properly it's as good as nothing.

@LES said: Node 'Titanium' ?

This node has stabilized I am having someone keep an eye on it. The monitoring system on here was running but there was a value that wasn't changed when it was setup so it wasn't alerting properly when it spiked.

@RobertJFClarke said: You've finally reared your ugly urhead. Your service is terrible, as confirmed here, and by me right now.

You are just mad because you couldn't read the Terms of Service when signing up and was denied the ability to run MineCraft. Stop trolling kid go outside and play.

• Yep that's urpad. Give u great specs but won't let u run anything but apache or nginx.

• @FTNChris why not allow minecraft it creative to people. Your also talking very rude. He is your customer Right?

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited December 2012

@dragonballz2k said: why not allow minecraft it creative to people. Your also talking very rude. He is your customer Right?

Minecraft is a major I/O abusing software (also java in itself takes up a large amount of resources). This is why many hosts don't allow Minecraft. He has the right to reduce the amount of possible I/O abuse.

Also, he's not being rude, he's being realistic here.

• NHRoelNHRoel Member
    edited December 2012

@HalfEatenPie said: Minecraft is a major I/O abusing software (also java in itself takes up a large amount of resources). This is why many hosts don't allow Minecraft. He has the right to reduce the amount of possible I/O abuse.

Not to forget "Hardcore H@x00r" skids. Gameservers tend to attract highest number of DDOS skids due to their user base.

• @HalfEatenPie yes but is no minecraft in the tos? Do you see other companies leave response like that? I understand this is a small company, but he could of just said something nicer. It makes you look good in public :)

• NHRoelNHRoel Member
    edited December 2012

@dragonballz2k said: @HalfEatenPie yes but is no minecraft in the tos? Do you see other companies leave response like that? I understand this is a small company, but he could of just said something nicer. It makes you look good in public :)

Give him a break man. May be he is having a bad day or maybe Op decided to make issue public before contacting them which pissed him a bit. Thing happens mate :)

• @dragonballz2k said: yes but is no minecraft in the tos?

They won't say specifically minecraft because it doesn't only apply to that. They state "no game servers allowed". This is because game servers are one of the "honeypots" of DDoS. DDoS, which would cause more headaches (loss of network), possibly getting kicked out of the datacenter (Remember back in the day with IPXCore?), and oh yeah I forgot... HUGE BANDWIDTH BILLS.

I'm not a company. I'm a single individual who uses VPS for personal uses. I just get tired of people constantly stating "because I'm a customer I demand the royal treatment and if I don't then I'll lie and complain to the internet about you.".