Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net new limited offers 3815 & 3915 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net new limited offers 3815 & 3915

Comments

• edited September 2015

I just can't get stable speeds when trying to download from the online.net test servers. Just can.t hovers around 3MB a second for about a minute then up to 5MB/s for 30 seconds then below 1MB/s

FiOS is great.... within the US......not to EURO

Edit:

If there was a deal like this in the US/and or NA even with 100mbit line only I would take it as FiOS works better with US/NA routes. But sad to have to miss this one.

• Nah, still not good enough to make me leave my 26€ hetzner, but glad to see them keep doing these things.

• dafuk,
    my money will go away to online.net :3

• ayukas said: Nah, still not good enough to make me leave my 26€ hetzner, but glad to see them keep doing these things.

Well there was a 20€ offer a little while ago..

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

additional 20 IPv4 will be very expensive as it will cost €20.00 (for business service level) + €1.99 * 20 = €59.8

cost of 20 IPv4 is more than rent of server.

• @4n0nx said:
    Well there was a 20€ offer a little while ago..

I know you're talking about that Serbian company, but I didn't know how it ends, is your server still alive?

My hetzner is ordered from their auction page, one of those 3770s with 2x3TB HDD, the lowest price once I saw should be 23.xx€ without VAT.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited September 2015

ayukas said: I know you're talking about that Serbian company, but I didn't know how it ends, is your server still alive?

My hetzner is ordered from their auction page, one of those 3770s with 2x3TB HDD, the lowest price once I saw should be 23.xx€ without VAT.

no i mean http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/63419/online-net-dedibox-limited-1115-is-back/p1

The Serbian company worked well until Hetzner suspended all their servers and they did not give refunds and deleted all facebook comments. -.-

edit: wow 23.xx without VAT o.O yeah maybe not worth switching then..

• rauppe31rauppe31 Member, Host Rep

Really nice offer from online.net

• Hello,

On this limited edition server we can not guarantee any bandwidth.

Regards,

Benedikt R.

• @Sixell said:
    On this limited edition server we can not guarantee any bandwidth.

That's a bit of a let down...

• I wish they would give more than just 1 IP for free..

• @Hybrid said:
    I wish they would give more than just 1 IP for free..

I finally got a online server. What is the cost if I need 3-4 more IPs?

• Think I'm going to stick with the last special and save my wallet some pain, even though this is also a great deal.

• mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited September 2015

@myhken said:

12 Eur setup + 8 Eur/mo

(3 eur setup fee per IP + 2 eur month per IP)

Thanked by 1myhken
  • @Sixell said:

Benedikt R.

woah.... you are basically paying them....... or the HW.

they could give you 1mbit if they wanted.

• @mikeyur said:
    (3 eur setup fee per IP + 2 eur month per IP)

Can you use Failover IPs as normal IPs, or do you have to order the extra IPs from support?

• Was there any guaranteed bandwidth with the 19,99 offer?

• @Amitz said:
    Was there any guaranteed bandwidth with the 19,99 offer?

Yes, 200mbit/s

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • If only Online.net would provide users with a BGP session or allow them to announce IP space :(

Thanked by 2netomx linuxthefish
  • @rmlhhd said:
    If only Online.net would provide users with a BGP session or allow them to announce IP space :(

+1.

• coolicecoolice Member
    edited September 2015

@Sixell said:

About guaranteed bandwidth: blame guys that have pushed promo servers to the limit just to not idle them... and to see when provider cuts them .... (thread about 40TB €1.99) there some guys on that which mention to push 10 TB ask how to push more just to provoke Online

I told you that that will happened nice offer become not so nice ... when you are not nice with the provider ...

Thanked by 4netomx jar Rolter scy
  • With 1TB USB drive makes a nice torrenting box

• @pbalazs123 said:
    4n0nx You have to check the link every day, or IRC :)

Can you please link to their IRC ? I have been searching for a while now and irc.online.net's java applet seems to be broken .

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Rolter said:

"You can also connect from your usual customer IRC: irc.online.net #Online"

>

• myhkenmyhken Member
    edited September 2015

How do I get KVM over IP to work, I have installed Debian (was told that I had to have a OS before KVM over IP option got there).

And/or - how to install Joodles Windows image on the server?

• Not bad, but can't justify spending €10 more (than the last special) just for a beefier CPU when I'm not touching the sides right now.

Thanked by 3vimalware netomx scy
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited September 2015

@Nekki said:
    Not bad, but can't justify spending €10 more (than the last special) just for a beefier CPU when I'm not touching the sides right now.

Yeah, the 19.99's 412GB(usable) SAS + p410 controller is a nice performing combo.

For once, I have an easy 'NO' call .

edit: disk capacity

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • Stupid 1TB drive adds business service...

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • their probably trying out on new prices. everyone would do, if their promos get sold out that fast like the 19.99 ones...
    longer available stock directly shows the impact of another pricing, but from their point of view their is probably no need to get those things sold in minutes.

prices tend to rise everywhere, even on hetzner auction you wont be able to get one of those 2x3TB servers anything below 30 € (excl. VAT) anymore.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2015

@coolice said:
    I told you that that will happened nice offer become not so nice ... when you are not nice with the provider ...

Yep. Overselling (network in this case) works but when people actively attempt to sabotage it, the company isn't the one that loses... The customer is the one that loses.

Thanked by 2coolice mehargags