Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostress, LLC has acquired GreenValueHost v2 Clients and domain. - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostress, LLC has acquired GreenValueHost v2 Clients and domain.

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Mark_R

What happens is you get a fine and its not usually a small fine, A company I worked for in London lost a bunch of records and got an audit, the fine was in the region of £180,000 due to the volume.

The reason they got such a fine is that they could not show evidence that every effort was made to avoid it happening, I expect if your hardware failed and you could only recover 95% of the missing data but could show you have a system in place to recover at least that much information and only 24 hours loss maximum was possible then you would get no fine.

If you willfully and fully delete such data without keeping a good record of why or keeping paper copies for an audit they would absolutely hammer you and possibly strike you off as a director.

Thanked by 3Mark_R AshleyUk Pwner
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2015

Mark_R said: I'm pretty confident that the legal organization that checks the accounting information has no rights to force/require hosting service providers to setup a backup/redundancy system at their own cost just to prevent loss of accounting information. So in other words, hardware failure is still legally an option for not providing accounting details as i see it.

In the UK and US there is a legal requirement to hold records for a period of time. So no, hardware or any other failure is not a valid reason for not providing and maintaining them.

You are correct in that nobody could force you to create a backup/redundancy system, that is your choice, however the legal obligation remains and if you can't provide records, well you're shit out of luck.

The UK is strictest. If you turn up at tax time and the revenue wants to see your records but your "hardware" failure means you can't, here is what they do. I have experience of this after a fire at a business premises, where all the records were kept in paper form with no copies. It was in 2004.

They assess all your bank accounts, lifestyle and do it very thoroughly. Then they determine (their rules) what tax they think you are due and hit you with a notice.

Now that assessment will likely be more than you are due. They set the assessment at £10,000. In previous years was around £3,000 and £4,000 can;t remember exactly. So way higher than it should have been.

Unfair? Indeed, however guess what, yup, no records to disprove it. When it comes the revenue in the UK, it is not for them to prove you owe money, it is up to you to disprove it.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Mark_RMark_R Member

sounds like they give you no room to mess around.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

They don't, that's why when I get a request to delete an account I reply saying I am happy to close it but I cant delete it for tax reasons, I do however offer the opportunity to print off the records and change the details to a numbered account instead for £10, if they want it removed from every backup it is £10 p/day.

• gonggogonggo Member
    edited June 2015

I never been a customer of GVH/TacVPS but have an account on hostress, and I got email from [email protected]

WTF

• tdaletdale Member

Hello,

Can you open a ticket and paste the email.

Thank you.

@gonggo said:
    I never been a customer of GVH/TacVPS but have an account on hostress, and I got email from [email protected]

WTF

• gonggogonggo Member

@tdale said:
    Hello,

Can you open a ticket and paste the email.

Thank you.

sent to abuse

• @tdale did you migrate client from GVH/TacVPS to Hostress,and send email to all? im not customer from them either.

• tdaletdale Member

I migrated gvhclientarea.com clients to Hostress. TacVPS GVH clients are still at TacVPS. We will be migrating them over soon as well. Currently, anything.gvhclientarea.com and gvhclientarea.com is redirected to my.hostress.net. I put a welcome message there for previous GreenValueHost clients so they know old login info works. Everything went pretty smooth. Just ironing out a few things.

Thanks for everyone's Support!

• tdaletdale Member

Just a side statement:

Any time i referenced previous owners of GVH/TacVPS in a statement. It wasn't to put blame on them or have anyone attack them. I should of worded it differently. What i was trying to say was I cannot speak about how your information or accounts were handled before because simply i was not involved. All i can do is set your expectations going forward.

Thank you everyone for your patronage and support!

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

tdale said: Thank you everyone for your patronage and support!

??

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @tdale - rather than having all these messages on here where people are complaining about wanting to get deleted. Why don't you just setup an email address called [email protected] and then as people get these emails, they can just forward it back to that email address.

This will stop the neverending requests on here from people wanting to get off your database.

