Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What weird vpn server locations would you like to see? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What weird vpn server locations would you like to see?

Comments

• openvpn said: I don't want to go jail lol... So anything located in a country that is a haven for terrorists is a no go. I don't think I will even do Pakistan because it's a cesspool.

so no Iran? Shitty service then. Either do it right or don't do it at all.

Thanked by 2switsys doughmanes
  • noaman said: Pakistan...or better yet mars....:-p

Pluto is more fashionable right now.

openvpn said: I haven't got that far yet. But somewhere between 45 and 60 euros a year. So around 6 to 8 euros a month it probably will be depending on a few factors.

I'm paying $45/yr for the ability to switch between a lot of countries and a very nice legal and security setup. What are you offering in the way of legal protections?

• Any location is great for me if it is reliable. An Irish location would be neat though

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

badpatrick said: Any location is great for me if it is reliable.

This. I think VPN providers should focus much more on cheap bandwidth than on locations.

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

Maybe try Georgia? I think having a server there is quite unusual. Bandwidth may be very expensive though.

The two dominant telecoms are Silknet and Caucasus Online.

• @4n0nx said:
    This. I think VPN providers should focus much more on cheap bandwidth than on locations.

Problem is how do I attract repeat business without offering something no one else does? If I offer the same boring exit nodes such as nl,se,ru,usa,uk then I won't get any repeat business. But if I offer exotic server locations that are stable people will come back and pay money.

• Iran? Qatar? UAE? I am not touching the Middle East with a ten foot pole.

I do not want to end up in a c.i.a prison =-)

• @openvpn said:
    Iran? Qatar? UAE? I am not touching the Middle East with a ten foot pole.

What about Israel I'd buy one there.

• I understand the idea of offering something unique in order to differentiate yourself in the marketplace. However, unusual locations is perhaps counter to the needs of VPN users who would rather blend in and not be easily identified. Here are some of the things which I need to know before I would even consider getting a commercial VPN:

• where are you registered?
    • do you log anything?
    • do you keep payment details?
    • do you leave information on hdd or run entirely in ram?
    • do you have a warrant canary?

You may well have reasons for doing things one way or the other, but I want to hear good reasons. After that, I'd be interested in location and bandwidth. Not before.

• Ole_Juul said: do you have a warrant canary?

Do you think they are actually worth anything? If a warrant actually takes place, it will probably order to NOT change anything in the normal operation, thus they will keep publishing it even if it's not true.

• tehdantehdan Member

I prefer my VPN providers :

1 - not to misappropriate the name/logo of popular open source software in a cheap attempt to steal some credibility
    2 - not to spout ignorant, racist crap in public forums

You're too late to the party to make millions in The VPN industry. Weird locations will only attract very niche (and short-term novelty) business.

Thanked by 3netomx NanoG6 ucxo
  • Traffic said: Do you think they are actually worth anything? If a warrant actually takes place, it will probably order to NOT change anything in the normal operation, thus they will keep publishing it even if it's not true.

I think you're probably right. But I want the provider to discuss things like that so I get a sense of how they're approaching privacy and security. To me, that's their job.

Some providers don't seem to have much to offer, although they may be good for people who want to stream media. That's not me. I just want to have a little privacy. As far as strong security is concerned, well, that's more a matter of education for me. I strive for it sometimes, but don't have a real world need beyond my own learning.

• ehabehab Member

@tr1cky said:

• North Korea
    • Antarctica

that would be tr1cky.

Thanked by 1drazilox
  • ehabehab Member

any place in Africa except south.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Finland. No affordable offers in Finland. You be first! :)

• Sri Lanka ;)

• halczyhalczy Member

Macau please.

• FritzFritz Veteran

Hongkong, Canada and French would be good.

• Tristan, South Atlantic Ocean

They have an awesome uplink of 255kbps (maximum) to the world.

Awesome!

• Warrant canneries are useless. They will just place a gag order on you so you can't say anything or modify the website. I don't plan to have one because it's useless shit that won't matter in the end.

• @openvpn said:
    Iran? Qatar? UAE? I am not touching the Middle East with a ten foot pole.

So you have balls :D

• Russia? China?

• @OP where did the servers were at while in Argentina?

• I am trying to source all ex USSR/CIS countires as vpn server locations.

If you can help with ex USSR/CIS servers contact me with the fine details.

@grimsdottir said:
    Russia? China?

Russia yes. China maybe. China is expensive and people will only use it for spam.>

@inthecloudblog said:
    OP where did the servers were at while in Argentina?

I don't understand what you want???

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member

@tehdan said:
    I prefer my VPN providers :

1 - not to misappropriate the name/logo of popular open source software in a cheap attempt to steal some credibility
    2 - not to spout ignorant, racist crap in public forums

Well said buddy

• lol troll... do you think i am going to jail for 60 euros a year per user? sorry buddy no go.

• @openvpn said:
    I am trying to source all ex USSR/CIS countires as vpn server locations.

You mentioned you rented an Argentina location. Have you checked where they hosted the VPN? Can you provide IP by PM please?

• @openvpn said:
    I am trying to source all ex USSR/CIS countires as vpn server locations.

A Russian VPS would be an insta buy for me :D

• iSkyiSky Member

Indonesia ?

• @grimsdottir said:
    A Russian VPS would be an insta buy for me :D

set up your own?

http://firstvds.ru/products/vds_vps_cheap

use a translator to sign up the billing and control panel have english language available.

This discussion has been closed.