Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zare Suspension - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Zare Suspension

Comments

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

I feel like the title could maybe be changed?

The reason for suspension wasn't bullshit...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Zare are terrible, end of discussion. That's my view as a person and customer, not as a competitor.

• wow only suspended? many host terminate and keep the money. Consider yourself lucky.

btw it doesn't matter if it is your ex/dog/wife/kids/during your sleep. you are responsible for whatever goes thru the box.

Thanked by 2netomx Pwner
  •  Jordan Mckeag
     So that is another user on the same VPN not me

Reading this part was fun.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • JoeMerit said: you broke the ToS and they suspended you.

Zare did the right thing here.

Meh, I don't see it as the "right thing" to suspend someone for SPAM when the real reason is entirely different. What happened to call it like you see it?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited September 2015

Zare said: and as per Echelon's/Warner Bros instructions

So you also sent them the customers private data as they always request? (not saying you did; just interested)

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • Thanks William that was going to be my question.

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

@William said:
    So you also sent them the customers private data as they always request? (not saying you did; just interested)

No, we do not send them anything apart from a boilerplate response saying we will deal with it.

• William said: So you also sent them the customers private data as they always request? (not saying you did; just interested)

We receive about 10 of these daily, i don't remember ever seeing a request for customer's information.

• Zare said: No, we do not send them anything apart from a boilerplate response saying we will deal with it.

You said that you received "instructions" and executed them like a little dumb robot and I am sure that there was an instruction that was something like "assist us by providing all details about the user to help us investigate the matter".

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • Next time @Zare tell them you are not an American company.

@UrDN said:
    You said that you received "instructions" and executed them like a little dumb robot and I am sure that there was an instruction that was something like "assist us by providing all details about the user to help us investigate the matter".

Absolutely not, they asked us to prevent it happening again and as it was a violation of out ToS it was suspended for around 30 minutes.

We understand as a UK company we do not have to comply with DMCA or provide any client information without court order.

Client data is not given to anyone.

Thanked by 1J1021
  • @Zare said:
    Hi jmckeag12,

All you needed to do was open a ticket with us and we could have resolved this very quickly, this is the 2nd report we have had in the last few days and as per Echelon's/Warner Bros instructions and the fact you are breaking our ToS, we had to suspend your service.

I will open a ticket with you and we can resolve this.

Best Regards,
    Harry

I'm just commenting on this…

1st Echelon's don't do Films / Software, they are a technology company.

2nd First it was spam… then it went to VPN / Torrenting… which was reason he was suspended?

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho

@Licensecart said:
    2nd First it was spam… then it went to VPN / Torrenting… which was reason he was suspended?

IP-Echelon act on behalf of Warner Bros - https://www.ip-echelon.com/

The category for the issue was not correct, however both are a violation of our ToS and therefore the service can be suspended.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Zare said: However we still will be using our 3 strike policy on torrenting etc, as companies like Echelon and Warner Bros could take further action on ourselves if it keeps happening on the same IP.

Does the (UK implementation of) EU copyright law even have a repeat infringer clause?

• Zare said: IP-Echelon act on behalf of Warner Bros - https://www.ip-echelon.com/

just another copyright troll whose methods have been questioned, and some claim the "evidence" does not really stand up.

• Interesting the topic hasn't been updated to indicate reality.

Something like "zare suspended me for violating their tos here is 500 words on why im mad".

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited September 2015

@zed said:
    Interesting the topic hasn't been updated to indicate reality.

Something like "zare suspended me for violating their tos here is 500 words on why im mad".

I requested the title be updated.

I agree with Zare for suspending the service. how ever I do not agree that they did not forward the complaints to me. instead it resulted in a suspension. because no complaints was sent to me. So I could not deal with it as a result. I have never had a provider suspend any of my services for anything related to torrents.

• you dont need to be able to deal with it though. you broke their ToS.. theres nothing to deal with.

they already told you not to do it, why should they have to tell you twice?

• @jmckeag12 said:
    I agree with Zare for suspending the service. how ever I do not agree that they did not forward the complaints to me. instead it resulted in a suspension. because no complaints was sent to me. So I could not deal with it as a result. I have never had a provider suspend any of my services for anything related to torrents.

Why do you believe you're entitled to some kind of warning before suspension? Is there anything in the ToS that suggests you should have received one?

