Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wholesale internet $10 dedicated server - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

wholesale internet $10 dedicated server

Comments

• jbiloh said: Before you use any bandwidth this is already a money loser. I wonder what the thinking is behind such a sale.

Power and space is insanely cheap in the Oak Tower, probably because it is a massive utilities customer.

• @jbiloh said:
    Before you use any bandwidth this is already a money loser. I wonder what the thinking is behind such a sale.

Promo? Or maybe they can make the economics of this deal work on some level and make $0.50/mo on racks of old gear?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@William said:

Assuming they are hosted in even the most basic datacenter build out I don't see how this could even break even for them.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

rm_ said: Sure they did not automate reinstalls via a panel, but guess what, implementing automated reinstall also costs money and is a non-trivial work,

True but kimsufi does exactly this, and for cheaper than $10/mo.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

raindog308 said: True but kimsufi does exactly this, and for cheaper than $10/mo.

For Kimsufi the cheap servers are the main product, but here they might be a one-off special or close to that.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

With free hardware (you would have to throw away otherwise because not even ebay buys it at costs over the shipping ones) it may work if traffic is not that big and limited somehow. I mean not make a loss, not talking about profit because can work only with almost free staff.

• According to WHT, they just put another 200 up

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@catalystium said:
    According to WHT, they just put another 200 up

Thank you.

Most orders take 2 business days to provision

:(

• Caved, bought a Core2 Quad. Not convinced it'll be much beefier than the Core2 Duo's, but we'll see.

• Nekki said: Caved, bought a Core2 Quad. Not convinced it'll be much beefier than the Core2 Duo's, but we'll see.

Would love to see a Serverbear, I'm curious what it would be with the throttling.

• I grabbed both, C2D & C2Q. hopefully they'll be all good :)

• FredQcFredQc Member
    edited September 2015

Well, can't order, Paypal Error 1002 :(

Don't know what the fuck is this.

• When I ordered mine a few weeks back it was provisioned in around 4 hours

Thanked by 2netomx FrankZ
  • Stocks are up

• jenokjenok Member, Host Rep

Order one last friday, got server information today. As promised about 2 business days. Good Job :D

• Which plan has 1gigbit connection?

-Jamie M.

• @toysareforboys said:
    Which plan has 1gigbit connection?

-Jamie M.

None.

• travmedtravmed Member
    edited September 2015

This is on the E3-1220 configuration.

UnixBench score: 5023.3 I/O rate: 220.0 MB/second Bandwidth rate: 87.1 MB/second http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2015/09/01/6nhtAH3PbK01rrQm

• Silvenga said: Would love to see a Serverbear, I'm curious what it would be with the throttling.

No problem, I'll run it when the server gets delivered.

• Well, that's interesting. Their "Live Webcam" link resolves to IP address of 209.141.39.222 or webcam.datashack.net. So is Wholesale Internet just a Datashack reseller? Also, when you look up that IP it says it is associated with FranTech Solutions. Their website frantech.ca is associated with the BuyVM brand. I'm confused.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited September 2015

@travmed - Voxility IP ? Maybe they use Voxility for DDoS protection same as Frantech (used to?) and the DB has not updated yet

Edit: ASN 3223 so yes a Voxility IP.

• travmedtravmed Member
    edited September 2015

@FrankZ said:
    travmed - Voxility IP ? Maybe they use Voxility for DDoS protection same as Frantech (used to?) and the DB has not updated yet

I don't know. It looks like it's directly assigned to Frantech http://www.domainiq.com/ip?209.141.39.222

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited September 2015

@travmed - Could be. It would be best to ask @Francisco

• travmedtravmed Member
    edited September 2015

@FrankZ said:
    travmed - Could be. It would be best to ask Francisco

lol. good point. On a side note, my server is down :( It seems they may be having connectivity issues to the data center. While I appreciate their quick response time to my ticket, I'm not sure that the resolution is very satisfying or worthy of closing the ticket especially since it's still down. It's been over an hour so far since I first noticed it down.

Staff
    Try this again shortly.

Staff
    Thank you for your request. I will take a look at this shortly and update you once I have additional information.

Client
    Hi, I'm unable to ping to my server. I've ran a tracert and it is timing out. I've attached a screenshot of the route to hopefully help with troubleshooting. Thanks

• They are using BuyVM/Frantech for DDoS protection (or at least for a reverse proxy). Their direct webserver IP is 204.152.38.85 (can be found on their FAQ page).

• travmedtravmed Member
    edited September 2015

I'm beginning to see why they are so cheap. I'm approaching 4 hours downtime already on a server that was provisioned less than 24 hours ago. The latest support response does not ensure confidence:

Hmm somehow your server got powered off and is refusing to come back online via our automated reboot strips. Perhaps a simple BIOS option was not enabled...

We are going to have to look further into this issue and we will let you know once we have a resolution.

Turning it back on would be an option I would think?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2015

travmed said: Turning it back on would be an option I would think?

No it would not, certainly figuring out why it powers off in the first place should be a priority (and from their reply for them it is). If they cared less, sure they'd just "turn it back on" and leave you waiting for the same issue to repeat.

Thanked by 3k0nsl netomx vimalware
  • travmed said: Turning it back on would be an option I would think?

Some BIOS are configured to set power back to the original state after power failure. So if the server was shutdown (shutdown -h now) then you power cycled it using the power strip, it will still be down.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • travmed said: So is Wholesale Internet just a Datashack reseller?

Datashack is a "reseller" of wholesale internet. Or maybe I should say, they are the same. Same staff, same datacenter, almost same prices.

Thanked by 1netomx