Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zare Suspension - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Zare Suspension

124»

Comments

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

@TarZZ92 said:
    Downloading torrents is not illegal you idiot.

Im referring to the fact that a copyrighted movie was downloaded, no torrenting itself.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited September 2015

Zare said: Im referring to the fact that a copyrighted movie was downloaded, no torrenting itself.

then perhaps you should have made that more clear. Your own words made it sound like everyone who torrents are breaking the law.

• @TarZZ92 said:
    then perhaps you should have made that more clear. Your own words made it sound like everyone who torrents are breaking the law.

I've a bundle of hairs I need splitting if you're interested.

Thanked by 2Zare XFS_Duke
  • Nekki said: I've a bundle of hairs I need splitting if you're interested.

Good Community work looser.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited September 2015

Zare said: Its a shame you have cancelled, but I guess it may be for the best in this case.

Yes it indeed is for the best. such a lame excuse for a Network. with random packetloss.

Disconnect from the VPN at least once a day. LA VPN been up and running solid the last couple of days. without any disconnects..

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • ZareZare Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2015

@jmckeag12 said:
    Disconnect from the VPN at least once a day. LA VPN been up and running solid the last couple of days. without any disconnects..

There are plenty of reasons why this could be occurring;

1. You're based in West Coast US? The VPS is hosted in Bristol, United Kingdom - could have been any T-1 carrier between you and us that may of had an blip in their network.

2. A DDoS may have occurred on your IP and if it was in "sensor-mode" then there would be a 5-10 second disconnect whilst the traffic is redirected to the closest packet-scrubbing
      location.

3. Another user on your VPN.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited September 2015

@Zare said:
    3. Another user on your VPN.

1, I'm from the UK so Manchester to Bristol. still experienced problems.

2, This was indeed not due to DoS or DDoS it was a routing issue as soon as it was hitting Telia(s) Network. had the routes on the destination network modified several times. and no change. the issue would be resolved. and then reoccur again and again..

3, This issue would happen any time it was certainly not due to another user.

You can see the issue occur for yourself by monitoring the IP 104.255.227.133 through your network. and you will see issue I am describing above. occur at least once a day or more.

• Host4GoHost4Go Member
    edited September 2015

@jmckeag12 said:
    You can see the issue occur for yourself by monitoring the IP 104.255.227.133 through your network. and you will see issue I am describing above. occur at least once a day or more.

Give it a rest

• You broke the TOS (doesn't matter who on your side)
    • You got suspended
    • You dashed out in this forum expecting sympathy
    • You canceled the service

Now stop bad mouthing a service provider you enjoyed until you go suspended. They followed their TOS, its a shame you can't trust the people you give access to your VPS, it´s on you. not them.

And to people saying "bah bah buy services from a no US company instead", if that's all you have to say, you are just sad.

Now, let's get back to the drama.

• jmckeag12 said: Yes it indeed is for the best. such a lame excuse for a Network. with random packetloss.

Not the best of networks either

http://bgp.he.net/AS200039

• TarZZ92 said: Not the best of networks either

Zare are taking DDoS mitigated transit from Bandwidth Technologies (AS25369). If they were to plug into other networks, the traffic from those networks would be unmitigated. That would obviously be a problem..

Thanked by 1Fusl
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited September 2015

@TarZZ92 said:
    Good Community work looser.

Having a laugh at unnecessary pedantry is clearly of huge detriment to the community, I see this now. To make it up to you I'd like to give some advice just for you:

It's spelt 'loser'.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @Nekki said:
    It's spelt 'loser'.

Lol.

• Nekki said: Why do you believe you're entitled to some kind of warning before suspension? Is there anything in the ToS that suggests you should have received one?

This is one of the most aggravating things about being a host. "OMFG Y U SUSPEND ME WITH NO WARNING UR SHIT HOST HELP SCAM FRAUD" on things that we tell them not to do in the terms of service that they clicked a little check-box that they read the terms of service and agreed to them.

Thanked by 2AuroraZ Nekki
  • Tsk tsk, not reading the TOS.

I'd say a good 10% or so will have a provision about fining you if they get a DMCA complaint and after 'investigating it' find it to be true. Whether or not they'd actually collect that fine, well ..

.... then maybe 30-40% say they will suspend immediately if they find it to be true & then the vast majority of the remainder will give you 24hrs to remove it, and likely won't allow a second incident.

There is some small % that may just ignore it entirely.

But if they ignored it enough and had enough people abusing it, it'd eventually cause some fella in the US to take legal action.

you are taking orders from US companies

I suspect he'd be more concerned in upholding his own country's copyright laws.

Could always try to find some spare bandwidth in North Korea or Somalia.

• zevuszevus Member
    edited September 2015

oh, speaking of north korea.... While torrenting some anime (yes, yes, it's illegal, but since it's unlicensed it'll never get some DMCA complaint) a few weeks ago, I happened to notice an IP that geo-located to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea. Looked it up on a few geo ip providers and damn near all of them had it as NK, including MaxMind.

I did a traceroute & it is actually a resold online.net server, owned by a 'seedbox' company. pulsedmedia.com (and the machine in question w/ the NK geoIP had an rdns of fuji.pulsedmedia.com, unsure if it still exists). I emailed the guy and said that while I wasn't particularly fond of his rates and can't stand seedboxes, I'd gladly fork over those fees for that 'North Korea server'. I think he has more than a few that are messed like that, but none were coming open any time soon (this was about a month ago?).

He was even talking about having it "fixed" (!!!!)... I was like... WTF! PLS TO CONTROL YOURSELF IMMEDIATELY.

Only a Vatican (I'd have to spin up a lot of pr0n on one of these) or Antarctica IP would beat that. =/

ah, sure enough:

195.154.237.60 KP Pyongyang,
    Pyongyang,
    North Korea,
    Asia 39.0194,
    125.7547 Free SAS Iliad Entreprises Customers poneytelecom.eu