Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for beta testers - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for beta testers

Comments

• arpanjotarpanjot Member
    edited July 2015

Yeah, they a posted their offer as cloudbells sometime ago

• FredQc said: I won't go any further now. Nice way to collect emails btw.

for those worried about such things should use Abine https://www.abine.com/maskme/

• @rickey318 said:
    Signed up to see what the service was about. Just got my invite and created a server. Thanks Cloudrino

Happy to have you on board.

• @getvps said:
    I hate facebook, so invite is not available for me? : - )

Just verify your email and wait for a couple of days, your invite shall arrive in your inbox :)

• @roykem said:
    well, i'm deny any further too..

Sorry to see you go. Do verify your email, in case you'd be willing to test our product.

• @tommy said:
    too much work for beta tester!!!

Agreed. We're a small startup with next to no social presence. We think we can connect more with our clients if they can get updates directly on their social feed.

Even if you do not wish to follow us on social networks, its fine. Just do not forget to verify your email. Invitations are only send to verified emails :)
    Yes, social sharing gives you an advantage, but its just a matter of a couple of days :)

• @FlamesRunner said:
    "Free server for life" for a like and tweet is one of the best deals you can get.

These only come by every so often, you know.

Its not that if you do not like or tweet to us, you wont get a cloud server.

We aim to make cloud simple and accessible to everyone. :)

• @vimalware said:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, 'Koonk technologies' is the same entity behind Cloudbells 'Indian data center' venture.

It's a very bold play to build a new DC in India. So, I feel like cutting them some slack.

Yes, we're the same firm and we're bootstrapped. We did not build the DC in the conventional way, but that doesnt mean that its in a garage as well. :)

We tried really hard with cloudbells but more often than not got the response from clients that cloud is what they want, even though some of them might not understand it.

Post beta phase, we intend to have 5 nodes around the globe and the option for users to select their location and move across multiple locations with a few clicks.

• @TarZZ92 said:

Indeed. We have no intention of spamming. :)

• bertanbertan Member

Email verified.

In what city are the first batch of servers located? I have not received an invite yet.

• Baaah too many steps in order to get the beta testing account :( FB AND Twitter?

• approve my account: email pe.....@gmail.com

• Activate my account, please. My mail * @ * .*.edu.ar
    fb ☑
    twitter ☑

• @bertan said:
    Email verified.

In what city are the first batch of servers located? I have not received an invite yet.

Thank you for requesting invite. Please allow it a couple of days.

Currently we have nodes in India and USA.

Thanked by 1farsighter
  • @Strikerr said:
    Activate my account, please. My mail * @ * .*.edu.ar
    fb ☑
    twitter ☑

I have moved you a little ahead on the queue, you should get your invite tomorrow or at worst day after early morning :)

See you on board.

• @ronaldgrn said:
    approve my account: email pe.....gmail.com

Please verify your email, if you have not already. Social sharing and following would put you a little ahead on the queue :)

Please wait for a couple of days. Thanks!

• farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited July 2015

What is the virtualization you're using? What is TOS for VPS usage (do you block any port)?
    What is your background? Any special reason to believe your service is here to stay?

BTW your captcha failed to render properly on my tiny mobile screen, and I'm away from home this week.
    If you allow VOIP development please manually add me. My email address is behind following terminal command:

Thanks for your generosity :)

• @Strikerr said:
    Activate my account, please. My mail * @ * .*. edu.ar
    fb ☑
    twitter ☑

You are from Argentina???

• Signed up and verified email. Will do the social media thing once you provide some service :)

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited July 2015

Terms of service:

You hereby grant to Cloudrino.net a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide right and license during the term of this Agreement to do the following to the extent necessary to provide the Services under this Agreement: (a) digitize, convert, install, upload, select, order, arrange, compile, combine, synchronize, use, reproduce, store, process, retrieve, transmit, distribute, publish, publicly display, publicly perform and hyperlink any content uploaded by You; and (b) make archival or backup copies of content uploaded by You to the Cloudrino.net servers. Cloudrino.net shall have the right, but not the obligation, to make backup copies of the data uploaded by You to the Cloudrino.net servers. You are responsible for any of your content residing on Cloudrino.net's servers and for the backup thereof.

You probably want to rethink those terms. If I was using your VPS service, I wouldn't want you reproducing, retrieving, distributing or publishing, etc the contents of my VPS.

• PwnerPwner Member

@MarkTurner said:

Terms of service:
    You hereby grant to Cloudrino.net a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide right and license during the term of this Agreement to do the following to the extent necessary to provide the Services under this Agreement: (a) digitize, convert, install, upload, select, order, arrange, compile, combine, synchronize, use, reproduce, store, process, retrieve, transmit, distribute, publish, publicly display, publicly perform and hyperlink any content uploaded by You; and (b) make archival or backup copies of content uploaded by You to the Cloudrino.net servers. Cloudrino.net shall have the right, but not the obligation, to make backup copies of the data uploaded by You to the Cloudrino.net servers. You are responsible for any of your content residing on Cloudrino.net's servers and for the backup thereof.

You probably want to rethink those terms. If I was using your VPS service, I wouldn't want you reproducing, retrieving, distributing or publishing, etc the contents of my VPS.

Now I see why this service is "free" for developers.

• They may glady distribute my Linux ISOs!

• cassacassa Member

Signed up. Hope I'll get an email soon :-)

• @Pwner said:
    Now I see why this service is "free" for developers.

Yea that prevents me from using it for production on anything. Its like a vague way of giving them free software licences legally.

It is no better than a kiddie LEB which you can expect to disappear at any time..

• @cloudrino any comment on your TOS?

• MridulMridul Member

i have sent youa pm

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2015

MarkTurner said: publish, publicly display, publicly perform and hyperlink any content uploaded by You;

This part bothers me, the part before is ok (I guess)

MarkTurner said: You hereby grant to Cloudrino.net a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide right and license during the term of this Agreement to do the following to the extent necessary to provide the Services under this Agreement: (a) digitize, convert, install, upload, select, order, arrange, compile, combine, synchronize, use, reproduce, store, process, retrieve, transmit, distribute,

Could it be some legal mumbo-jumbo needed to move/migrate a vps between different countries/DC/continents?
    Perhaps not needed ?

• @pcfreak30 said:
    cloudrino any comment on your TOS?

These TOS were not personally made by us, but our attorneys. These TOS safe-guard us in worse situations.

These are standard terms and if you cannot agree to them, I am sorry but we wont be able to host you.

I am happy to see you guys on board, and those who are not invited yet, please be a little patient and you'll soon be invited.

• @mikho said:
    Perhaps not needed ?

Having a presence in India, we need to abide to certain guidelines laid by NIXI(Internet Exchange). We are not here to copy and run away with your software. Please understand that these terms are documented by our attorneys for worst case scenarios.

• PwnerPwner Member

@cloudrino said:

Your ToS doesn't safeguard you, it strips intellectual property rights from the developer who coded it, just for hosting it on your VMs.

Thanked by 1stackmutt