Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AlphaSSL certificates bought from hostmybytes revoked - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AlphaSSL certificates bought from hostmybytes revoked

Comments

• Licensecart said: Not being funny but why are some people here saying they are using singlehop's free ssls?

People got SSL confirmation mails including SingleHop URL/INFO.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2015

The ssl syncserv gave me was revoked. This is why I said I would wait a few months to post the review I agreed to provide. I take it I should not bother publishing that?

• I'm pretty sure a lot of the people offering such cheap AlphaSSL Wildcard SSLs are doing it on a SingleHop account. I have a direct agreement with GlobalSign due to my previous work, but nothing is truly free. I'm reaching out to SingleHop on my SingleHop account to see what is going on. Yes, I have an account with them and I get the SSLs from them for personal or test SSLs.

All those $5 Nguyen style Wildcard sales finally caught up with all those people. I'd assume many more will fall because of this as well.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@shovenose said:
    The ssl syncserv gave me was revoked. This is why I said I would wait a few months to post the review I agreed to provide. I take it I should not bother publishing that?

We are in contact with them. We'll hopefully get a solution.

• Just sorted it out. I didn't go with StartSSL, instead I paid $165 for a wildcard plus a SAN for 3 years from cheapsslshop, effectively $55 for 2 domains per year. Still not bad.

• Mine hasn't been revoked :P

• Oooops, I found my two certificates has been revoked.

What happened?

• @tdale closed the GVH account with singlehop?

• And people wondered why I use NC for my certs.

• has anyone been able to ascertain why the certs have been revoked for certain?

• I got a refund for mine.

Apparently they can't offer these $4.99 wildcards any more. What are my options for wildcard SSL that don't cost an arm and a leg?

• @jeromeza said:
    I got a refund for mine.

Apparently they can't offer these $4.99 wildcards any more. What are my options for wildcard SSL that don't cost an arm and a leg?

I can do AlphaSSL Wildcards for $49. No, not from a SingleHop account. Lol

• @XFS_Duke, do you think people can trust you for certs after the whole GVH mess?

• @JoeMerit said:
    XFS_Duke, do you think people can trust you for certs after the whole GVH mess?

I have to agree. Let's go ask @tdale for certificates.

Thanked by 2imagine netomx
  • XFS_DukeXFS_Duke Member
    edited September 2015

@JoeMerit said:
    XFS_Duke, do you think people can trust you for certs after the whole GVH mess?

Well, let's see. If it weren't for trolls like you, sure. For one, I didn't scam or screw anyone. Second, I have an actual GlobalSign account, not a SingleHop scam account. Third, when someone pays me for a certificate, I have zip to do with the actual issuance. They get issued directly from GlobalSign and there won't be any revoking of certificates from me unless the customer does something on their site to justify the revoke. So, with that said, sure. I provided SSL's for other sites and forums as well. So, you could go ask @MannDude and a few others if they can trust me for SSL's. Again, my record is clean compared to some people on here. Lol. I worked a long time before the GVH crap to establish partnerships with a lot of companies. The GVH stuff was a lapse in judgement. We've already been through that, so go back under your bridge troll.

@IThinkUFailed said: I have to agree. Let's go ask @tdale for certificates.

I don't think he has a SingleHop account. I believe Jonny's was taken over by someone else. Or he still had it, not 100% sure.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • @jeromeza said:
    I got a refund for mine.

I got a wildcard+1 SAN from here: https://www.cheapsslshop.com/ $165 / 3 years, a cert cover two domains, effectively $27.5/domain/year.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited September 2015

@XFS_Duke said:
    I can do AlphaSSL Wildcards for $49. No, not from a SingleHop account. Lol

I can do $30 with my AlphaSSL reseller :P

jks, just get a singlehop VPS with hourly billing and steal a few five year globalsign wildcards xD

• @doghouch said:
    I can do $30 with my AlphaSSL reseller :P

For a Wildcard SSL? That's awesome. Is it direct with GlobalSign? I haven't seen a Wildcard price that low in their system. What discount level are you? Hmmm...

• Anyone already looked at this? https://letsencrypt.org/

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Hostingking said: Anyone already looked at this? https://letsencrypt.org/

Yes, it is not available yet and there are no wildcard certificates (and certificates expire in 90 days, have to set up your server with their automatic renewal to make it useful).

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited September 2015

@XFS_Duke said:
    For a Wildcard SSL? That's awesome. Is it direct with GlobalSign? I haven't seen a Wildcard price that low in their system. What discount level are you? Hmmm...

I'm not an official reseller. (going through another company)

Well, I have an official GlobalSign reseller, in which I get a deal for $37/cert, but still isn't as good as $30 :p

• @doghouch said:
    Well, I have an official GlobalSign reseller, in which I get a deal for $37/cert, but still isn't as good as $30 :p

Yea, be careful with that. A lot of these "resellers" are dealing with SingleHop. lol. Like I always say, if the deal seems too good to be true, it likely is.

@Hostingking said:
    Anyone already looked at this? https://letsencrypt.org/

I've been waiting for it. It seems awesome, however, can't be 100% sure it'll kill off paid SSL's. Free is good though as long as it's up to par with others.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2015

Currently this is best offer that you will find: https://www.cheapsslshop.com/comodo-positive-ssl-wildcard

55 usd for 2 domains

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • He's a reseller with GlobalSign, but his discount level is WAY higher. @XFS_Duke

• @XFS_Duke said:
    I can do AlphaSSL Wildcards for $49.

I have a global sign reseller account (just for my personal uses, and they approved it) and I remember if I go 3 years it's $33 a year. It used to be cheaper when it had 5 years. I don't have lots of sales so I doubt I have a high discount level.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

@TheOnlyDK said: I have a global sign reseller account (just for my personal uses, and they approved it) and I remember if I go 3 years it's $33 a year. It used to be cheaper when it had 5 years. I don't have lots of sales so I doubt I have a high discount level.

There is option to pay high 5 digits and get flat fee for any amount of certificates. Then you can do like 5 usd per year prices. However what is happening, at one point they have XXXXX USD on account and on renew time they dont... issue is when you are affected in the middle of that period.

• @TheOnlyDK said:

This is the quote I got from GlobalSign for their Alpha SSL. They said wildcard were $142 a pop. Wasn't competitive at all.

For $999 deposit we can offer the following pricing:

§ AlphaSSL $25
    § DomainSSL $93
    § OrganizationSSL $93
    § ExtendedSSL $469

For $4,000 deposit we can offer the following pricing:

§ AlphaSSL $15
    § DomainSSL $83
    § OrganizationSSL $83
    § ExtendedSSL $409

For $8,000 we can offer the following:

§ AlphaSSL $10
    § DomainSSL $72
    § OrganizationSSL $75
    § ExtendedSSL $359

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited September 2015

@Steven_F said:

You got ripped off. I only created the account because they had a promo (like 5-6 years ago) if you deposit some money you get 20% bonus. I did $200 and got $240 credit, certs are pretty cheap too.

EDIT: Just checked my prices, looks like the same as your $8k deposit, where I only deposited $200. That is.. Wtf lol

Edit2: I see I'm only level 1 in discount pricing :o

If anyone needs some certs, I don't mind doing some at my cost price + PayPal fees. Just PM me (not even sure if I'm allowed to post stuff like this still I'm not a provider, if I'm not just remove the last couple of lines of this post)

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @TheOnlyDK said:

How much is the non-wildcard?

• @Steven_F said:
    How much is the non-wildcard?

Same as what you mentioned for the 8k deposit.

Thanked by 1shell