Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zare Suspension - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Zare Suspension

Comments

• XFS_DukeXFS_Duke Member
    edited September 2015

@Nekki said:
    XFS_Duke

No problem, like I said, I'm not worried about it. I was an idiot for taking the clients and trying to help them in the first place. Should of listened, hard headed, thought I could do it, failed and learned. :)

@MrGeneral said:
    XFS_Duke,

Hmm, do you have a Magic 8 Ball? Do you know what I run and how I run it? I have a lot of clients, local and from all over the world. I care nothing to get into this with you, because in all honesty, it doesn't really matter. The contradictions you're speaking of, are they about Jonny? If they are, I did what I could and tried to keep him away, can't help that his parents are brain dead and can't raise a kid to save their lives. I don't believe I contradicted myself on anything else. If I did, well, there must have been a really good reason. Lol. Regarding the clients, sure, there are a bunch, but when you provide a good service, nobody has to speak about you on LET or any other board. I've been in business for 3 years and still going. If I wasn't making money or anything, do you think I'd still be doing this with my current situation? Sheesh.

• @MrGeneral said:
    @Nekki seems to know how to run a business way better than you.

Unlikely to be true. Knowing that taking GVH was a bad move doesn't mean I know how to run a business. There's a reason I've worked for someone else my entire adult life.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

XFS_Duke said: Hmm, do you have a Magic 8 Ball? Do you know what I run and how I run it? I have a lot of clients, local and from all over the world. I care nothing to get into this with you, because in all honesty, it doesn't really matter. The contradictions you're speaking of, are they about Jonny? If they are, I did what I could and tried to keep him away, can't help that his parents are brain dead and can't raise a kid to save their lives. I don't believe I contradicted myself on anything else. If I did, well, there must have been a really good reason. Lol. Regarding the clients, sure, there are a bunch, but when you provide a good service, nobody has to speak about you on LET or any other board. I've been in business for 3 years and still going. If I wasn't making money or anything, do you think I'd still be doing this with my current situation? Sheesh.

I only need a single argument. Or maybe two.

• You mention "3 years" business expertise. That's nothing. You know nothing, I'm sorry.

• If you were going strong, why did people raise money for you?

• When you were being helped by this great community, why didn't you sell your 60 acres?

XFS_Duke said: If you want to take a trip next door to Louisiana, I have a bunch of land, around 60 acres, we could destroy them on. Ha. I have a few new guns as well to play with. Haha. Good luck with the sale

Now, do you want me to start digging information about XFuse Solutions, LLC?

You seem a nice guy, you just lie too much.

@Nekki said:
    Unlikely to be true. Knowing that taking GVH was a bad move doesn't mean I know how to run a business. There's a reason I've worked for someone else my entire adult life.

OK I fully accept that, but you're willing to learn, and you don't try to teach others if you know nothing about the subject. IMHO, if Duke has 3 years of hosting experience, that is close to nothing. There's a lot to learn, mainly how the internal communication works.

• @MrGeneral said:
    OK I fully accept that, but you're willing to learn, and you don't try to teach others if you know nothing about the subject. IMHO, if Duke has 3 years of hosting experience, that is close to nothing. There's a lot to learn, mainly how the internal communication works.

Fun fact: I actually used to work for a communications function at a large multi-national. Me! Who'd believe it!

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Nekki said:
    Fun fact: I actually used to work for a communications function at a large multi-national. Me! Who'd believe it!

I'd love to read some of your grumpy texts when you were working there! :P

• @MrGeneral said:
    I'd love to read some of your grumpy texts when you were working there! :P

Believe it or not, I am highly professional when it comes to work, hence why all the pent-up grumpy shit pours out here.

LowEndTherapy.

Thanked by 3MikePT GM2015 J1021
  • @MrGeneral said:

Let me clarify something for you.

I've been in the hosting industry since November of 1999. Well more than 3 years. Worked Support, Management and so forth for other companies to get my knowledge. Worked other jobs as well in other industries too.

XFuse money always stayed with XFuse and personal income always stayed with personal matters. There wasn't a time when XFuse really paid my bills because all of the money was going back into the company ordering new servers and building out things to better my offerings.

