Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What weird vpn server locations would you like to see? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What weird vpn server locations would you like to see?

Comments

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited July 2015

@Profforg said:
    openvpn you ask to give you wierd vpn location and said "i don't want jailed" to all suggestions? What for did you make the topic then, to spam?

Belize location can be interesting.

Well I think he was only worrying about the middle east, which I understand so far. It's not really a great place for a VPN (and why would you want to use that as a location anyway?).

Malaysia by the way has a dual justice system, which means regular laws by a common legal system + they accept sharia law

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia#Freedom_of_speech

Sorry, but nope ;)

• Mexico, Portugal, Uganda, Iraq...

• MrXMrX Member

Profforg said: Belize location can be interesting.

You wouldn't be saying that if you had ever looked at the IT infrastructure in Belize.

I mean, it would be a great option if you wanted a dial-up emulator for some reason.

• MrX said: it would be a great option if you wanted a dial-up emulator for some reason.

lol :)

• MrX said: I mean, it would be a great option if you wanted a dial-up emulator for some reason.

Not going to download torrents via such VPN. Just visit regular websites, UDP, GZIP, Caching.

• serciosercio Member

how about "Chechnya" ?

Thanked by 1muratai
  • ArchieArchie Member

Singapore and HongKong

• Archie said: Singapore and HongKong

I think those are both practical and desirable.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • LV426LV426 Member

@chrisp said:

Well I think he was only worrying about the middle east, which I understand so far. It's not really a great place for a VPN (and why would you want to use that as a location anyway?).

Malaysia by the way has a dual justice system, which means regular laws by a common legal system + they accept sharia law

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia#Freedom_of_speech

Sorry, but nope ;)

Not everyone believes "free speech" begins and ends at cartoons of Muhammad.

Thanked by 24n0nx Nomad
  • tehdan said: 2 - not to spout ignorant, racist crap in public forums

LowEndCrybabies

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • Look some of you need a reality check. Some suggestions are just fucking ridiculous.

I am not including the Middle East because I do not want to support terrorism. I will never do business with anyone in the Middle East and I mean NEVER! Not because I'm racist but because it just spells trouble. I will not sit in a c.i.a prison for 20 years just for creating a vpn. And I don't want any of the users of my vpn to go to jail either. Look I'm a privacy advocate but I know what common sense is so I am not doing the Middle East for the sake of myself and my future users.

Plus do you really want to be put on a nsa watch list just because you used a vpn? I think not buddy.

Some suggestions I can and will do. Thank you for your reasonable posts.

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member

openvpn said: I am not including the Middle East because I do not want to support terrorism.

Duuuuuude..

• I will also never do Israel for the same reasons I will not do the Middle East.

• Why would you be better than hma? Good question to start with

• @openvpn said:
    Look some of you need a reality check. Some suggestions are just fucking ridiculous.

I am not including the Middle East because I do not want to support terrorism. I will never do business with anyone in the Middle East and I mean NEVER! Not because I'm racist but because it just spells trouble. I will not sit in a c.i.a prison for 20 years just for creating a vpn. And I don't want any of the users of my vpn to go to jail either. Look I'm a privacy advocate but I know what common sense is so I am not doing the Middle East for the sake of myself and my future users.

Plus do you really want to be put on a nsa watch list just because you used a vpn? I think not buddy.

Lol, calm down.

• openvpn said: I haven't got that far yet. But somewhere between 45 and 60 euros a year. So around 6 to 8 euros a month it probably will be depending on a few factors.

I will take payment only in bitcoin, litecoin, darkcoin and cash in mail.

Privacy focused service I want to build.

You do realize other VPN providers offer 50+ locations to use for half that price already? What exactly are you offering that others don't already offer?

• MrXMrX Member

NathanZepol said: You do realize other VPN providers offer 50+ locations to use for half that price already? What exactly are you offering that others don't already offer?

Hilarious forum posts.

Thanked by 3ucxo deadbeef netomx
  • NathanZepolNathanZepol Member
    edited July 2015

@MrX said:
    Hilarious forum posts.

I can agree on that on.
    Especially looking at his older posts : http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/58804/tell-me-about-control-panels

• ManiacManiac Member

Israel

• chrispchrisp Member

@inthecloudblog said:
    Why would you be better than hma? Good question to start with

HMA is just too huge. Actually HMA is not a good solution for really hiding, but rather for geolocated services, watching yt videos, that are restricted in your country and such.

just an example https://invisibler.com/hidemyass-didnt-hide-his/

I wouldn't trust the big players anyway, best VPN I had was Perfect Privacy. You would think that they are ridiculously expensive, but well it always depends on what you're doing with it ;)

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • edited July 2015

@chrisp re read it.. In fact I don't need to hide although I'd like to keep my stuff private ( there is a difference).

• inthecloudblog said: I don't need to hide although I'd like to keep my stuff private ( there is a difference).

This is key to choosing a service. People do have different requirements and expectations. I think most VPN providers are best for geolocated services and streaming. If being untraceable is the aim, then obviously a service like HMA will do little for you. Although a service can do much better than HMA in isolating the user, one still has to take a lot more things into account and work out a more comprehensive approach.

I too have my doubts about the OP, as I do with even established services, but nevertheless would still support him in what I consider to be a worthwhile endeavour. Diversity and the ability to give things like this a try is what makes the net good.

• NomadNomad Member
    edited August 2015

@openvpn said:
    Look some of you need a reality check. Some suggestions are just fucking ridiculous.

And yet you are willing to work with the biggest warmongering country ever existed in history. One that produces and sells weapons and mercenaries and supports terrorism. One that has an economy based on wars.

Sure. < snipped >

Thanked by 1NathanZepol
  • I'm shutting the vpn project down as of today. It's just too much trouble.

I like to support companies/countries based on morals and ethics.

So I would not deal with any Middle Eastern or Arab company/country.

Nor would I deal with Israel for that matter.

Anyway the project is dead so it's all hot air really =-)

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

@openvpn said:
    I'm shutting the vpn project down as of today. It's just too much trouble.

I like to support companies/countries based on morals and ethics.

So I would not deal with any Middle Eastern or Arab company/country.

Nor would I deal with Israel for that matter.

Anyway the project is dead so it's all hot air really =-)

That was quick...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Yes I know.... All good things come to an end =-)

• @openvpn said:

it's all hot air really =-)

Unfortunate that the only person that didn't know this from day 1 was you.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Just a short reminder for everyone: racism is not allowed here in any form or in any way. I have a very strict policy when it comes to this and zero tolerance!

Thanked by 3AuroraZ TarZZ92 NanoG6
  • Yet this thread has been allowed to run for weeks...

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited August 2015

@tehdan said:
    Yet this thread has been allowed to run for weeks...

Nobody seems to have flagged it. Until today.

This discussion has been closed.