Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zare Suspension
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Zare Suspension

NexHostNexHost Member
edited September 2015 in Providers

Zare stopped selling VPS and have suspended me with account credit. with a non valid reason. SPAM Complaints when the VPS was at the time running webuzo with all SMTP Ports blocked. non standard SSH Port. and running OpenVPN. they have done this so they can get rid of more of their VPS. since they stopped selling them. it is the only logic reason.

The above server is suspended for the following reason: Multiple spam reports - We have  had multiple spam reports for emails coming from your servers IP address

Hello Jordan Mckeag,

Unfortunately your server has been suspended, this is due to the reason below.

IP: 185.38.151.47

-----------------------------------------  
 Multiple spam reports - We have had multiple spam reports for emails coming from your       servers IP address
 -----------------------------------------

If you open a ticket with us we can hopefully resolve this problem swiftly,      https://manager.zare.co.uk/support/open

Best Regards,
Zare Team

Comments

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

http://multirbl.valli.org/lookup/185.38.151.47.html you are listed on a few BL's. Just work with provider in order to resolve SPAM issue.

• @time4vps said:
    http://multirbl.valli.org/lookup/185.38.151.47.html you are listed on a few BL's. Just work with provider in order to resolve SPAM issue.

Has nothing to do with SPAM neither is there any listing for that IP that has anything to do with me.

Harry Beasant
     You were torrenting again

Response from Zare

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@time4vps said:

I disagree, that looks great actually. Keep in mind some of these RBLs are junk.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited September 2015
     Harry Beasant
     - ------------- Infringement Details ----------------------------------
     Title:        Vacation
     Timestamp:    2015-09-18T07:36:42Z
     IP Address:   185.38.151.47
     Port:         64368
     Type:         BitTorrent
     Torrent Hash: 66b3cee4eaa766859fcb3abb21e307e6b4628e6d
     Filename:     Vacation.2015.TS.XVID.AC3-EVE
     Filesize:     1201 MB
     - ---------------------------------------------------------------------
     Jordan Mckeag
     So that is another user on the same VPN not me

Harry Beasant
     Doesn't matter, thats not our responsibility, this is the 2nd one we have had
     Jordan Mckeag
     You have not sent me any of these complaints. so how was I supposed to know exactly?

I don't even torrent. someone in the same house hold is using the VPN and has downloaded a couple of torrents. has nothing to do with me. nor have they ever told me there has been complaints. So as said before it's just a excuse for them to boot more of the VPS.

• Lol, if you host a VPN on that server you are responsible for anything transferred over it.

Doesnt matter if its another user.

• Yes, and they also don't forward you the "complaints" neither any detail to help you fix the issue.

Junk.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • Not going to defend this provider though. It appears to be a pretty shit provider since its inception.

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • ZareZare Member, Host Rep

Hi jmckeag12,

All you needed to do was open a ticket with us and we could have resolved this very quickly, this is the 2nd report we have had in the last few days and as per Echelon's/Warner Bros instructions and the fact you are breaking our ToS, we had to suspend your service.

I will open a ticket with you and we can resolve this.

Best Regards,
    Harry

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited September 2015

Zare said: All you needed to do was open a ticket with us and we could have resolved this very quickly, this is the 2nd report we have had in the last few days and as per Echelon's/Warner Bros instructions and the fact you are breaking our ToS, we had to suspend your service.

You never sent me any of these abuse complaints. I'm using the VPN to provide connection to everyone in the same House hold. until the 29th. I don't want to resolve it if your going to not forward these complaints. and then randomly suspend I don't want anything to do with Zare.

This is honestly my first time ever being suspended for abuse. and it's ridiculous.

• Zare said: Echelon's/Warner Bros instructions

wow, you are taking orders from US companies. shame...

• This company has no obligation to forward complaints to you. Their TOS says no torrenting. @jmckeag12 you had an obligation to make sure nobody in your household was torrenting when using the VPN and you failed, you broke the ToS and they suspended you.

Zare did the right thing here.

• @JoeMerit said:
    This company has no obligation to forward complaints to you. Their TOS says no torrenting. jmckeag12 you had an obligation to make sure nobody in your household was torrenting when using the VPN and you failed, you broke the ToS and they suspended you.

Zare did the right thing here.

I understand that. how ever if they had sent me such complaints. The torrent activity on this IP would have stopped immediately. I have colocation in the US with a fair amount of different users. and even they are not this strict on abuse or complaints. as they all get resolved.