The 60 acres we are on is family owned. I can't sell it and I wouldn't sell it. You must really think about me a lot to go and find that one comment I made on someone elses post and use that as ammo for your attack on me. Lol. Good job buddy.

So, your argument is invalid on all points. Go back to the drawing board. And thanks, I am a good guy to the people who know me. To the ones that want to constantly comment on the past and try and start drama, not so much.

@Nekki said:
    LowEndTherapy.

I know the feeling. LowEndTherapy definitely works!

That's why I spend quite a few hours every day here and enjoy the drama. It's like reading a famous people magazine.

• I am surprised that they don't have a termination policy in place warranting their right to terminate services without notice... But still, I see nothing wrong with what they did.

• If you were going strong, why did people raise money for you?

Regardless of my feelings about anything, to keep bringing this up is shithousery, plain and simple.

edited September 2015

@XFS_Duke said:
    So, your argument is invalid on all points. Go back to the drawing board. And thanks, I am a good guy to the people who know me. To the ones that want to constantly comment on the past and try and start drama, not so much.

Yeah, you always run from the arguments, and you try to explain your current and past situation all the time. However, if we go back and read your posts... We find your lies. E.G: If you got a lot of customers, you surely are doing an excellent profit, or else, you really don't know how to run a business. May I know which companies have you worked for? I promise I won't attack you any further. I do think you're a nice guy but you need to calm DOWN a lot. You know, it's still too early to talk like you know it all.

• When I made my comment, I actually expected Duke would tell me to fuck off, we'd laugh about it, and that'd be that.

OP, I apologise for instigating the steaming dump that's now in the middle of your thread.

@Nekki said:
    Regardless of my feelings about anything, to keep bringing this up is shithousery, plain and simple.

I do admit that it's kind of a "low attack", won't do it further, it's enough.

Thanked by 1XFS_Duke
  • @MrGeneral said:
    Yeah, you always run from the arguments, and you try to explain your current and past situation all the time. However, if we go back and read your posts... We find your lies. E.G: If you got a lot of customers, you surely are doing an excellent profit, or else, you really don't know how to run a business. May I know which companies have you worked for? I promise I won't attack you any further. I do think you're a nice guy but you need to calm DOWN a lot. You know, it's still too early to talk like you know it all.

The only one I will say is Arvixe. Lol. And the only other would be another EIG owned company, but they weren't at the time. The profits part usually gets missed because it gets invested back into new servers. I don't take money from XFuse. I try to invest it all back in. After my wreck, I had a huge drop in income. It's starting to come back now though. I'm trying to run a legitimate business and not something like GVH. Somewhere along the way, I fell into a dark heap of crap and now have to figure out a way back out. Lol. Either way, this is my first issue with someone in a bit. Maybe I'm getting forgetful though. I never said I knew it all either. I just think with 16 years or so in this industry and in the positions I've been in, I have the knowledge and the ability to give people simple pointers. I guess I was wrong. Lol

• @Nekki said:
    I actually expected Duke would tell me to fuck off, we'd laugh about it, and that'd be that.

Fuck off. Lol. I laugh it all off man. I hold no hard feelings for anyone on here. It's the internet. I just don't enjoy the personal attacks and such. You know how it goes. :)

edited September 2015

Damnit, I was about to post and got an error in my browser. Now I have to rewrite my post entirely.

@OP, I would like to apologise as well, for going offtopic.

Now as for the Zare suspension issue:

• If this is a VPS, the provider may assume that there's only one user utilizing its network (and the IP is dedicated) so the right action is to definitely suspend it to prevent further abuse in a small time-frame.

• If we're talking about a Dedicated Server, in the other hand, the provider generally assumes that the IP is shared among several clients hosted in the same server, therefore, a notice/abuse report should be sent to the server owner for further investigation and, obviously, to avoid suspension.

@XFS_Duke said:
    The only one I will say is Arvixe. Lol. And the only other would be another EIG owned company, but they weren't at the time. The profits part usually gets missed because it gets invested back into new servers. I don't take money from XFuse. I try to invest it all back in. After my wreck, I had a huge drop in income. It's starting to come back now though. I'm trying to run a legitimate business and not something like GVH. Somewhere along the way, I fell into a dark heap of crap and now have to figure out a way back out. Lol. Either way, this is my first issue with someone in a bit. Maybe I'm getting forgetful though. I never said I knew it all either. I just think with 16 years or so in this industry and in the positions I've been in, I have the knowledge and the ability to give people simple pointers. I guess I was wrong. Lol

OK, no problem, peace.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited September 2015

XFS_Duke said: if your knowingly doing something against a ToS, expect to be suspended. You should always make sure you abide by the ToS and any AUP that the host has. This isn't a bs reason to be suspended, it's a legit reason and most hosts feel the same way

Can you not read??

