Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Namecheap 99c Domains - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Namecheap 99c Domains

Comments

• my experience with the $0.98 transfer deal coupon:

12:01PM added 10 domains to cart ($9.80 + $1.60 ICANN fees) and applied coupon code

2:30PM after spending 2 1/2 hours receiving error messages in their checkout was finally able to complete the transaction and pay

2:35PM checked credit card account and Name Cheap billed me $98.70 even though the amount on the final checkout submit page said $11.60

2:38PM go to live help

14:38Dmitriy P.: Hello, you've contacted Live Support! Please give me a minute to look through the question you asked.
    14:40Dmitriy P.: Please let me check the ordr.
    14:43Dmitriy P.: In order to verify your account please provide me with your Namecheap username and your Support PIN. You can find it here: https://manage.www.namecheap.com/myaccount/modify-profile-supportsettings.aspx
    14:44me: xxxx support pin xxxx username
    14:44Dmitriy P.: Thank you
    14:48Dmitriy P.: Please hold on.
    14:48Dmitriy P.: I am checking the issue.
    14:52Dmitriy P.: Please stay on line. You request takes time.
    14:52me: ok
    14:58Dmitriy P.: I will need to cancel your domain transfer and resubmit that.
    14:58Dmitriy P.: You will be refunded and charged once again with coupon code discounts.
    14:58me: OK, that's fine.
    14:59Dmitriy P.: Pelae give me some time to process the request
    15:00me: OK.
    15:13Dmitriy P.: Ssorry for keep you waiting.
    15:13me: that's ok
    15:13Dmitriy P.: Few of your domains have been refunded.
    15:14Dmitriy P.: Need some time to cancel other transfers.
    15:14me: ok
    15:19Dmitriy P.: It has left 4 more to cancel and refund
    15:19me: ok
    15:19Dmitriy P.: It is 3 now
    15:37Dmitriy P.: Your domains have beed added to transfer list with coupon code applied
    15:38me: OK. Is the refund being issued to my credit card for the original purchase?
    15:39Dmitriy P.: You have been refunded to funds automatically.
    15:39me: is there any way to refund it to the credit card instead?
    15:40Dmitriy P.: Would you please contact our bDomain billing department via ticket.

3:45PM open support ticket to try to get them to refund original purchase to credit card instead of a "name cheap funds" account

@##$%^^&;^%$namecheap

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

great deal

• 10 minutes until the registration offer starts :)

• MauriceMaurice Member
    edited November 2012

One minute early, site is incredibly slow...

• @Maurice said: One minute early, site is incredibly slow...

Unsurprisingly.

• Code is DOMAINTIME

• Trying to register a domain, but oh-my-gerrdd... So, slow. Page keeps timing out. I know the domain is available, but I can't add it to my card without getting errors.

the website got the issues:
    We apologize, but, we are unable to process the page
    Support has been notified about this issue and we will try to get this resolved as soon as possible.

not designed to serve so many users at the same time.

• Namecheap needs to quit using Apache and step up to Nginx :D

• mahjongmahjong Member
    edited November 2012

open your cart on an another tab, maybe the domain is already there. For me that was the case, even though i got the same error.

Edit: i see, it is not just the cart, nearly every page got 500.

• I just barely got mine.

• I wonder if the slowness is artificial or real... we shall never know... no one likes to register domains that cheap.

the website have issues:
    http://status.namecheap.com/?p=10472

• DOMAINTIME - 99 c for com/org/net

• Just waiting for them to sort it out. Can't believe cloudhosting.com is available....

• and for the record, it is not available. Just hoping a bunch of people go over their and waste 10 minutes finding out for themselves.

@MannDude said: Just waiting for them to sort it out.

maximum 2000 code usage

• @gsrdgrdghd said: One question, is Namecheap a good registrar? I'm considering moving my domains from InternetBS but i'm not really sure. Is whois included when renewing domains?

imo id go for Namesilo and save a few bucks.. am going to transfer 5 domains when they come up for renewal.

• I feel that namecheap and internet.bs are the best reigstars available.

Just my $0.02

• still, it is pretty funny, that the site is not responding, while at the top you always read: 800 000+ customers served or x million domain registered. Seems like this +2000 is hard to handle.

• Namecheap said: The additional capacity we have online is fully functioning & is not loaded but some database queries are being queued up & causing issues

• Well, I highly doubt they get us much traffic on a typical day of orders as they get when they announce big promotions like this. Though I would of expected them to prepare better beforehand, as they've ran big promotions in the past that slowed things down. (Though never this much)

• NateN34NateN34 Member
    edited November 2012

Damn, their website is getting hammered.

EDIT: Bah, I give up. Keeps saying "unable to process your order".

• Phew! That was hard work.

I decided to have a go with an IDN, just for giggles.

Got 太り過ぎ侍.com in the end.

• ahhhhhhhhh i can't think of a domain name!

• @MannDude said: I feel that namecheap and internet.bs are the best reigstars available.

Name.com is as well.

• Impossible to add the domain to cart :(

• @Ruriko said: Impossible to add the domain to cart :(

Ditto...

• 1.3k coupons still left? Surprising; I could have sworn all the transfer coupons went within 10 minutes.