Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wable Customer Service
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wable Customer Service

I was a happy customer of Wable for 6 months plus using them for some very lightweight test VPSs. In other words, I've been the perfect customer. Way underutilizing resources and not opening support tickets. I never really had to interact with customer service until this past week. In June, they utilized some new online backup systems but they came with additional costs. They had an automatic opt-in so they started charging me extra without my knowledge. I submitted a ticket and it was promptly answered what was going on. They said they sent a email newsletter with the change notification in it. I explained I didn’t think that email implied my consent for the new service (I never even saw it). I then professionally asked Wable to stop the additional service for me and if they would refund me the additional service’s costs for the past couple of months. I fully planned to remain a customer at this point. They replied they would be happy to and I thought life would be happily ever after. They then refunded me my entire months fee and deleted my account. When speaking to them via tickets after the deletion, they basically acted like they didn’t have time for me, didn’t care if I was a customer, or anything positive. They wouldn’t even say why they deleted my whole account without notice. ** _I say all this to give you a warning. If you run a production system with them, be careful with customer service as they will delete your entire account on a whim. _ **

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog

Comments

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I do have to say I've had a very nice overall experience with Wable and their services for several months now, but this is somewhat concerning...

How much were the extra charges for the backups in your particular case? And can you post the ticket replies, perhaps the community can figure out if and where someone made a mistake.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2015

Well, you got Incero'd, as it seems. Or should it be called "wabled"? Like in: "Damn. They wabled me hard for nothing!"

• "Customer what?!"

• 'Don't have time to read your emails and check your charges for a couple months? Then get the fuck out.

That's the Wable difference.'

@Incero That one's on the house, if you want more marketing work, hit me up over PM, I think I could do a lot for you.

• @Nekki said:
    'Don't have time to read your emails and check your charges for a couple months? Then get the fuck out.

That's the Wable difference.'

Incero That one's on the house, if you want more marketing work, hit me up over PM, I think I could do a lot for you.

Yeah! I can vouch for Nekki - He can be a real dick, you'll love that! :-)

Thanked by 2Nekki perennate
  • Here is the whole conversation...

Me-> I was charged $10+ but this email says $8. What is the difference?

Wable -> This was the snapshot charge.

Me -> I don’t think that is my activity because I’m not really using your service much. Is this from someone else’s account?

Wable -> Thank you for your message, we appreciate your business and your concerns very much. You however are the only one with access to your account. You can disable automatic snapshots if you would no longer like to take advantage of this feature.

Snapshots were enabled on June 1st 2015, and we sent an email to all users on June 2nd with the subject "Wable.com Snapshots and Cloning Added" here is a copy of that email; http://wable.com/snapshotsnotice.html

We also posted that snapshots had been enabled on our Facebook page;
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1573326456262719&id=1407513069510726
    (More text describing snapshots)
    With all that said, we understand if you do not want to use snapshots, you can delete all of your snapshots and disable further auto snapshots at; https://wable.com/snapshots
    Thank you again for your business, we hope to serve you for many years to come.

Me -> Please refund me the additional charges or provide service credit back to June. Now I have to take the time to delete lots of needless snapshots. I never consented to the snapshots. While it may be a useful and worthwhile feature, the auto enrollment was not correct. Especially for those of us who don’t have active sites in Wable at this time. A message on an email and Facebook is different than consent.

Wable ->I will refund this right away once you have closed your account, please click "my account" at the top and click "close account" i will then refund all the snapshot charges when you reply via email that the account is closed.

Me -> I deleted the snapshots (there were lots of them and way to select multiple snapshots) and disabled them from occurring in the future. I’d like service credit or a refund for the $2 per month. It’s not a lot of money, but it’s the principle as this was a service I did not originally consent or contract for. Are you suggesting that the only way to get a refund is to close my account in its entirety?

Wable->As requested, I have refunded your charges in full since the snapshots started;
    Your account is now snapshotting all current VMs and closing as the current period has been refunded. We can restore the data upon receipt of signed contract for further services, and signed cc authorization form to recharge the previous months services.

Me-> I don’t think that was very nice while I’ve tried to be courteous and professional to you. I asked for a refund of the additional services you charged me without consent, not to close my account and refund me. This could have put me in a bad position had I been running a production site and you just deleted the account with no notice.

Wable -> Not a problem, let us know if you ever want this reinstated.

Me ->I was content to keep on at the $8 level until today. I realize I’m a small fish, but I want to do business with folks who want to do business with me. I’m not sure that is the case here based upon your previous actions. I’ll stay with you if you #1 want my business, #2 promise to not delete my account without my express consent.

Wable -> No response....

Thanked by 2Amitz vimalware
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited September 2015

Yeah, they can't promise not to nuke your account. They also probably don't want your business at this point either, so take the hint.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • I guess it's a business decision on their part, they have bigger fish to fry than me. Ramnode has always been very supportive for me in the past, so I'm heading back there.

Thanked by 2Nick_A ATHK
  • Good ol Wable at it again.
    Them > "We cannot refund you until you close your account"
    You > "I deleted all of the snapshots but now you're saying the only way to get a refund is if I close my account?"
    Them > "We have refunded you, and will be closing your account for you"

I want to say I'm surprised by their actions but I'm not, makes me fear ever sticking my neck out if I have trouble with my Wable stuff.