I specifically stated it was not me who violated the Tos and warning should have been provided. If a company is harsh on suspensions. then I don't wish to use them end of story.

I was not the one who violated the ToS someone else was. doing something that I usually do not do what so ever and that is downloading torrents. I have already explained myself several times. I am not going to explain myself once again.

Zare is out of question for any services that I use in the future. I am out of this thread and will not respond again.

• @jmckeag12 said:
    I specifically stated it was not me who violated the Tos and warning should have been provided. If a company is harsh on suspensions. then I don't wish to use them end of story.

To be honest mate, you're fucking mental. You bought it, you're responsible for it's usage, end of. Claiming anything else makes you appear madder than a muffin with legs that can talk.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited September 2015

@Nekki said:
    To be honest mate, you're fucking mental. You bought it, you're responsible for it's usage, end of. Claiming anything else makes you appear madder than a muffin with legs that can talk.

I have stated that it was not me who abused the service. it was someone else. happened without my knowledge. The suspension happened. It's resolved. I won't be putting my trust in Zare for my own customer base. what more do you want from me exactly?????

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@jmckeag12 said:
    I have stated that it was not me who abused the service. it was someone else.

You are still failing to understand the responsibility you have for traffic passing trough your server. If your users violate the TOS, you are responsible.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited September 2015

@Nyr said:

Yes I understand that and I have already made that Clear that I know that I'm some what at fault. I don't have anything else to discuss here.

Zare won't have my custom for a £420m/o Quarter Rack anymore. or other services. I have discussed with them about Purchasing. As previously said I have nothing else to discuss anymore. and I won't be.

• @jmckeag12 said:
    Yes I understand that and I have already made that Clear that I know that I'm some what at fault. I don't have anything else to discuss here.

I'd like to discuss your bizarre world view.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited September 2015

@Nekki said:
    I'd like to discuss your bizarre world view.

What that I allowed someone else access to one of my VPNs. and they left a torrent seeding. and as a result my service was suspended by zare. If I had been told that there was any violation going on. I would have sorted it. as I usually do.

Hence why I think I'm not 100% at fault. any decent or responsible provider would not suspend without zero warning.

You can all spam the hell out of this thread attempt to get a reaction from me. I'm not interested in responding to this Thread anymore. I have cancelled my VPS with zare and have requested that my account is closed.

• Jordan/Dave whatever you go by now. Just move to a company that does not bow to the americans.

Thanked by 2NexHost GM2015
  • ZareZare Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2015

@jmckeag12 said:
    You can all spam the hell out of this thread attempt to get a reaction from me. I'm not interested in responding to this Thread anymore. I have cancelled my VPS with zare and have requested that my account is closed.

Its a shame you have cancelled, but I guess it may be for the best in this case.

At the end of the day, you agreed to our terms of service and therefor knew the consequences for torrenting, you should have notified all users on your VPN that they cannot seed or download torrents, however it should have been obvious that this sort of activity is illegal. Its also quite obvious that the VPN/VPS was purposely being used to protect the actual VPN users IP to perform torrenting.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited September 2015

@Zare said:

I did alert the people who was using it. not to torrent. and it occurred. not much else to say to be honest.

I would rather just use my LA VPN.

• @jmckeag12 said:
    I would rather just use my LA VPN.

Regardless of what you've said about you informing them not to do such acts: Any content on your services or transmitted through your services is entirely your responsibility and your fault it was suspended. While you may not of been the cause of the suspension you are at fault. It's your service and as its yours you have obligation to make sure it's not being used in a way that violates the providers Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy.

• Zare said: however it should have been obvious that this sort of activity is illegal

Downloading torrents is not illegal you idiot.

it's not legal to download copyrighted stuff though.

Thanked by 1GM2015