• I receive complaints from IP-ECHELON all the time. I forward them to the customers and give them 24 hours to respond. Suspension comes after 24 hours, termination after 72 hours if no response. This is with responses every 12 hours as well. Guy said I spammed him so he didn't respond once. Never will I provide customer data to any company sending an email asking for it. Bring me a court order and I'll think about it. Lol. Jk, court orders get provided, never had one yet though and host a large number of sites.

@zare, send warnings first. Suspending first unless it's a service affecting issue is uncalled for.

• @jmckeag12, if your knowingly doing something against a ToS, expect to be suspended. You should always make sure you abide by the ToS and any AUP that the host has. This isn't a bs reason to be suspended, it's a legit reason and most hosts feel the same way...

• @XFS_Duke said:
    zare, send warnings first. Suspending first unless it's a service affecting issue is uncalled for.

You're not really in a position to be telling others how to run their business.

• @Nekki said:
    You're not really in a position to be telling others how to run their business.

You're not really in a position to tell me that either. You don't know jack about the operations of XFuse, you know the crap I was invested in, but other than that, I provide reliable services to a large number of clients. Before and after the recent crapfest. So, go judge someone else and take handouts from little Nuggs again. Hyprocrite.

• @XFS_Duke said:
    You're not really in a position to tell me that either. You don't know jack about the operations of XFuse, you know the crap I was invested in, but other than that, I provide reliable services to a large number of clients. Before and after the recent crapfest. So, go judge someone else and take handouts from little Nuggs again. Hyprocrite.

Clearly I know nothing about XFuse, but I know you made a terrible business decision that tarred your reputation, so I think in that respect I'm quite well placed to comment.

How exactly am I hypocrite. Explain that one to me please.

Thanked by 2MikePT Clouvider
  • @Nekki said:
    How exactly am I hypocrite. Explain that one to me please.

Well, for one. You spoke all the time about how bad GVH was and criticized him left and right, but yet you supported him and bought services from him. You've said many times that people who buy GVH services were idiots or whatever else, but you bought from him. That's the hypocrite part i'm talking about. Then you sit there and think that the only bad business decision I made means that I have no idea how to run a business or can't give advice to someone based on experiences and years of it. Don't think for a moment that I'm some 16 year old kid that'll just sit there and let people say stuff and not come back at them. I'm a grown ass man and we all make mistakes, it's a fact of life. I lived up and owned up to my mistake and we've been down this road many times. It's like beating a dead horse. Won't make it go away, it happened, get over it. Clear enough for you? One more thing, the advice I gave is most likely what a bunch of other providers would say as well, they just haven't said it yet. And it always amazes me that the ones that keep bringing up that issue are the ones who bought into GVH services when they constantly bad mouthed him left and right. That's a hypocrite. There is no need to keep going on this though, if you want to speak more, send me a message and we can discuss this further. Unless you feel better trying to trash my name more, especially since I really don't care what you say, actions speak louder than people who live in the past.

Thanks.

• All I read was hypocrite this blah blah GVH that blah blah.

• @ATHK said:
    All I read was hypocrite this blah blah GVH that blah blah.

Lol. Yea, ramblings of a mad man I guess. No worries though, I don't really care about this conversation. I tried to give some sound advice and judgmental people come out thinking they're God's gift to LET and stuff. No biggie. I don't have a problem with @Nekki but one would think that someone would learn to let things go, especially since you've never seen issues from my company with regards to issues with some others around here.

Either way, good luck OP and @Zare with the business relationship. :)

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@XFS_Duke,

For once, stop with those lies.

XFS_Duke said: I provide reliable services to a large number of clients.

Where are those clients from? I don't know any LET member who has purchased your services, other than SSL Certificates. I highly doubt you got "a large number of clients" and @Nekki seems to know how to run a business way better than you. There's bullshit in every posts you do.

Ah, and the old stories about you... Still remember? Well, let's say that I have many facts, based on posts you wrote that prove you're not that honest. You contradict yourself in 20/30% of your posts. Stop acting like you provide a solid service and you "know it all". You don't. Your actions clearly prove it.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited September 2015

@XFS_Duke

I have referred to myself as an idiot for purchasing from GVH, so it's hardly hypocritical. I bought their shit because I wanted to know if it smelt as bad as everyone claimed, and I was open about that. Incidentally, they were nowhere near as bad as I'd heard, but that's by-the-by.

I didn't read the rest of the tirade because I can't be arsed, but I'm sure all your points were very valid.