Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wholesale internet $10 dedicated server - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

wholesale internet $10 dedicated server

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

ehab said: mistakes happen and i often do that a lot in inital setup/tests, ultra cheap dedi's that restrict reinstalls to me is just a strategy or some indication something is not smooth.

It's a strategy to save money on cheap dedi's most likely, makes sense really. If it makes the dedi affordable and you're told up front, what's the issue?

Obviously if you buy a server so you can keep reinstalling it, get something else, just because it doesn't fit your use-case doesn't mean it doesn't fit anyone else's or there's something wrong.

• @ehab said:
    rm_ mistakes happen and i often do that a lot in inital setup/tests, ultra cheap dedi's that restrict reinstalls to me is just a strategy or some indication something is not smooth.

The only thing they're restricting is their time being wasted. They're offering a server at $10/mo with an unmetered connection. Employees doing manual reinstalls cost them money, even automated reinstall systems cost time and money to implement & maintain.

Someone testing/tweaking stuff constantly isn't their ideal client. My dedi/colo providers never hear from me unless the network/power is down or hardware craps out

Thanked by 1netomx
  • wychwych Member

mikeyur said: My dedi/colo providers never hear from me unless the network/power is down or hardware craps out

+1, or when their automated panel lacks adequate documentation/details.

• ehabehab Member
    edited August 2015

@Nekki , I have no issue i was just commenting my view on what rm_ said earlier.

@mikeyur , "unmanaged server" fits nicely to what you described and i think its part of signing up process agreement.

i never tried wholesale before and maybe they can be added to the price vs network vs support threads in future.

• @mehargags said:
    Stay away from this company Wholesale Internet and its sister concern DataShack

Companys that don't even know how to respond to a sales ticket... write"sour" one-liners on emails are out of question for any professional or business association.

for my previous experience with them they maybe delay on reply on the sales emails however they are so speed in reply on the support emails.
    almost time I got reply in less than 10 minutes, if there is an issue it will be resolve less than one hour in many times
    I upgraded my previous server rams and this takes about 30 minutes
    Datashack & Wholesale has a good support team however they don't will make it so hard if you want to get more IPs , the automated re-install is another issue however 95% of the dedicated provider didn't have automated re-install, I think that because they sell a custom dedicated servers with some custom specs when the customer ask to change RAMS , hard drives etc.. which mean that the manual configuration will be exist in the most of servers
    for example , ovh/kimsifi/soyoustart & online.net has automated system however with a fixed specs and I don't think people can change their specs
    I don't want to make a compare between companies
    just would like to say there's advantages and disadvantages with each provider

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

You know I've never tried them out, so I ordered one of their $15 core2quad machines to give it a play. Pretty nice pricing for us Canucks with the dying dollar.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Shame the $15 one doesn't come with more than 4GB RAM, could of come in handy for a small game server

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I am not sure, OVH has better deals, but, noo matter how bad these guys support it, it is still probably better than on OVH.
    Online.net, though... But they are not in US.

• 100Mbit Unmetered Transfer Only

What does this "only" means there??

• agoldenberg said: You know I've never tried them out, so I ordered one of their $15 core2quad machines to give it a play. Pretty nice pricing for us Canucks with the dying dollar.

If you can, post a Serverbear. I ordered the Intel Core2Duo, I'm wondering how restrictive the CPU power will be (although I remember when Core2Duo was considered fast).

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @nexusrain said:
    What does this "only" means there??

this mean that can't be upgraded to their 1G / 20TB bandwidth
    as I see they limited all the options

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Core2Duo was a good CPU at that time, I still have a server with a Xeon like that 3070 I think, it does great for it's age.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Silvenga said: I ordered the Intel Core2Duo, I'm wondering how restrictive the CPU power will be

My main work computer is a Core 2 Duo and I haven't upgraded because I don't feel the need to. I even do some virtualization and it's fine (although not great, obviously).

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Maounique said:
    Core2Duo was a good CPU at that time, I still have a server with a Xeon like that 3070 I think, it does great for it's age.

From general cpu scoring it looks like it's gonna be 2-5x more powerful than most of the other budget atom boxes out there in the 5-10 usd/eur price range. Seems like a pretty good deal.

I picked up one of each yesterday, will post the results of what I get. If the bandwidth turns out to be a fairly usable unmetered 100mbps I'll probably end up keeping both, add some variety to my OVH & Online.net high bandwidth boxes.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I think I can make use of one of these, just torn between the Quad or the Duo.

• Looks like a good offer, intending to make it into a mail server but seems overkill.

• wychwych Member

@Nekki said:
    I think I can make use of one of these, just torn between the Quad or the Duo.

Go for the quad, enjoy the extra cores ;)

Thanked by 1yomero
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

wych said: Go for the quad, enjoy the extra cores ;)

250GB extra disk too, probably the deal-breaker. Can't really argue for less than a tenner.

Thanked by 1netomx

So I made an order and it was canceled with no reason given which is weird because I've never had an issue ordering services from any provider ever....

• wychwych Member

@agoldenberg said:
    So I made an order and it was canceled with no reason given which is weird because I've never had an issue ordering services from any provider ever....

Stock issues?

@wych that's what I thought initially, however I am still able to order the exact same config. Have sent a ticket in to billing to see whats up. Would have been nice to include some form of detail when they cancel an order on me lol!

• Do they allow to add extra ips ? Only one is shown in their website ,

• Core 2 duo is out of stock still have quad and atom it seems

• Also the Intel i7-2600k @ $30 is quite interesting. Comes with 16GB of DDR3 and 5 IPs.

CPU benchmark for this one is 8545 which is impressive for the price.

• FredQc said: Also the Intel i7-2600k @ $30 is quite interesting.

Yes. Still, I hate how all these servers have just ONE disk and isn't upgradable.

Also, not having some kind of remote control facility, or something to reinstall/rescue is a deal breaker for me.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I've had a cache box there for a while now without issue, as well as a few colo. They've always been pretty quick, but they did once screw up a custom switch (port) config.

• I also went for the Quad ;)

They told me to order again, as the order was pretty much wiped out of their system. Added another order. Now to see if it gets provisioned or canceled again.

• Rob92Rob92 Member
    edited August 2015

I picked up a Core 2 Duo last night and got it provisioned this morning. The root password they gave me was incorrect so I opened up a ticket and we'll see how long it takes for them to respond

Edit: About 40 minutes later everything is working great

So they canceled the second server citing Fraud/Chargeback. I've never had service with them and can verify my address. My paypal account is verified with no issues on it.... This is stupid.