• jmckeag12 said: Systems Administrator with 11 Years + Experience

Thanked by 2Fusl offline
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited September 2015

@Frecyboy said:

Lol what are you trying to say?

What that I don't know what I'm doing. originally it was SPAM maybe then you could bash me but it was not as it was secure. So Please Continue :)

So if anyone wants to bash me. Do you all monitor every single packet or your netflows 24 hours a day and watch them that closely that you can see what is happening every second or hour of everyday?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

TarZZ92 said: wow, you are taking orders from US companies. shame...

Indeed the wording could be a bit better but the fact is still that provider got abuse notices and acted in consequence as per their ToS.

• @Nyr said:
    Indeed the wording could be a bit better but the fact is still that provider got abuse notices and acted in consequence as per their ToS.

Yep and I understand that. how ever if they had sent me a warning. I'd of sorted it out. But no complaints was sent to me in the First Place.

• jmckeag12 said: and even they are not this strict on abuse or complaints. as they all get resolved.

it's different with smaller companies though. could you not agree with them to block the ports or DPI them?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2015

jmckeag12 said: But no complaints was sent to me in the First Place.

Not for the previous spamming either? Suspending a server for torrenting can be a bit harsh, but is per their ToS so I can't really see much wrong in their part even if they could be more flexible.

• @TarZZ92 said:

I could just prevent that specific user from accessing the VPN. that would sort it out straight away. as then it's only me. as I know what I'm doing at all times. I don't have to torrent netflix for the win.

• jmckeag12 said: Lol what are you trying to say?

Maybe prevent them from using things that are against their tos before giving out vpn's to your friends? That would save you that trouble.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited September 2015

@Frecyboy said:

No it was a Family Member. as already explained previously :)

Also when you play games and use specific applications. P2P is required. so blocking it is out of the question. but not allowing access to other users. is the best resolution.

• jmckeag12 said: No it was a Family Member

no guesses which one that would be...

jmckeag12 said: I could just prevent that specific user from accessing the VPN

True, but there is a reason why most vpn providers do not allow torrents in the UK. most uk companies are weak and take orders from us companies.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited September 2015

TarZZ92 said: no guesses which one that would be...

Yes I know who it was :)

Just asking for confirmation now. he is in work. it seems it was my cousin.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited September 2015

Zare restored the service. and I removed the 3 other users that had access.

My Ex
     My Cousin
     My Brother

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited September 2015

@Zare I've asked for a refund twice, and you've agreed to refund me twice. I won't be prompting you a third time, but I will be calling my bank to discuss the matter with them.

Thanked by 3NexHost ATHK Fusl
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited September 2015

My service is working fine. I first deployed this VM on the following date 2015-06-28 15:08:57. it is mostly just a Test to see how good zare actually is. and every now and again I'll get packetloss from Bristol to LA and the Packetloss is on their side.

I have discussed getting 10U from Zare already. and hope to expand to their Location sometime in the Future. but all of this is just making me change my mind completely.

Seems my cousin did not download Vacation Last night so it must have been my ex. who still had access to it. but that is a different story. Lol

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

We have many servers with them and really never have had problems with zare, +1 for their services.

Thanked by 1Zare

@kcaj said:
    Zare I've asked for a refund twice, and you've agreed to refund me twice. I won't be prompting you a third time, but I will be calling my bank to discuss the matter with them.

Sorry about that, I send requests to the billing team - I will personally sort it now. Can you give me your ticket ID?

Thanked by 1NexHost

@jmckeag12 said:
    My service is working fine. I first deployed this VM on the following date 2015-06-28 15:08:57. it is mostly just a Test to see how good zare actually is. and every now and again I'll get packetloss from Bristol to LA and the Packetloss is on their side.

I have discussed getting 10U from Zare already. and hope to expand to their Location sometime in the Future. but all of this is just making me change my mind completely.

Seems my cousin did not download Vacation Last night so it must have been my ex. who still had access to it. but that is a different story. Lol

Hi Jordan,

I think after this we will be taking a new approach to suspensions, I feel like it would have been better in this case to forward the reports and send you a separate warning email. Instant suspensions would be better off reserved just for service affecting violations.

However we still will be using our 3 strike policy on torrenting etc, as companies like Echelon and Warner Bros could take further action on ourselves if it keeps happening on the same IP.

Just to note, your server has now been activated again as of 15 minutes ago.

We hope to do more business with you in the future and other members on this forum.

Best Regards,
    Harry Beasant

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • What a shitty way to get suspended.. and I don't mean torrenting, I mean torrenting that shitty movie.