Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Setting up a DMCA free file sharing site? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Setting up a DMCA free file sharing site?

Comments

• @joelgm

This is the practical advice you're looking for.

@Traffic said:
    cociu can do this in RO. Great prices, great service, great support.

cociu asked if the books were romanian, because then he would have problems ;)

IF the books aren't romanian, then you can host with him.

Copyright in coutries like Ro, Ru, Ch etc. doesn't matter - unless it's local staff and even then, maybe. So, pick a hoster on such a place and you're done. Of course, you always keep backups.

Thanked by 1nitro85
  • @joelgm : @cociu is pretty cool with it.

If you want to give your provider some shielding, he's got KVM hosts(with vnc) for LUKS block storage.

His support staff is quite good. +Native quality english speakers.

• Alright. Help me pick a russian registrar too..

• TrafficTraffic Member

@joelgm said:
    Alright. Help me pick a russian registrar too..

Russian: https://panel.regway.com/user/neworder/order-domain-registration/

Half-Russian (run by russians): https://evonames.com/

And chinese...

http://www.eranet.com/

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • nitro85nitro85 Member
    edited May 2015

edit:

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited May 2015

@joelgm said:

It's required for RU domains.

Anyway, you weren't going to give them true data, right? ;)

I mean, for those purposes...

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited May 2015

@Traffic said:
    Anyway, you weren't going to give them true data, right? ;)

I was giving them partial data...I guess that was pretty stupid.

• AndreiAndrei Member
    edited May 2015

server.lu will kick you after a few DMCAs and they also tell you to take content down even when there is only 1 complaint.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2015

nexusrain said: Just for all your information: anyone can easily get the true IP behind CF. You don't even have to contact CF, there's a site which does that. Pm if someone's interested in the url.

Cloudflare resolvers are nothing new, and they only work if you leave DNS entries in your configuration that could reveal your real IP (eg. direct, direct-connect, mail, etc.). Somebody on here did point out another potential issue, but if it is CNAME flattening at fault (like I suspect it is), it will be patched eventually.

So no, you cannot necessarily get the real IP behind Cloudflare, unless there is indeed a bug in their CNAME flattening.

• @hostnoob For example, yes. But even if everything's secure this far - if the site is a forum or something else where you can upload images (guess it works with most sites where you can upload pictures), there's iplogger.org

nexusrain said: @hostnoob For example, yes. But even if everything's secure this far - if the site is a forum or something else where you can upload images (guess it works with most sites where you can upload pictures), there's iplogger.org

That reveals visitor IPs, not server IPs.

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

@joelgm said:

It is a common practice by most Russian domain registrar to request passport information. Unfortunately, when they ask for these details, you must provide or not be able to buy domain.

If you enter partial or invalid data, you may get away with it if the company does not check if the information is valid.

edited May 2015

I suppose there are services you can use to send mails for the server. But then again, that could be another trail pointing back at you. Is there a method of sending mail without getting your server ip leaked?

Anyone have experience registering .ru domain? Are there registrars who don't verify passport data?

• nexusrainnexusrain Member
    edited May 2015

@joepie91 It reveals the true ip of visitors - yes. But also the one from the server. Take a look at the invisible ip logger. Everyone who "opens" the image will be logged - including the server you upload the image to.

@joelgm I don't think there are registrars which don't require it because it's a guideline by the RU-CENTER. But obviously the pp number doesn't has to be correct, take a look at this: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/24891/register-ru-or-su-without-a-russian-passport

Thanked by 1nitro85
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited May 2015

@joelgm said:
    I suppose there are services you can use to send mails for the server. But then again, that could be another trail pointing back at you. Is there a method of sending mail without getting your server ip leaked?

Anyone have experience registering .ru domain? Are there registrars who don't verify passport data?

Mailing: Mandrill. Test it first, but I never had the server IP leaked.