Thanked by 2netomx telephone
  • tdale said: Thank you everyone for your patronage and support!

No problem Chris.

• inb4 GVH v3 sale

Thanked by 1Dillybob
  • @eastonch said:
    inb4 GVH v3 sale

I really don't know what the world would say if they got this in their email box:

"GreenValueHost is proud to announce that we have reacquired GVH v1 and v2 customers and have also decided to make everyone feel even more uncomfortable by acquiring TacVPS and Hostress too!"

Heh...

• Omg congrats on mod

Thanked by 1TinyTunnel_Tom
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited June 2015

gonggo said: sent to abuse

For SPAM/UCE reports:

If you want to report a mail as SPAM or UCE, the following resources will be handy:

104.223.105.4 [email protected] (Network) @QuadraNet_Adam

192.3.100.117 HudsonValleyHost @Ernie

Remember to forward the emails to SpamCop so their users can also be alerted.

[email protected] / http://mandrillapp.com/contact/abuse

http://elasticemail.com/report-spam

• tommytommy Member

I hit wrong button

Your report has been submitted, and you'll receive a response within 24 hours.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2015

GVH Clients pay their requiring fees?

• tdale said: GVH will not come back. I promise you that.

Does that mean R.I.P GVH ?

• This post makes me so tired .

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

ServerGigs said: Does that mean R.I.P GVH ?

Naw... greenvalue.host is available.

Thanked by 2ATHK netomx
  • cassacassa Member

@raindog308 said: Naw... greenvalue.host is available.

http://superdeals.space/, only $6.99

• @tdale, If you are incompetent to provide a service give my money back.

@tdale said:
    This is very exciting news for GVH clients. We are pleased to now have you as a client and cannot wait to start providing you with our exceptional Hostress services.

Hostress is a full service provider. We include 24x7x365 support and 30 minutes or less customer service response time. We offer Shared Web Hosting, Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers and Co-location.

We will begin migrating all of your accounts over to our infrastructure including but not limited to Account portal, Hosting services and more. You will not lose any functionality from this migration.

Any recurring payments you have setup with PayPal have been canceled. If you would like to setup recurring payments again please do so on your next invoice. We accept PayPal and all major credit and debit cards.

Please stay tuned for more information as we begin the migration process.

Thank you for your loyalty

• parthk said: If you are incompetent to provide a service give my money back.

How much is your time worth (to waste) bumping all these old posts?

• KamAKamA Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2015

@parthk said:
    tdale, If you are incompetent to provide a service give my money back.

That's a good way to get a refund - harass the provider........ not

EDIT: It may sound like I'm defending tdale/Hostress, but I'm not. I'm simply stating you're going about getting your refund the worst possible way. If you want it so bad, open a dispute on PayPal or with your credit/debit card company, depending on how you paid.

• laticlatic Member, Host Rep

Shouldn't you also be harassing Duke for these refunds?

My guess is he has far more to do with GVH and the general dealings than he's come out and said!

• HbrHbr Member

@Dillybob said:
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, LOS ANGELS, CALIFORNIA -

Hey guys, GVH-Dilly here from GVH Incorporated, LLC & Brand President CEO & Founder.

I would like to publicly apologize about not coming clean in this dilemma. I originally sold the clients to Duke and I had talks with his wife before hand (we'll not get into that discussion), but in any event, the customers were sold to duke for 5,000 USD. Then, Duke found out there was more debt than what I calculated. So, in essence Duke did the right thing and sold them off to tdale. Now tdale finally accumulated an approximate debt value of in excess of well over $12,000. This has made Tom Dale very sad and depressed and anxiety has started to tick in. I feel like I am at 100% fault here and will resort to making youtube videos of me dancing to earn ad-revenue to eventually pay back everyone over.

Kind Regards,

--DildoBaggins Jon, Brand President & CEO of GVH.

Did you already start doing the videos? :)

Ohh guys, what a history. Anyway I wish everyone good luck!

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Anyone heard from Tom Dale lately?

• I'm glad I got a refund out of him before he disappeared