Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What weird vpn server locations would you like to see? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What weird vpn server locations would you like to see?

1235»

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

And I was just about to suggest Narnia.

Thanked by 2ricardo mpkossen
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2015

@mpkossen said:
    Just a short reminder for everyone: racism is not allowed here in any form or in any way. I have a very strict policy when it comes to this and zero tolerance!

Countries and regions are not races. I see a lack of intelligence and stupid comments, did you remove some racism from the thread or something?

Not that I really care much, I support the ban, just curious :P

Sincerely,
    Late to the party

Thanked by 1netomx
  • MuZoMuZo Member

@Jar said:
    Late to the party

The guy was saying that all middle east is terrorist

Thanked by 1jar

@MuZo said:
    The guy was saying that all middle east is terrorist

Yeah but is there only one race of human in the Middle East? A region is not a race to my knowledge. Dumb and racism are two different things.

• MuZoMuZo Member
    edited August 2015

@Jar said:

Yeah but is there only one race of human in the Middle East? A region is not a race to my knowledge. Dumb and racism are two different things.

It's dumb and racist to the various races in middle east that get generalized as one and called "terrorist"

Thanked by 1jar
    edited August 2015

@MuZo said:
    It's dumb and racist to the various races in middle east that get generalized as one and called "terrorist"

I guess we've dulled the meaning of the word over time. Probably someone needs to update Websters to say "Racism is any deregatory statement made about large masses of land."

Seems to me terrorism, for example, is often carried out by people of many physical races, and the fact that a certain brand of it thrives in the Middle East is not racist. Most people in the Middle East, just as anywhere else in the world, are peaceful and friendly people of course. They know about the problems that exist in their borders, just as the rest of us know about the problems that exist within our own.

• MuZo said: The guy was saying that all middle east is terrorist

Where did he say that? Can you give a quote?

• He didn't say it, but it was easily inferred.

I am not including the Middle East because I do not want to support terrorism

edited August 2015

@ricardo said:
    He didn't say it, but it was easily inferred.

My fear is that you must first believe that "terrorism" and the "Middle East" are references to a race to see others as referencing a race by referencing these things. That in itself implies a more covert, likely unintentional racism to me. I'll stop there, I've made my point, and certainly not intending to be controversial but only to foster community.

Regardless, I feel bad for him as he obviously has not had the opportunity of getting to know people in that region. Just like anywhere else, a lot of hard working people with plenty of things going on that are worthy of news report.

Sorry Maarten, didn't mean to give you a hard time. Just good old fashioned community accountability with love :)

• Reasons to not get servers in a certain country:

• you do not agree with its politics
    • the situation there is very unstable
    • you do not want to accidentally support certain groups located there
    • there are protests regularly where the flag of your country is burned for trying to help fight terrorism

My preferences would also include no Middle East (no Russia, no "five eyes", maybe even no France..). I am sure that's what OP meant.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Jar said: Countries and regions are not races. I see a lack of intelligence and stupid comments, did you remove some racism from the thread or something?

I used racism as an umbrella term for an apparent and sincere lack of respect (combined with a healthy dose of stupidity). I may switch terminology in the future, but I'll keep banning these people just as instantly.

Thanked by 1jar
This discussion has been closed.