Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wholesale internet $10 dedicated server - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

wholesale internet $10 dedicated server

Comments

• RizRiz Member

@mikeyur said:
    It's 100% HE + Cogent. I've been quite happy with Cogent routes, HE is mostly 'meh' but it depends on the destination.

Even for the low of the low, it's nice to see their ports aren't being over saturated otherwise this wouldn't be quite possible. I know that Kansas is pretty subsidized which helps, but time will tell in a month or two if they are able to stay steady still or if they will start limiting some customers.

• @Riz said:
    but time will tell in a month or two if they are able to stay steady still or if they will start limiting some customers.

They've been doing this for awhile (unmetered option), my guess is that any problems you'll see will be rack-level switch saturation which just requires moving some people around.

• More Core2Duo's in stock

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@catalystium said:
    More Core2Duo's in stock

Nope

• If you want Core2Duo you can try ordering Core2Quad and there is a chance you'll get Core2Duo (like I did) ...

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @netomx said:
    Nope

Was when I posted :-P

Thanked by 1netomx
  • This is the weirdest installation of Ubuntu I've ever seen.

• Normally the first user is a sudoer, it was not.
    • DNS resolution was broken.
    • Unbound was installed (not a default) and it wasn't working.
    • Using Europe mirrors for apt-get... in central US?
    • Default swap was set to 90MB.
    • Everything was updated (assuming a netinstall)
    • Postfix was installed (not a default with netinstall)

I might drop this server just because I don't know what else they did to it...

• Yes, unbound was installed on mine as well; 8.0G swap; they forgot to add the user into the sudoers...so rather than fix it, they did a complete re-install ;)

• k0nsl said: Yes, unbound was installed on mine as well; 8.0G swap; they forgot to add the user into the sudoers...so rather than fix it, they did a complete re-install ;)

8GB of swap? What? How are they deciding these default configurations!?

The motherboard I got apparently only supports 3.2GB of RAM. 800MB is reserved for video memory... for a headless server...

• That best formula of success, do cheap dedi, advertise on LET than sold all of them in minutes.. Than everybody start asking for more stocks :P

Thanked by 1mehargags
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

fitvpn said: Than everybody start asking for more stocks :P

And scratching their heads finding out weird stuff. Like manual installs???

• They replaced the wrong CPU in less than an hour, I didn't expect them to even bother with it, I was pleasantly surprised.

• wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited August 2015

Anyone ordered a Core2Duo and already got it delivered ? I ordered on Friday so I guess I'll need to have a bit more patience (at least until Tuesday)...

I asked for a KVM: has anyone have experience with the KVM (apart from what I already read in this thread) ?

Thanks !

Thanked by 1Frecyboy
  • wlambrechts said: Anyone ordered a Core2Duo and already got it delivered ? I ordered on Firday so I guess I'll need to have a bit more patience (at least until Tuesday)...

Also waiting from Friday, I guess Monday?

Thanked by 1wlambrechts
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

The smell of desperation is palpable.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @jbiloh said:

But I need it now so I can let it idle!!!

Thanked by 2netomx deadbeef

I meant from the providers standpoint.

I don't blame customers for being eager to get their service ;)

• @jbiloh said:

Yeah. Mixed with enviousness.

Thanked by 3netomx Jonchun GM2015
  • wlambrechts said: I asked for a KVM: has anyone have experience with the KVM (apart from what I already read in this thread) ?

Do they have KVM's?

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

I do. Its painfully slow

• Could someone who's gotten their server do a bandwidth test (and/or a whole Serverbear suite)?

Does it appear that bandwidth is capped at 100Mbit? Some people have gotten 1Gbps.

• DrSteveBrule said: Could someone who's gotten their server do a bandwidth test (and/or a whole Serverbear suite)?

This is on the DuoCore 4GB server:

UnixBench score: 2248.9
    I/O rate: 98.0 MB/second
    Bandwidth rate: 95.4 MB/second
    http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2015/08/29/ARWDRuAhgt0cLEs9

• Thanks @Silvenga! That's really helpful.

Bandwidth to the east coast seems a little questionable. For my purposes, I'm hoping it does a bit better to NYC/NJ. Still, who could complain at these prices, even if it was capped at 100Mbit?

Thanked by 1Silvenga
  • Silvenga said: Bandwidth rate: 95.4 MB/second

Impressive, I wonder if it's capped after 30TB?

• @linuxthefish said:
    Impressive, I wonder if it's capped after 30TB?

Most likely if they found out they'd switch it back to 100mbps.. so. uh.. please stop mentioning it ;)

Thanked by 2Silvenga stallion

Before you use any bandwidth this is already a money loser. I wonder what the thinking is behind such a sale.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • edited August 2015

• Boosting your post count, @TinyTunnel_Tom, or did the cat get your tongue?

• @k0nsl said:
    Boosting your post count, TinyTunnel_Tom, or did the cat get your tongue?

Bollox. My bad.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@jbiloh said:
    Before you use any bandwidth this is already a money loser. I wonder what the thinking is behind such a sale.

They've been doing this for years. Not with that much bandwidth, but still, they give some use to their servers in stock.