Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wable Customer Service - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wable Customer Service

Comments

• @shovenose said:
    Wouldn't it have made more business sense to give the customer $2 in account credit and move on

Yes but their panel/system doesn't support credit.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@deadbeef said:
    Yes but their panel/system doesn't support credit.

It would have been faster to add that functionality than to delete that customers account.

• @shovenose said:
    It would have been faster to add that functionality than to delete that customers account.

Mhm, because development costs nothing and changing a live system while making sure it works as it's supposed to is trivial.

Thanked by 2k0nsl ryanarp
  • @4n0nx said:
    But OP isn't a shitty client..............................................

That wasn't my point, but I'm not going to try and explain stuff to anyone else.

• ryanarp said: You forget that I am also a customer of Incero, I was a customer prior to ever working for Incero. In every scenario I honestly believe that we have been fair to our customers. This customer in this thread was not only refunded, he was refunded for 3 months prior. You never hear the amazing stories of what we do for our customers, because people who are unhappy are the loudest. We provide a quality product and I stand behind that product 100%. I value your feedback, however I strongly disagree with your evaluation of our business practices.

Oh pls. A silent agreement to pay more probably does not exist in any country, so I would say you have to issue refunds, regardless of if you want to (any charge back would rightfully be successful).

You have to accept that the "business practice" of settling a minor problem with a customer and then cancelling their account is very likely deemed to be illogical by the vast majority of business owners, customers,.. humanity.

• @Jar said:
    You were just looking for a reason to break out some popcorn.

Some more drama: I bet that popcorn is still nice n' warm, while being topped off perfectly with a bit of seasoning. Delicious and enjoyable ;)

Thanked by 1jar
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@MrGeneral said:

My bad, was on cellphone and thought that was for Ryan who works at evoBurst, I apologise @TarZZ92
    And yes, Incero isn't good at all.

• The only concerning thing (IMO) is Wable's disregard for the customer's data. If you don't want someone as a customer, that's fair enough, but closing their account and not giving an opportunity to retrieve data is out of line.

@Nekki said:
    The only concerning thing (IMO) is Wable's disregard for the customer's data. If you don't want someone as a customer, that's fair enough, but closing their account and not giving an opportunity to retrieve data is out of line.

Exactly. Its an awful business practise.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited September 2015

@MrGeneral said:
    Exactly. Its an awful business practise.

I'm not sure I agree with that; in Wable's case, this approach of weeding out the customers they don't want may actually be beneficial to them - I kind of see the lie point that they're not interested in dealing with those who quibble over a couple of dollars.

On a moral level, it is unfair though, and although everyone should have backups realistically they don't take them more than 12-24 hours so there's always the potential for data loss; giving an outgoing customer 24-48 to retrieve their data in a scenario like this seems a fairer way of treating people.

Thanked by 2MikePT SpeedyKVM
  • Charging a customer for something they didn't order is never okay. That's literally (actually literally) Business Ethics and Business Law 101.

• @Dylan said:
    Charging a customer for something they didn't order is never okay. That's literally (actually literally) Business Ethics and Business Law 101.

I hate the fact we live in a world where you have to confirm that literally actually means literally, but I digress; business law is not my point of expertise, is it not sufficient to notify a customer of a price increase to their service? My cable company does this to me regularly.

• Nekki said: My cable company does this to me regularly.

It sucks when those letters land.

• @wych said:
    It sucks when those letters land.

At least you now get 14 days to cancel.

• mikeyur said: Clearly you have no idea how businesses work. It's a 2 way street, the customer isn't always right. I fire shitty clients just like I fire shitty employees.

you are a rogue business man then.. Just like Gordon.

@Nekki said:
    On a moral level, it is unfair though, and although everyone should have backups realistically they don't take them more than 12-24 hours so there's always the potential for data loss; giving an outgoing customer 24-48 to retrieve their data in a scenario like this seems a fairer way of treating people.

Yep, I blame them for terminating a client with no notice.

• @TarZZ92 said:

Well with your logic then, anyone who wants to or does run a business with a focus on profit and efficiency must be a rogue.

• @MrGeneral said:
    Yep, I blame them for terminating a client with no notice.

I don't understand.

@Nekki said:
    I don't understand.

Incero terminated a client with no previous notice. In this case, the customer had valuable data in the VPS, despite having backups or not, they rush themselves to terminate the account, so that's a pretty bad way of treating a customer.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited September 2015

Lee said: Well with your logic then, anyone who wants to or does run a business with a focus on profit and efficiency must be a rogue.

are you fucking insane lee? just fuck off with your cheap insults/attacks.

the whole point of business is profit but you need to actually care and respect your customers.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • I am a fan of Incero/Wable, you will struggle to find the quality of that product for that price point elsewhere.

That said I do think that even where they decide to drop a customer it should be on the basis that they give them 48/72 hours in order to gather their belongings before the account is shut down, it's nothing to them to offer this.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited September 2015

@MrGeneral said:

Right, I see.

The distinction I'm trying to make is being seeing someone as a customer and as a person. I think the only see the former, which is their failing.

The odd thing is that I'm quite sure from my dealings with @ryanarp in the past he most definitely does
    understand the distinction, so it looks much like a policy is the cause. Maybe something can be done to make these quick fire terminations slightly less quick, @Incero?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @mikeyur said:
    Up to 5 VPS's in 3 DCs on 10GigE with 5vCPU, 6GB Ram, 80GB SSD storage and up to 9 IPv4 to split among them. Currently bandwidth accounting doesn't work so it's unmetered fair share. E3 & snappy E5 nodes. All for $8/mo

Wait - what? I see 3cpu/2Gb RAM/50Gb HDD for $8/mo. What am I missing?

• @squibs said:

Wait - what? I see 3cpu/2Gb RAM/50Gb HDD for $8/mo. What am I missing?

Powerboost, bitch.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • @Nekki said:
    Powerboost, bitch.

Thanks, erm.... bitch!

• @squibs said:
    Thanks, erm.... bitch!

No problem homes.

• Wable is a company that decides to "unwant" people as customer on a whim.

Deciding the morality of it is pointless because they have the right to do it.

If you're ok with that, be their customer. If not, stay the fuck away. Don't put anything serious there. If you are prepared to be treated like shit at any time and bail, bundle 3 is not a bad value.

• @Nekki said:
    No problem homes.

Ordered and have my extra resources - helluva deal. megusta.jpg

• @ksug said:

Deciding the morality of it is pointless because they have the right to do it.

I disagree that debating this is useless. Wable staff are reading this thread and may well decide to take suggestions onboard, who knows.

• @Nekki said:

Perhaps. But some personalities tend to just do the opposite of what they are told. So, better just inform people about it. There's always somebody somewhere who don't know enough (and it's ridiculous for expect everyone to, it's 8 bucks).