.ru: evonames (never been asked anything)

.COM.UA     $6.00/year  $6.00/year
    .KIEV.UA    $4.50/year  $4.50/year
    .SU         $9.25/year  $9.25/year
    .RU         $2.80/year  $2.80/year
  • Traffic said: evonames

evonames.com? It doesnt list .ru.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited May 2015

@joelgm said:
    evonames.com? It doesnt list .ru.

After you register, it does ;)

• Traffic said: After you register, it does ;)

Evonames asked for passport, but didnt give me a field to type it!

• TrafficTraffic Member

@joelgm https://ahnames.com/domains?language=en are the same people, more expensive, and have live help. Maybe you can ask them?

• @Traffic said:
    joelgm https://ahnames.com/domains?language=en are the same people, more expensive, and have live help. Maybe you can ask them?

I'd opened a ticket at evonames. Their response was crazy

"Hello,
    Evonames doesn't work with dot RU domains.
    May be you saw this info on the site of our partner (AHnames.com)?"

• TrafficTraffic Member

joelgm said: I'd opened a ticket at evonames. Their response was crazy

Indeed. I guess you have to use AHNames or another registrar...

nexusrain said: @joepie91 It reveals the true ip of visitors - yes. But also the one from the server. Take a look at the invisible ip logger. Everyone who "opens" the image will be logged - including the server you upload the image to.

That is not technically possible, unless you can make the server explicitly retrieve the image (which most software doesn't do).

• AmitzAmitz Member

vstoike.ru (Nekki mentionned them already) work very well for me since several months. You should at least consider them if looking for a russian host for your files!

Thanked by 1Droidzone
  • hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited May 2015

@joepie91 said:
    That is not technically possible, unless you can make the server explicitly retrieve the image (which most software doesn't do).

If the OP's software will allow remote downloading you can just get it download a file from your server and check the IP in the access log. that's how most IPs behind cloudflare are exploited, things like forums which allow you to set a remote image as an avatar.

And of course sending mail from the same server (even using Mandrill leaves the original IP added to the headers)

hostnoob said: If the OP's software will allow remote downloading you can just get it download a file from your server and check the IP in the access log. that's how most IPs behind cloudflare are exploited, things like forums which allow you to set a remote image as an avatar.

Yes, that's what I said...

• @joepie91 said:

hostnoob said: If the OP's software will allow remote downloading you can just get it download a file from your server and check the IP in the access log.

I could easily fix that by adding a layer of perl script on the server to wget the remote files through a socks proxy through tor. The tor route would be flushed before each request.

hostnoob said: of course sending mail from the same server (even using Mandrill leaves the original IP added to the headers)

Mail would be a problem. I'm not sure whether I can disable mail altogether, and rely on captchas and other stuff to weed away bots.

• MikeInMikeIn Member

Hi.

Havnt read all the commenys in between, only few initials one.

Is it possible that you could make the website register and use only?

And provide those links to registered users only.
    You may put the details to be read by anyone, just not the links to be downloaded.

Restrict search engines to crawl your website.

If you are not looking to earn anything, you may make it slightly easy for yourself.

edited May 2015

alexvolk said: OK, soyoustart has an ip failover. Purchase it with IP block of minimium 4 and have a IP swipped to you. That way you'll able to handle abuses. But still not sure, maybe who have that IP blocks can give more information.

Yes. But what if they're dissatisfied with my response and take it up with the upstream POC's abuse department?

I've registered a .ru for the service. I have to think of some mechanism of transferring/mounting files from my dedicated to the Ru/Ro VPS on demand. Thoughts?

• TrafficTraffic Member

joelgm said: I've registered a .ru for the service. I have to think of some mechanism of transferring/mounting files from my dedicated to the Ru/Ro VPS on demand. Thoughts?

If you only need the files when they will be accessed and not be stored, use a nginx proxy (with caching maybe).

If they will be stored, just replicate the file dir as new files are uploaded. Even rsync with cron can do this for you, or you can code something simple to manage files as they are uploaded to your dedicated. PHP cURL for example should work for the latter.