• @HBAndrei, they tried to charge me $76.31 for their snapshot feature that I never turned on. Good thing I never gave them a CC.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2015

(Many people know I'm friends with Ryan so I'm not here to defend anything)

Well you got refunded, pretty clear statement that your business isn't wanted, and clearly you're not running anything significant in production on it if it took you this long to figure out what they were doing so...

I've seen worse stories at least :)

Better than "poof your data is gone because we don't know how to server" lol

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

"We can restore the data upon receipt of signed contract for further services, and signed cc authorization form to recharge the previous months services."

Wow, now that's ridiculous. So, they'd need you to email them to confirm that you've closed your account, but they decided to close your account in advance. No warning even. What?

Heh.

• Strangely, the multitude of Wable complaint threads only endear them to me more.

• @Nekki said:
    Strangely, the multitude of Wable complaint threads only endear them to me more.

On the actual service delivered there's rarely anything to complain about, and when you do it gets sorted quickly (ie network/node issues).

Complain about billing bs and are paying them $8? You're basically going to get 'Go Fuck Yourself' in a ticket back.

I think @Nekki would be the perfect addition to the Wable PR & Marketing team, that good of a culture/core values fit between employee and employer is tough to find nowadays.

Thanked by 1vimalware
    edited September 2015

Keep in mind that in previous threads like this we discussed that it is very evident that the wable panel has no built in function for account credit (I see no place for it). Some credit card systems may not allow partial refunds, or may have a limit for how far back they can. Someone else might have more insight into that, I don't deal with cards much.

• tarek.boxtarek.box Member
    edited September 2015

only three words

wable are shit

• @Jar said:
    Keep in mind that in previous threads like this we discussed that it is very evident that the wable panel has no built in function for account credit (I see no place for it). Some credit card systems may not allow partial refunds, or may have a limit for how far back they can. Someone else might have more insight into that, I don't deal with cards much.

It was never a technical thing. I'm fairly certain they use Stripe to run my card each month and it's totally possible (we do a good amount of volume on Stripe, have issued partials before). It would not be tough to build that into the panel or run it manually if they wanted to.

They're after a certain customer and it's clearly not the average LET user. They make their money on $1300/mo colo customers renting a rack, not a ton of folks paying $8/mo for a stack of VPS resources - who then complain about a $2 surcharge for a new feature.

Thanked by 1jar

@mikeyur said:
    I'm fairly certain they use Stripe to run my card each month and it's totally possible (we do a good amount of volume on Stripe, have issued partials before).

You'd know better than me then :)

• @Jar said:
    You'd know better than me then :)

I think they've shown their hand with the previous 'incidents' and people know what they're getting into now.

I for one was happy to eat the $2.75 fee I paid that first month, because it saved my ass like 2 weeks later (3 min restore vs 2-3 hours re-configuring a box). Everyone on LET thought it was some kind of cash grab, when really they aren't making shit on their backup system. I'm fairly sure it's still a money loser for them when you calculate dev time and resources used to generate each snapshot & store it in separate DCs.

• tarek4web said:
    only three words

>

wable are shit

Explain?

@Nekki said:
    Explain?

You were just looking for a reason to break out some popcorn.

• mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited September 2015

@Nekki said:
    Explain?

Translation: I need hand holding and was expecting their support to be nicer to me. http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/57871/wable-com-my-negative-experience

Also: I didn't read the TOS

• Jar said: You were just looking for a reason to break out some popcorn.

I fucking love popcorn.

mikeyur said: Translation: I need hand holding and was expecting their support to be nicer to me.

I suspected as much. Another one of those threads that makes me love the Wable.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @Jar can we get Ryan to write a nice reference letter for @Nekki? When I lose my shit and have my account deleted I really want him doing it.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
    edited September 2015

@mikeyur said:
    Jar can we get Ryan to write a nice reference letter for Nekki? When I lose my shit and have my account deleted I really want him doing it.

Lol I'm sure at some point they'll definitely need someone else to say no.

Dear Customer,

>

No.

>

Sincerely,
    Wable

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I'm going to sign up for Wable, keep hearing about it and really have no idea what it is, that is, what makes it different.

Thanked by 2ryanarp linuxthefish
  • heh, and people complained about my "unfriendly" support replies... Wable/Incero/Gordon is a whole other level

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2015

William said: heh, and people complained about my "unfriendly" support replies... Wable/Incero/Gordon is a whole other level

From the sound of it what they need to do is code a standard response that prevents tickets being opened that states "This is a zero support product, you agreed to that prior to payment so you may not open a support ticket".

Then have the option to pay a $5 deposit if you want to open one anyway because you feel it is an issue with the infrastructure, I am sure the tickets would get a better responce that way :)

brb.... doing that for LES

• 'Dear customer,

Wable is an unmanaged service, and as such requires you be capable of basic reading and comprehension as a minimum. As you appear to have failed to meet these requirements, we have refunded your previous month's payment.

We look forward to working with you again in the future should you be able to demonstrate the reading age of a 10 year old.

Yours sarcastically,

N. Basara
    Wable Support Agent'