Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VMWARE vps with 1GB RAM/20GB SSD/2TB traffic in UK/FR/DE/IT/CZ for 12eur/year - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VMWARE vps with 1GB RAM/20GB SSD/2TB traffic in UK/FR/DE/IT/CZ for 12eur/year

Comments

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

zevus said: zlin,CZ

They are located in Ktiš which is in the other side of the country, not Zlin.

• tommy said: @dragon1993 time to use another benchmark script? WTH so many 0 MB/s

I haven't updated curl-speedtest in awhile because I've been busy. It should be fixed now :)

• @ArubaCloud - Your panels are HORRIBLE. It's really enough to drive customers away!

• I can't allocate a new VPS to my account without paying via PayPal / CC or Bank Transfer DESPITE the fact that I have 9EU credit allocated. WHY?
    • I have to have 2 logins to complete a simple task. All we want is 1 login to pay and provision. It's really that simple.
    • You keep switching languages on me and as I only speak English it's highly ANNOYING!
    Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • +1 their CP is annoying and confusing

• ArubaCloudArubaCloud Member, Host Rep

@Junkless said:
    Is there any way to select the location while provisioning the VM ?

When you choose a data center, you can work only on it. To change location, you need to change data center.

@sandro said:
    Anyway what are your terms for CPU usage?

Our CPU allocation model follows the best-effort principles

Thanked by 2sandro Shot2
  • @ArubaCloud said:
    Our CPU allocation model follows the best-effort principles

Is there a limit when it's considered abuse?

• Over a six day period in August 2013, Italian Web host Aruba S.p.A. fraudulently announced its ownership of 256 IP addresses into the global routing system known as border gateway protocol, the messages document. Aruba's move came under the direction of Hacking Team and the Special Operations Group of the Italian National Military Police, which was using Hacking Team's Remote Control System malware to monitor the computers of unidentified targets.

edited November 2015

@sandro said:
    Is there a limit when it's considered abuse?

CPU usage could be limited only when a customer create a suffering on the entire virtual machines structure

• @tr1cky said:

Are you saying this was a bad thing?

• @alaningus said:

Let's announce some of your IPs somewhere, pretending to be you and let's sniff on what you do. You would be happy, right?

Thanked by 1hawkjohn7
  • @tr1cky said:
    Let's announce some of your IPs somewhere ...

As I understand it they were helping out the Italian police who had (with the Hacking Team) lost control of a block of IPs that belonged to "Santrex, the "bullet-proof" Web hosting provider that catered to criminals".

Aruba announcing them allowed the police to regain control.

Any negativity directed towards the Italian Police and the Hacking Team is probably justified (although I don't pretend to know whether they were justified in their operations) but it seems to me that Aruba were just briefly aiding a criminal investigation.

• JUNAIDJUNAID Member
    edited November 2015

@tr1cky said:
    Do they charge VAT extra?

Yes..they do 20%

• If VAT is not applicable for you, you can make a request.
    They ask will ask for ID proof and then exclude future payments from VAT

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@alaningus said:

Is stealing IP space a good thing? Would you like if 256 of your IPs were announced to the global routing table by a foreign ISP?

• Sniff Sniff Sniff

Smells like necro, but any recent reviews on aruba? I might be interested in their London DC. Do they colocate in London or resell somebody? @arubacloud

• London is good for the price :)

• @GM2015 said:
    Sniff Sniff Sniff

Smells like necro, but any recent reviews on aruba? I might be interested in their London DC. Do they colocate in London or resell somebody? arubacloud

I have some vps with aruba at London DC... and performance is very good.
    I think they own the hardware, but is located into Equinix DataCenter at UK.

• Looks like they have implemented rDNS (reverse dns, PTR) on their Cloud Server Smart offer. Can't tell for how long this feature has been sitting there, in the lefthand panel under 'Public IP > Details'...

Now, fingers crossed for IPv6... :)

Thanked by 1kingpin
  • anyone know how long to get voucher in?

I have requested free trial 2 month ago and never got voucher yet

• @add_iT said:

anyone know how long to get voucher in?

I have requested free trial 2 month ago and never got voucher yet

it will take some time if the voucher doesn't get allocated in the first few days

@Shot2 said:
    Looks like they have implemented rDNS (reverse dns, PTR) on their Cloud Server Smart offer. Can't tell for how long this feature has been sitting there, in the lefthand panel under 'Public IP > Details'...

Now, fingers crossed for IPv6... :)

tunnel the Ipv6 from HE

• So guys, a bit over four months have gone by since the thread was created, how stable is ArubaCloud, what is uptime, are there any significant network issues? And what location do you prefer?

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited January 2016

bersy said: So guys, a bit over four months have gone by since the thread was created, how stable is ArubaCloud, what is uptime, are there any significant network issues? And what location do you prefer?

100% so far in DE, all those small outages recorded by my monitoring should be me flipping about mariadb.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • ~ uptime

21:41:48 up 97 days, 3:11, 1 user, ...

have one in UK, runs smoothly... but I don't do a very detailed monitoring on that one. at least always up, when I accessed my vpn to watch tv ;-)

tried one in germany too, playing around with some kind of fancy nfs stuff with another german vps from another provider... but network connection wasn't that convincingly (it seems to be even better for that case from their UK place)

after all top notch at 1€ per month and not being OVZ. would go for another one, if needed...

Thanked by 2bersy vimalware
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited January 2016

I've got 5 vm-s and don't monitor them.

Ok.. I'm logging in to uptime droid.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • dragon1993dragon1993 Member
    edited January 2016

@bersy said:
    So guys, a bit over four months have gone by since the thread was created, how stable is ArubaCloud, what is uptime, are there any significant network issues? And what location do you prefer?

Ioping terrible on Germany datacenter. (1-15ms)
    CZ have slow network to west europe.
    I read that IT-2 datacenter is perfect.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • Have tried all Aruba-owned datacenters (DC1 to 3): both italian DCs run fine & dandy, whereas the czech one lags a bit behind networkwise (checking from OVH fr). Still, no issue so far and they're even adding features (rdns) which is encouraging.

Thanked by 2bersy mehargags
  • @dragon1993 said:
    I read that IT-2 datacenter is perfect.

Tried IT-1 - average hardware and slow network. My favourite is London DC, the best hardware and unreal network.
    But I think I will better buy a new OVH vps for the next project.

• @Gulf said:
    Tried IT-1 - average hardware and slow network. My favourite is London DC, the best hardware and unreal network. But I think I will better buy a new OVH vps for the next project.

ArubaCloud (CZ) perfect for a hobby project, but i afraid use for production.
    Aruba suspens my friend webserver vps. (suspicious traffic)

• GeekoineGeekoine Member
    edited January 2016

@bersy said:
    So guys, a bit over four months have gone by since the thread was created, how stable is ArubaCloud, what is uptime, are there any significant network issues? And what location do you prefer?

DC1, 100% uptime since august. On DC2 I had 10 minutes of downtime. Network is generally good on both DC1 and DC2 (1 gbit/s); once or twice I've seen some slowdowns, for not more than 5 minutes. So, very good for the price.

Thanked by 1bersy